Theories & Speculation

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by The Jumping Man »

Regarding the two sooty men, weren't there two woodsmen in the room above the convenience store in FWWM? (Actually, you can see them both more clearly in The Missing Pieces.) Maybe this is the evolution of them, and they're drawn to Buckhorn by Bob's presence.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

did they go through a portal into "our" reality and therefore got burned bad?
oldforce
Roadhouse Member

Post by oldforce »

Hester Prynne wrote: Just to add a few more - what's in that leather bag that Hank has? It doesn't look like something you'd keep maintenance tools in - is it from Ruth's apartment? And who is Chip - and why doesn't he have a phone? That's weird.
This stuck out to me on a rewatch. He and Chip get what's in the bag for themselves, the person on the phone (Harvey) doesn't get any. It was Chip and Hank's deal.

Hank has a ladder tied to the back of his truck. Are HARVEY and CHIP the burnt lodge spirits in Buckhorn, collecting Ruth/Briggs garmonbozia? What's in the bag.
Low Entropy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Low Entropy »

just saw this mentioned on facebook: in the beginning scene with the giant, the sounds we hear sound sound like a geiger counter. maybe this ties in to the spoilers i mentioned. but i must admit, that would be *really* far-fetched.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I think it would be entirely consistent thematically with Lynch's surrealism and personal values -- Frost's too -- to
Spoiler:
end the show by blowing it to bits.
The surrealists believed that culture in general was repressive and overly rational and so should be destroyed, or at least that rigid binary oppositions and rationalism ought to be deconstructed.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Spoiler:
Well they destroyed The Village in the Prisoner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Panapaok wrote:So, those guys are obviously different. Any theories?
They look similar to me, except for maybe the hat and hair, but that could just be because the shots are from different angles.

This might be a dumb question, but why isn't he listed in the credits of episode 7? I'm not familiar with the nuances of crediting people in shows, but would he just be considered an extra or is there some secrecy around his character name or the actor that's playing him? Is he possibly a character that we've already seen in this episode? They could have just put a bunch of question marks by his name like they did with the Giant.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

Daliz wrote:Hello folks, first time poster here :)

I have to say I like the theory about Jeffries being an AI or something. It would go nicely with the electricity theme.
Lorraine sending the text "2" and the black box beeping and blinking leds twice, the red square on Todd's screen which is clearly a signal for starting the hit plan on Lorraine and Dougie/Coop, and Mr C's phone shenanigans in the prison (has to be some hacking done there).
Mr. C used his FBI computer to download the blueprints/technical data on the prison. I assumed that meant he was able to determine the necessary key sequence to hack into the security systems and cause the chaos that we observed.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Hester Prynne wrote:
They look similar to me, except for maybe the hat and hair, but that could just be because the shots are from different angles.

This might be a dumb question, but why isn't he listed in the credits of episode 7? I'm not familiar with the nuances of crediting people in shows, but would he just be considered an extra or is there some secrecy around his character name or the actor that's playing him? Is he possibly a character that we've already seen in this episode? They could have just put a bunch of question marks by his name like they did with the Giant.
Stewart Strauss took credit for his appearance in the first episode. He said that it's not him but a different actor in episode 7. My guess is that they're not officially credited because it's something to be revealed later on. Here's what the actor said:
In my IMDb page you won’t find any info about Twin Peaks: The Return, for two reasons. I signed a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA), which clearly states that I couldn’t speak or share any info about the show. I also respect the way the David Lynch and Mark Frost have promoted the show, which is to reveal as little as possible about what’s coming. Once my character is described on IMDb, the mystery of what I am supposed to be is over.
http://www.davidlynch.it/twin-peaks-who ... n-in-jail/
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Panapaok wrote:
Hester Prynne wrote:

Stewart Strauss took credit for his appearance in the first episode. He said that it's not him but a different actor in episode 7. My guess is that they're not officially credited because it's something to be revealed later on. Here's what the actor said:
In my IMDb page you won’t find any info about Twin Peaks: The Return, for two reasons. I signed a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA), which clearly states that I couldn’t speak or share any info about the show. I also respect the way the David Lynch and Mark Frost have promoted the show, which is to reveal as little as possible about what’s coming. Once my character is described on IMDb, the mystery of what I am supposed to be is over.
http://www.davidlynch.it/twin-peaks-who ... n-in-jail/
Great article! I didn't even realize the actor (or one of the actors) had been identified.

Since there are two actors, are they different characters or was there a conflict when they did that shoot and they had to get someone else to fill-in? Was it intentional? Is the actor in episode 7 playing a younger version of the character in the jail cell, is he his doppelgänger . . . the mystery deepens.

- Interesting that he was responding to a casting call looking for actors with long hair and beards in his age range.
manalicream
Roadhouse Member

Post by manalicream »

Given the talk on the previous page considering a certain spoiler could this have something to do with the amount of people supposedly suffering from cancer in Twin Peaks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

manalicream wrote:Given the talk on the previous page considering a certain spoiler could this have something to do with the amount of people supposedly suffering from cancer in Twin Peaks

Never thought about that, but there's a huge amount of people in the "real" world suffering from it nowadays, guess that's why it didn't alarm me in TP. :(
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

dronerstone wrote:
manalicream wrote:Given the talk on the previous page considering a certain spoiler could this have something to do with the amount of people supposedly suffering from cancer in Twin Peaks

Never thought about that, but there's a huge amount of people in the "real" world suffering from it nowadays, guess that's why it didn't alarm me in TP. :(
Right, and consider where Lynch and Frost are in life. They have friends, family and associates suffering from various serious illnesses, including cancer. This real life theme is bound to overflow into their writing. (I saw a nod to this with Gordon Cole's mention of quitting smoking... a little poke at the fans since we know DKL's fondness for tobacco.)

But the alleged spoiler connection is so far out there ... that I can buy it! :D
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

I have been hoping that they have kept Harry alive so we might have a quick scene with him at some point. But now I'm thinking they've kept him alive to give us a funeral for him later in the season.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Hockey Mask wrote:I have been hoping that they have kept Harry alive so we might have a quick scene with him at some point. But now I'm thinking they've kept him alive to give us a funeral for him later in the season.
My view on the subject: if they are just going to do a cameo for Ontkean, why bother? I am not a big fan of such fleeting appearances on the screen. The Will Hayward cameo had a purpose, so that was OK. But in general, they are not going to make or break the show.

If Cooper does end up coming back and regaining his memory, his reunion with Hawk, Lucy and Andy will be sweet. If they then have him Skype with Harry S. Truman, I am not sure it would add much to the final product, given Harry would have been absent nearly the whole movie.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly