Theories & Speculation

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by KyleRickards »

alreadygoneplaces wrote:
Framed_Angel wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:ETA: two birds with one stone, is it possible Good Coop is able to create two dugpas using one gold orb?
I like this idea! But I haven't been able to conjure any other meanings for "2 birds/ 1 stone" so it fits as good as anything. (You meant 'tulpa' not 'dugpa', right?)
I posted this which got lost as last post of the prior page...
An idea...

'Diane' and Janey-E were both manufactured from the same source. Half-sisters. Two birds with one stone. How come Dougie ended up married to Janey? Small world, but not that small...
I think if this was true, Dougie, Janey and the Diane tulpas were all made at the same time. Would that fit the timeline? Need to cross reference when the Fuscos said Dougie's records started with when Diane said she was visited by the doppelgänger...
Well birds is a not PC term for women round this parts - and it's the sort of slang Green Glove Man would use!

I seem to remember that Dougie had no records before 1997 and that Diane said she saw Cooper returned about four years after he vanished?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

KyleRickards wrote:
Well birds is a not PC term for women round this parts - and it's the sort of slang Green Glove Man would use!

I seem to remember that Dougie had no records before 1997 and that Diane said she saw Cooper returned about four years after he vanished?
Jesus, no, I definitely didn't mean 'two birds' to mean two women, that would be awful. Just accomplishing two separate necessary things with one action.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

alreadygoneplaces wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:

Jesus, no, I definitely didn't mean 'two birds' to mean two women, that would be awful. Just accomplishing two separate necessary things with one action.
Oh god no, I wasn't thinking you were saying that at all!

And yes, I've worked with people who still refer to women as birds!

(Sidenote, a female mate of mine once said to a guy, 'Do you know why we're called birds? Because we pick up worms!)

alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

KyleRickards wrote:

(Sidenote, a female mate of mine once said to a guy, 'Do you know why we're called birds? Because we pick up worms!)
Heh, yep, me too. But I certainly wouldn't expect it from the Fireman. Having said that, the one-armed man briefly turned into a drunken geordie for a moment this episode (his first line):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eynMq0_uAw[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eynMq0_uAw

:lol:
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by KyleRickards »

alreadygoneplaces wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:

Heh, yep, me too. But I certainly wouldn't expect it from the Fireman. Having said that, the one-armed man briefly turned into a drunken geordie for a moment this episode (his first line):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eynMq0_uAw[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eynMq0_uAw

:lol:
Hahahahaha! That's funny Image

Also, just rewatching, in the bit where our Coop meets Laura in Ep 1/2, Dale asks if she's Laura and she doesn't answer (but she feels like she knows her)

So have we ever known the real Laura Palmer?!

Edit - She did say she's Laura. I'll watch it all before posting!

KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

I'm still convinced Albert is more than he seems...

Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

KyleRickards wrote:I'm still convinced Albert is more than he seems...
Heh... "The Owlberts are not what they seem..."
Has a nice ring to it! :D
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Framed_Angel wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:I'm still convinced Albert is more than he seems...
Heh... "The Owlberts are not what they seem..."
Has a nice ring to it! :D

I'm also curious about why Doppleganger Arm sent Cooper back to Earth via the glass box and who saved him by transferring him to Naido's place...

Watching back from the start is interesting...

Also would very little of this series happened if Good Dale had switched places as was intended back in Eps 1/2?

Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

To follow up on my earlier speculation that the Mitchum brothers are not as wholly absolved or redeemed as appearances would seem:
What if by "hearts of gold" the real meaning behind Cooper's words was the brothers each contain / were germinated by a little gold nugget-"seed" of one's own?
They spent time at an orphanage, after all. No known parentage. Why bother to even mention that back in Part 13 or whenever, that they lived at an orphanage?
Someone else here suggested Cooper intends to "take them out."
"Two birds with one stone."

Well, I'm gonna take it and run with this theory. Please y'all don't jump on me~
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

KyleRickards wrote: Also, what part did Laura's missing diary pages play in the overall scheme of things?
They planted the seed in Gordon's mind that there might be two coops, a fact that he'll soon likely be witness to.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Here's a crazy theory that would drive many fans nuts -- the whole story is a dream. The dreamer is Judy, and the reason no one wants to talk about her is they're afraid to wake her up.

The funny part would be if we've never met Judy before. She's just some random person, and after she wakes up, Twin Peaks is done. :lol:
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

BigEd wrote:
KyleRickards wrote: Also, what part did Laura's missing diary pages play in the overall scheme of things?
They planted the seed in Gordon's mind that there might be two coops, a fact that he'll soon likely be witness to.
Thanks Ed.

Rik Renault
Roadhouse Member

Post by Rik Renault »

chromereflectsimage wrote:I still think the Las Vegas reality is fake, or in the very least in a different world some how.
I thought this for so so long. It all seemed so dream-like. Just like the first two-thirds of MD. Then there's the Rancho Rosa connection. Even up to S3E15 with Janey-E's final line to Coop pre-execution of "it seems like all our DREAMS are coming true."
But this latest ep has made this very difficult to justify now.
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

Do you think Cooper sticking a fork in the electric socket had anything to do with Richard being electrocuted?
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

I posted this briefly in the Ep 16 thread, but it is still haunting my mind, and it's the idea of the curtains in the red room being red theatre curtains. The white lodge is portrayed as some sort of other worldly theatre where creations are made and sent down to Earth, but are they sent to the red room to wait behind the stage before it's time for their story? Is Lynch going 'Billy' Shakespeare on us - "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances and one man in his time plays many parts." The line then goes into the seven ages of man . . . life . . . and given that so much time has passed for these characters and us, are we seeing this harmony played out before us in The Return? I don't know what the theatre symbolism means in terms of theory, but it's added a more beautiful layer to the show for me as we come down to the end.

Also, ironically, As You Like It has an Audrey and Billy (William) and characters in disguise escaping to a forest.