FWWM Convience Store Scene in relation to Season 3 (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

NewtoTwinPeaks
Roadhouse Member

FWWM Convience Store Scene in relation to Season 3 (SPOILERS)

Post by NewtoTwinPeaks »

Will this scene factor into Season 3 at all? Obviously The One-Armed Man and Bob are actors that are not part of the new show, and I believe some of the other ones are not either. I believe the guy who played The Jumping Man is part of the new show so here's hoping. Does anyone know if any of the other actors are back for the show?

Do you think the Electrician, the Woodsmen, or the Grandmother/Grandson will factor at all? It seems like quite an important scene that will hopefully be touched upon.
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Re: FWWM Convience Store Scene in relation to Season 3

Post by StrangerDanger »

I've nothing but impressions: I hope so, because the Convenience Store scene is perhaps one of the greatest events in movie history. Pure genius.
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: FWWM Convience Store Scene in relation to Season 3

Post by N. Needleman »

I half-suspect the opening sequence with Cooper and the Giant (or "????" - sigh) took place in the convenience store - a realm beyond the Lodge, maybe the spirits' home dimension, if we're going by the old Season 3/FWWM lore from Bob Engels.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Re: FWWM Convience Store Scene in relation to Season 3 (SPOILERS)

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

I think you meant the man from another place not the on armed man as he is clearly in the new show and also was not in the convenience store.

I think the bigger question is what they will do with Bob at all. I feel the best thing to do is to recast him either with a look a like or as a completely different entity but with the lack of seeing him thus far I could see them just not showing him at all except for when they need an archival mirror shot. So I'd bet right now we won't get a convenience tore scene and also not too many more red room inhabits if at all.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Post by StrangerDanger »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:I think the bigger question is what they will do with Bob at all. I feel the best thing to do is to recast him either with a look a like or as a completely different entity but with the lack of seeing him thus far I could see them just not showing him at all except for when they need an archival mirror shot. So I'd bet right now we won't get a convenience tore scene and also not too many more red room inhabits if at all.
The Frank Silva version of BOB was a character drawn from Leland's youth, a neighbour who flicked lit matchsticks at him and probably also sexually abused him. Now that the Leland Palmer context is gone, BOB is free to mutate (my opinion).
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
mine
Roadhouse Member

Post by mine »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:I think you meant the man from another place not the on armed man as he is clearly in the new show and also was not in the convenience store.

I think the bigger question is what they will do with Bob at all. I feel the best thing to do is to recast him either with a look a like or as a completely different entity but with the lack of seeing him thus far I could see them just not showing him at all except for when they need an archival mirror shot. So I'd bet right now we won't get a convenience tore scene and also not too many more red room inhabits if at all.
They already used archival footage with Frank Silva as Bob so I would rule out a recast. What I found interesting is how we never got to see evil Coop's reflection in a mirror in the 4 episodes which I think is very intentional.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

mine wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:I think you meant the man from another place not the on armed man as he is clearly in the new show and also was not in the convenience store.

They already used archival footage with Frank Silva as Bob so I would rule out a recast. What I found interesting is how we never got to see evil Coop's reflection in a mirror in the 4 episodes which I think is very intentional.

They only showed it as a do you remember your doppelganger bit. I still think it would be most useful to have Bob become someone else.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
gravenimages

Post by gravenimages »

Has anyone yet speculated that the stabby thing that came out of the box could be (the evolution of) BOB? It definitely acted more like him than anyone else we've seen so far, I tend to agree with theories that he's not with Evil Coop.

Whoever Evil Coop was speaking to when he thought he was speaking to Jeffries wanted to be with BOB again. Maybe the voice on the phone is the owner of the box, trying to summon BOB?
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

gravenimages wrote:Has anyone yet speculated that the stabby thing that came out of the box could be (the evolution of) BOB? It definitely acted more like him than anyone else we've seen so far, I tend to agree with theories that he's not with Evil Coop.

Whoever Evil Coop was speaking to when he thought he was speaking to Jeffries wanted to be with BOB again. Maybe the voice on the phone is the owner of the box, trying to summon BOB?
I think it was the arm evil coop spoke with on the phone. I think he wants evil coop/Bob to return to the lodge so he can get his garmonbonzia.

Or possibly someone/something else
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Post by StrangerDanger »

Platypus2000 wrote:
gravenimages wrote:Has anyone yet speculated that the stabby thing that came out of the box could be (the evolution of) BOB? It definitely acted more like him than anyone else we've seen so far, I tend to agree with theories that he's not with Evil Coop.

I think it was the arm evil coop spoke with on the phone. I think he wants evil coop/Bob to return to the lodge so he can get his garmonbonzia.

Or possibly someone/something else
I'm presuming it's JEFFRIES on the phone, i.e. Jeffries got abducted by the Black Lodge in FWWM, and imprisoned in his own part of the Black Lodge, and JEFFRIES now takes his place.

COOP and JEFFRIES each have special skill sets from Coop and Jeffries respectively (e.g. Coop's IT skills were shared with COOP, as by default doppelganger and human exist together, in same body, from birth of the human).

BOB is the mission. COOP is told to bow out for the sake of the mission. JEFFRIES is told he's next up to merge with BOB, for the mission. Whatever that mission is ....
leeeET's ROCK!
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

NewtoTwinPeaks wrote:Will this scene factor into Season 3 at all? Obviously The One-Armed Man and Bob are actors that are not part of the new show, and I believe some of the other ones are not either. I believe the guy who played The Jumping Man is part of the new show so here's hoping. Does anyone know if any of the other actors are back for the show?

Do you think the Electrician, the Woodsmen, or the Grandmother/Grandson will factor at all? It seems like quite an important scene that will hopefully be touched upon.
Whether or not their actors do, I think we'll get some sort of reference to some of them. I kind of took the spirit in the jail cell to be a bit of a reference to the hobo with the stick (but, who knows whether that was intended).

I do hope we see the Jumping Man again though, because his brief screeching in Missing Pieces really got under my skin.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

I'm wondering, based on the Giant scene, whether something else altogether has got into the Lodges which is threatening them all and that's what killed the couple in the room with the cube. Presumably it's American Girl's 'mother.'
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

My snap assumption was also that the opening scene did take place in the convenience store and/or home dimension Engels always discussed.

Could be horseshit but it's a cool thought.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Post by StrangerDanger »

The "home dimension" of Engels is taken by some to be Planet Garmonbozia, but Engels never actually meant that. Still, l think the myth should be twisted in that direction, so as to explain the Aliens.

Anyway, the Home Dimension is not the Convenience Store.

Personally, l think Home should be Black Lodge, the place MFAP and BOB slink off to after Convenience Store.

What the Convenience Store / "above" the Convenience Store are, is a profound mystery but l believe the meeting happened in ancient times, before actual convenience stores existed
leeeET's ROCK!
francisyorkmorgan

Post by francisyorkmorgan »

I thought that the spirit in the jail with Hastings was supposed to be a callback to the lumberjacks in the convenience store. Specifically, Margaret Lanternman's husband. He's all black like he's been burned, and my reading of TSHOTP was that his spirit was trapped there after he died in the fire. I forget if we get a good look at them in FWWM, but it would be interesting to see if the smoke spirit guy in the jail bears any resemblance to any of the lumberjacks in the store.

Thoughts?