How many times have you rewatched? (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Little Pine Cone
Roadhouse Member

Re: How many times have you rewatched?

Post by Little Pine Cone »

I've lost count. We've had them playing on an endless loop via Showtime's On Demand PS4 service since premiere night in the hopes it may give its streaming numbers a minuscule bump. Sometimes the TV is muted but usually not. Haha.
onetruemisfit

Post by onetruemisfit »

Watched episodes 1 and 2 a couple of times and will watch 3 and 4 again soon. Just watched Twin Peaks: FWWM for the second time last night since a while. Loved it. Love Twin Peaks! Love David Lynch! Love this forum! Proud new member!
Some damn fine coffee
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Just once. For some reason, I haven't been able to bring myself to do a proper rewatch yet, though I did rewatch a couple of various scenes here and there.

This is my first time following episodic TV in YEARS and I'm finding it annoying (particularly with this sort of structure). I'm half tempted to wait until a bunch of them have been released and binge them.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Watched all four parts in succession three times now. The second time through, everything improved a lot. The third time felt about the same as the second time. I find it very interesting how the thing moves. It starts seemingly random and strange, but then gets even more strange as it focuses but also gets more fun, all while still seemingly like the same film. Parts one and two serve their purpose, throwing you headfirst into this strange new world; part three is the best and weirdest of the three parts so far; part four is the most fun yet also the one that raises the stakes and seemingly sets the plot further in motion.

The third time through I watched on headphones. That was enlightening. Those complaining about the lack of music might want to check that out just to see how much is actually going on sonically.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

Each part twice, and some scenes more than that (Mauve Room, Evil Coop interview, Albert/Gordon's debrief afterwards, Shelly and James at the Roadhouse).
B Randy

Post by B Randy »

Each episode, 1-4 twice. I had to. I was not ready for that and after watching 1/2, I felt like my brain had been hit by a truck....in a good way. :lol:

I'm still reeling and confused, but the second time through was a little less traumatic and made a little more sense. I also made myself re-watch FWWM over the weekend. Hadn't seen that in at least a decade and it was helpful since there are so many references and inferences in the new episodes to the movie.

I hope I'm not the only one who thought they were pretty TP savvy and now wonder if they ever knew or understood anything at all.
"It's not about the bunny!

Is it about the bunny?"
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I've also lost count.

I'm ready to rewatch again. I don't get sick of it.

The original Peaks I sometimes get annoyed by the cheesy music swelling for every single stubbed toe.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

LateReg wrote:The third time through I watched on headphones. That was enlightening. Those complaining about the lack of music might want to check that out just to see how much is actually going on sonically.
very much agreed.. i had sort of an epiphany watching with headphones as well, there is important background sound/music throughout the entire series basically
windh
Roadhouse Member

Post by windh »

Seen it all twice. Agree with the headphones. A world of difference. When you thought it couldn't be better.
/windh
OrsonWelles
Roadhouse Member

Post by OrsonWelles »

All episodes twice, once on TV, once on laptop with headphones. I must say that some scenes do grow on you (the bunny scene), though it's probably because you know the pacing is going to be weird.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Re: How many times have you rewatched? (SPOILERS)

Post by IcedOver »

I've watched the first four twice and 5 once, although I want to watch it again before the next. I'm in the heavily conflicted category as far as this series' quality, and re-watching them has allowed me to view it for what it is as opposed to the expectations I had. It's made me feel more positive, but I still have a ton of misgivings. Even if I didn't have these misgivings, I think it would be necessary just because of the structure of the show to re-watch the previous before the next. It's not as if each episode is so dense with plot; it's not. However, each does have little references throughout that come to bear on the next. They're not structured anything like regular episodes, but just cut almost arbitrarily. The pacing of the whole thing goes between episodes, not within episodes, so that's why a re-watch is wise.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Three times each part.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
asquideatingdough
Roadhouse Member

Post by asquideatingdough »

Little Pine Cone wrote:I've lost count. We've had them playing on an endless loop via Showtime's On Demand PS4 service since premiere night in the hopes it may give its streaming numbers a minuscule bump. Sometimes the TV is muted but usually not. Haha.

No matter how much it actually helps, I appreciate the sentiment. :)

I've seen each episode twice. I watch when it comes out on streaming, and then again when my partner comes home from work an out an hour later.
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Nightly rewatch. It's the only way to get to the detail, and the devil's definitely in the detail. How else can the fanbase synthesise and extrapolate upon this rich, rich world unless we pour over all those details? That's more or less where my experience of Twin Peaks (and Lynch in general) has always been. First watch is always good, but to be brutally honest I miss 90% of what actually goes on. The real engagement with the art comes much later, and often only unfolds collectively, through conversation with others.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?