Theories & Speculation

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

PeaksCarnivaleLost
Roadhouse Member

Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by PeaksCarnivaleLost »

I haven't seen this posted yet, sorry if it's been noted.

But i truly believe that Tracy was sent to bang Sam by Mr. C.

Watching again it's just too cozy an arrangement and it would explain why the guards weren't present the 2nd time. Mr.C hires them and could easily give them a "stand down" order.

First coffee night was a test run and the second night was timed for Coopers release from the Lodge. Mr.C knew there was a good chance of something coming through that box on that night and since sex seems to be ritualistic (?) on this show it definitely fits the pattern.

The box had both Coop and TEOTA's doppleganger that night. Not sure who Mr. C was looking for the most but -- it was a set up!
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

PeaksCarnivaleLost wrote:I haven't seen this posted yet, sorry if it's been noted.

Watching again it's just too cozy an arrangement and it would explain why the guards weren't present the 2nd time. Mr.C hires them and could easily give them a "stand down" order.

First coffee night was a test run and the second night was timed for Coopers release from the Lodge. Mr.C knew there was a good chance of something coming through that box on that night and since sex seems to be ritualistic (?) on this show it definitely fits the pattern.

The box had both Coop and TEOTA's doppleganger that night. Not sure who Mr. C was looking for the most but -- it was a set up!
I think you are onto something. It would be the mother rather than Coop Mr.C was seeking out, both according to his other actions this season and the use of sex magicks. I re-watched the scene and although Sam is the one who asks to make out, Tracey is the one who escalates things to the next level. Also she remains sitting on top of Sam, similarly to the Richard-Linda sex magicks scene. It always bothered me why that guard was not around, but your explanation makes a lot of sense.
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

PeaksCarnivaleLost wrote:I haven't seen this posted yet, sorry if it's been noted.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3452&p=113462#p113462
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3452&p=113433#p113433

One of the most teasingly and purposefully rendered omissions (don’t tell but show) in TPS03 is Mr C’s goal; what is he up to and why? The photo, that Tammy showed to both Albert and Gordon revealed that Mr C was involved in the happenings related to that glass box apartment in NYC. The other guy on that photo, with the bald head and glasses, who is wearing a trench-coat presents resemblance with Charlie.

If Mr C knew Charlie then it would be a small step to assume he must’ve known about Charlie’s wife as well; Audrey Horne. Another step in this world of speculation would enter the possibility that Mr C forced Audrey into a marriage with Charley. Furthermore it means that Mr C always was aware he had a son …

On a poetical level a symmetrical equivalence exists between how Diane’s rape was portrayed and reconstructed and Audrey's malaise; it creates a train of thoughts that heads toward a possible explanation for Audrey’s situation. Diane’s mind was being transferred to The Convenience Store (Diane-Tulpa talked about “some old gas-station”) , where she was torn apart into two “entities;” into Naido who remained in a confined room with fireplace floating in that purple world (non-existence), and into the earthly appearance of Diane-Tulpa.
Audrey’s mind, during or immediately after the rape, might have been similarly taken to that notorious Convenience Store, where she also was ripped apart into two metaphysical halves; one half, aka The American Girl, remained in a place similar to Naido’s; a similar room with fireplace floating in the purple world - non-existence, and the other half (a Tulpa?) that lived a life restrained by Charlie or that suffered from agoraphobia. Charlie, possibly Mr C’s accountant, was another puppet on a string controlled by Mr C.

Back to Sam and Tracey. The whole sequence, from the first moment that Tracey showed up with two lattes up until the double brutal murder, feels orchestrated in someways. The fact that Cooper fell through the chevron floor of the Red/Waiting Room and appeared floating in that glass box at the very moment that Tracey arrived for a second time with two lattes, can hardly be a coincidence. The simultaneity of both her and Cooper’s entrance coincided with the absence of the guard translates, again in a poetical way, to a form of Love came rushing in, and could flourish without restrains or control.
Sam and Tracey, without knowing, became Victims of Love, were part of Mr C’s plan; an experiment of creating a portal for “another dimension” from which the source of BOB and all evil could enter our world. The required condition for opening up such portal was the convergence of two fundamental opposite forces in life: Love and Fear. The Fear commenced when Sam, during his love-making, glanced (almost accidentally) into the glass box …

And so, it happened.
Last edited by Xavi on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

It does look like Charlie in New York with Mr.C, and I think I was the first one to suggest that right after the episode aired BUT in his AMA Mark Frost specified that the person in the photo is "...a henchman". While that is not exactly the same as explicitly stating that it is not Charlie, it certainly pokes a hole in our theory.
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

eyeboogers wrote:It does look like Charlie in New York with Mr.C, and I think I was the first one to suggest that right after the episode aired BUT in his AMA Mark Frost specified that the person in the photo is "...a henchman". While that is not exactly the same as explicitly stating that it is not Charlie, it certainly pokes a hole in our theory.
It does not poke any hole in my theory: Not all henchmen are accountants and vice versa neither are all accountants henchmen. Besides his bald head, his glasses, there is one very pee-culiar property about Charlie, in fact about the actor Clark Middleton, and that is that he has very tiny (misshapen) hands.

Poiuyt
Roadhouse Member

Post by Poiuyt »

Before it was pointed out to me that Moby was part of the band during Rebekah del Rico's performance, I thought he was the guy in the glass box photo with Mr. C, playing basically a fictionalized version of himself (i.e. "Musician") who Mr. C knew somehow, maybe through his wealth and all the status it brought.
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

If anything, the experiment showed "The Experiment."
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I have to say, I find a lot of the theories pretty out there, but that REALLY does look like Clark Middleton with Coop. Do we know when they show the Sam/Tracy scenes? Presumably they would have shot this photo around that same time. Fenn started shooting near the end of production (4/09 I believe), so presumably Middleton wasn’t cast too long before that.
PeaksCarnivaleLost
Roadhouse Member

Post by PeaksCarnivaleLost »

eyeboogers wrote:

I think you are onto something. It would be the mother rather than Coop Mr.C was seeking out, both according to his other actions this season and the use of sex magicks. I re-watched the scene and although Sam is the one who asks to make out, Tracey is the one who escalates things to the next level. Also she remains sitting on top of Sam, similarly to the Richard-Linda sex magicks scene. It always bothered me why that guard was not around, but your explanation makes a lot of sense.

So taking it further -- it seems the box worked perfectly.

(Safe) Assumption -- Real Cooper could not leave the Lodge without Mr.C going back in. Mr. C was not going back in (Priority #1 - it was one of the first things Mr.C mentioned, #2 was finding the Bug)

Having Real Coop switch places with a tulpa was Mr.C's "work around" so all he had to do was kill a glorified vegetable. The hit men we're already in place. What Mr.C wasn't counting on was Mike/Fireman/TEOTA assisting him in every way possible to get Real Coop through the situation until Mr. C could be killed by either the alternate coordinate trap, or the fail safe Fireman trap.

If Dougie were to be killed Good Coop would be in the Lodge for eternity and Mr.C would have won his independence.

The Mauve world seems to be sort of a Loophole for facilitating this plan. A place where the exit portal could be switched from the original point of entry (Glastonbury Grove).

I still don't fully understand the 2 girls in the Mauve rooms -- probably could've been accomplished by using one. Additionally, Naido/Diane would not let Coop go through the 15 portal but if Mr.C hatched this work around, and Coop did switch with Dougie according to plan, what worse could've happened if Coop goes through 15 instead of 3?

Seems to me the whole mystery is in Eps 2, 3 and 17, 18.

The rest might just be a dream or alternate timeline. (outside TP that is -- all the new characters are SO over the top it can't be real. Right?)
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

PeaksCarnivaleLost wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:

(Safe) Assumption -- Real Cooper could not leave the Lodge without Mr.C going back in. Mr. C was not going back in (Priority #1 - it was one of the first things Mr.C mentioned, #2 was finding the Bug)

Having Real Coop switch places with a tulpa was Mr.C's "work around" so all he had to do was kill a glorified vegetable. The hit men we're already in place. What Mr.C wasn't counting on was Mike/Fireman/TEOTA assisting him in every way possible to get Real Coop through the situation until Mr. C could be killed by either the alternate coordinate trap, or the fail safe Fireman trap.

If Dougie were to be killed Good Coop would be in the Lodge for eternity and Mr.C would have won his independence.

The Mauve world seems to be sort of a Loophole for facilitating this plan. A place where the exit portal could be switched from the original point of entry (Glastonbury Grove).

I still don't fully understand the 2 girls in the Mauve rooms -- probably could've been accomplished by using one. Additionally, Naido/Diane would not let Coop go through the 15 portal but if Mr.C hatched this work around, and Coop did switch with Dougie according to plan, what worse could've happened if Coop goes through 15 instead of 3?

The rest might just be a dream or alternate timeline. (outside TP that is -- all the new characters are SO over the top it can't be real. Right?)
At the point Naido prevents Cooper from exiting through the 15 socket everything in the power station they are inhabiting is set to AC, Naido pulls a switch out in space seemingly changing things to DC - so that the electricity flows in one direction. This would have worked, except for Mr.C's Dougie trick. Cooper anyways gets to re-enter the world via an AC socket in Rancho Rose, rather than the DC cigarette lighter in the car Mr.C is driving - as was intended. Therefor his brain get's fried/dougiefied until Cooper eventually uses that same socket to reset himself. Something along those lines. This doesn't answer why the numbers change though.
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

eyeboogers wrote:
PeaksCarnivaleLost wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:

At the point Naido prevents Cooper from exiting through the 15 socket everything in the power station they are inhabiting is set to AC, Naido pulls a switch out in space seemingly changing things to DC - so that the electricity flows in one direction. This would have worked, except for Mr.C's Dougie trick. Cooper anyways gets to re-enter the world via an AC socket in Rancho Rose, rather than the DC cigarette lighter in the car Mr.C is driving - as was intended. Therefor his brain get's fried/dougiefied until Cooper eventually uses that same socket to reset himself. Something along those lines. This doesn't answer why the numbers change though.
That's assuming Dougies house has an AC circuit like most homes. It's strange that Cooper would get shocked if it is like regular homes because he stuck his fork in the neutral side on the left instead of the hit side.
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

I have to say that my understanding of electricity is completely different. I mean that Maxwell's four laws tell everything.

When Naido pulls the lever the "machine" switches from Direct Current (DC) to Alternate Current (AC). An Alternating Current creates a magnetic field, and under superconducting conditions, hey this is the otherworldly isn't it, it can even let a frog float in the air. Anyway, Naido becomes the frog and the repelling magnetic force launched her into "space," where she fortunately met a vortex that sucked her down to earth. The enigmatic question is where, who and why her beautiful red dress was taken?

All electricity in a car comes from a battery, which generates DC. The DC in the purple world's machine-pod is in synch with the cigarette's outlet in Mr C's car, but ... Naido obstructively showed Cooper not to enter the DC socket; it would have killed him. DC can not transport "information." AC, which is a fact a sinus-wave can. Information can materialise and vice versa matter can be split into information bearing particles; this sounds almost like science-fiction ...

Out of the mist a dim light leaves a circular pattern on a hazy background, from which a picture becomes visible. The picture shows the face of Laura Palmer; she is the one. The light catches her right eye. Mist hangs over a mountainous forest. A river brings water to a cascade. It falls, it falls and it falls. Clouds of waterdrops down below fade into ... into moving red curtains, that lick like fire. That move like waves, spreading a radiation of heat and progress into a moving chevron floor that evokes the impression of waves at the surface of a lake.

A long story short. The AC in the purple world machine-pod connected the house in the Sycamore street in Rosa Rancho, where Dougie dies (heart attack ?) to arriving in the Waiting Room, where TOAM turns him into black smoke, a flash of light and a golden seed.
Cooper, who had left the Waiting Room prematurely, by intervention of The One (I will come back to that, some time in the future), takes the passage of the AC connection, turns into a black cloud of information that travels to space time like an electromagnetic wave and arrives at Dougie's place in Sycamore street, where a black smoke of information materialise into ... Cooper.

What went wrong? Mr C's plan failed, didn't it? We, the viewer, have an easy job. We were able to see, where Cooper came from, whereas the poor assassins didn't have a clue when they were ordered to kill Douglas Jones, the real one, the created one somewhere in the 90's by Mr C.

This was his plan. Douglas Jones was a copy of Mr C, he bore his DNA. At the moment Mr Jones would have been shot, Cooper had to leave the Waiting Room - a dead Bad Cooper (his DNA) in and a waiting Good Cooper out. The assassins would experience something entirely different. From their point of view they would see a dead Mr Jones who resurrects coinciding with some physical changes - Mr Jones turns into Dale Cooper. So, they were not done yet, their job was just half way. They needed to kill Mr Jones twice; i.e. both murdering Douglas Jones and Dale Cooper. This would've resulted into Mr C getting disconnected from the strings to the Waiting Room.

It turned out that Dale Cooper was indeed saved by The One.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Xavi wrote:I have to say that my understanding of electricity is completely different. I mean that Maxwell's four laws tell everything.

When Naido pulls the lever the "machine" switches from Direct Current (DC) to Alternate Current (AC). An Alternating Current creates a magnetic field, and under superconducting conditions, hey this is the otherworldly isn't it, it can even let a frog float in the air. Anyway, Naido becomes the frog and the repelling magnetic force launched her into "space," where she fortunately met a vortex that sucked her down to earth. The enigmatic question is where, who and why her beautiful red dress was taken?

All electricity in a car comes from a battery, which generates DC. The DC in the purple world's machine-pod is in synch with the cigarette's outlet in Mr C's car, but ... Naido obstructively showed Cooper not to enter the DC socket; it would have killed him. DC can not transport "information." AC, which is a fact a sinus-wave can. Information can materialise and vice versa matter can be split into information bearing particles; this sounds almost like science-fiction ...

Out of the mist a dim light leaves a circular pattern on a hazy background, from which a picture becomes visible. The picture shows the face of Laura Palmer; she is the one. The light catches her right eye. Mist hangs over a mountainous forest. A river brings water to a cascade. It falls, it falls and it falls. Clouds of waterdrops down below fade into ... into moving red curtains, that lick like fire. That move like waves, spreading a radiation of heat and progress into a moving chevron floor that evokes the impression of waves at the surface of a lake.

A long story short. The AC in the purple world machine-pod connected the house in the Sycamore street in Rosa Rancho, where Dougie dies (heart attack ?) to arriving in the Waiting Room, where TOAM turns him into black smoke, a flash of light and a golden seed.
Cooper, who had left the Waiting Room prematurely, by intervention of The One (I will come back to that, some time in the future), takes the passage of the AC connection, turns into a black cloud of information that travels to space time like an electromagnetic wave and arrives at Dougie's place in Sycamore street, where a black smoke of information materialise into ... Cooper.

What went wrong? Mr C's plan failed, didn't it? We, the viewer, have an easy job. We were able to see, where Cooper came from, whereas the poor assassins didn't have a clue when they were ordered to kill Douglas Jones, the real one, the created one somewhere in the 90's by Mr C.

This was his plan. Douglas Jones was a copy of Mr C, he bore his DNA. At the moment Mr Jones would have been shot, Cooper had to leave the Waiting Room - a dead Bad Cooper (his DNA) in and a waiting Good Cooper out. The assassins would experience something entirely different. From their point of view they would see a dead Mr Jones who resurrects coinciding with some physical changes - Mr Jones turns into Dale Cooper. So, they were not done yet, their job was just half way. They needed to kill Mr Jones twice; i.e. both murdering Douglas Jones and Dale Cooper. This would've resulted into Mr C getting disconnected from the strings to the Waiting Room.

It turned out that Dale Cooper was indeed saved by The One.
We obviously need a electicity sub-forum. I am assuming that your "The One" is the one the rest of us call "The Fireman". I don't think Cooper makes it back out prematurely, I still think it happens at 2:53, just in a different place. I don't understand why the hitmen would have to kill both Dougie and Dougie-Coop, their job was to hang around until after 2:53 and then shoot the version of Dougie they'd encounter.
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

This is kind of interesting and makes you wonder "Death, what the hell do we know?"

Mindscapes: First interview with a dead man

“Nine years ago, Graham woke up and discovered he was dead.”

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... -dead-man/
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

"Is it future or is it past?"

This is a real scientific dilemma. Edward Witten ponders the nature of reality.
Observing a quantum system irreversibly changes it, creating a distinction between past and future. So the observer issue seems possibly related to the question of time, which we also don’t understand. With the AdS/CFT duality, we’ve learned that new spatial dimensions can pop up like a hologram from quantum information on the boundary. Do you think time is also emergent — that it arises from a timeless complete description?
https://www.quantamagazine.org/edward-w ... -20171128/