Hawk at Glastonberry Grove? (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

claaa7
Great Northern Member

Hawk at Glastonberry Grove? (SPOILERS)

Post by claaa7 »

Any thoughts on this scene in ep. 2? Perhaps the strangest non linear scene in the series so far for me. So at the closing shift hawk tells andy and lucy to get the rest of the Palmer files and to lay it all out in the morning for a meeting to go through it all together.

Next time, seemingly later that night, Hawk is suddenly alone out searching the woods. On the phone it is revealed to Margaret that he is close and he and her log is on the same page. Suddenly he finds The Grove and the red curtains appear to a stunned Hawk. All set to Dark Mood Woods nontheless.

The next time we saw Hawk its in the station and its like a direct logical continuation of the previous station scene. With no mention and really like the GG scene never happened, or at least not yet. Could it be a vision from a near future. Extremely strange and mysterious imo.

Whats your thoughts?
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Re: Hawk at Glastonberry Grove?

Post by StrangerDanger »

Yeah it's not contiguous with what follows, i.e. going back to the police station. We shall see.
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Hawk at Glastonberry Grove?

Post by Soolsma »

He promised Margaret he would tell her what happened over coffee and pie.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Hawk at Glastonberry Grove? (SPOILERS)

Post by N. Needleman »

I assumed Hawk either didn't see what we saw, or simply got a glimpse of the entrance. No way in for him.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Oh yeah forgot to mention; I felt strong major Briggs being abducted vibes there.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

What Needleman said. Just because we see something doesn't mean the character does.

He seems to sense the presence of the Black Lodge for sure though.

Or assuming he did see what we did, what exactly would he say to his fellow police the next day? What course of action could they even take?

The Black Lodge, as Cooper discovered, isn't something that can be defeated with bullets and brute force.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

Hawk wouldn't be the first to see the curtains - Harry certainly did. Maybe he never mentioned it to anyone, but that would be odd.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

but still it seems that he has understood Margaret's message at that point, as he has been pointed to Glastonberry Grove just as the stars align for the lodge to open.. "Me and your lodge are definitely on the same page tonight", "i'm too weak to go with you tonight but tell me what you found".. it seems very strange he would at least not mention anything about it. he definitely has a reason for being out there in the middle of the night, and it has to do with the message from the log. it's very strange and disjointed, and to me seems like a future scene. very intriguing.. also if i remember right when Hawk finds the circle of Sycamores and the curtains appear there's either a stunned face reaction from Hawk or something like that (if i remember right).
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

"I saw some red curtains in the forest."

What can possibly follow that statement?
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Wouldn't it be time for the lodge entrance to be open again? Since DoppelCoop was supposed to return and all? Maybe he went in. Hawk does seem like the type who could step in with perfect courage and not have his soul completely annihilated.

Hawk now has a 'good' inhabiting spirit?

Remember.. as always, just spouting random thoughts here.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Maybe Hawk went into the curtains and only his doppelganger came out!
Normonaut
Roadhouse Member

Post by Normonaut »

Hawk WAS weirdly "slow" in the bunny scene. Something felt like it was missing, and I'm not sure if it was the music or........ Hawk's soul ;)
Agent Cooper. Listen to the sounds.
It is in our house now. It all can not be said aloud now.
Remember 4 - 3 - 0
Richard and Linda. Two birds with one stone.
You are far away.
Driftwood
RR Diner Member

Post by Driftwood »

I think he saw faint sign of red curtains in the air, nothing happened, went and had a nice visit with the log lady, went home went to sleep then woke up and went on about his day looking into the laura palmer case.

I know nowadays everyone wants to think everything is an elaborate long con to setup some gotcha later on but I don't think lynch or frost work that way. when true detective came out I waited until it was all done to watch it. then afterwards I went online to read about and in the comments of every article were all these insane off the wall theories, and then comments post-finale were all these people raging about how the whole show turned out to be... just a regular detective story! not some insane elaborate puzzle that all worked out in some satisfying way.
CrockAlley

Post by CrockAlley »

It was a little weird that nothing seemed to happen, but sometimes that's how TP works.

Hawk suspected something was happening, then we see inside the lodge. Dale begins his journey back to the real world.

Something was happening, and Hawk was right to suspect the lodge, but he didn't actually get to witness anything. But he knows something is going down.
derekfnord

Post by derekfnord »

CrockAlley wrote:It was a little weird that nothing seemed to happen, but sometimes that's how TP works.

Hawk suspected something was happening, then we see inside the lodge. Dale begins his journey back to the real world.

Something was happening, and Hawk was right to suspect the lodge, but he didn't actually get to witness anything. But he knows something is going down.
It could also be that we're seeing something out of sequence. The last thing Hawk sees in the Grove is a bright light. Maj. Briggs saw a bright light before he went missing, and Laura had created a bright light by removing her face. Maybe Hawk was abducted like Briggs was (though perhaps only briefly), or perhaps he saw something else (Laura? Cooper?), but we haven't been shown yet what that was.