What did Laura whisper to Cooper? (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

SpookySculder
Roadhouse Member

Re: What did Laura whisper to Cooper? (SPOILERS)

Post by SpookySculder »

Your point #5 got me thinking of another film besides "Laura". A film called "Watcher in the Woods". A girl supposedly died only to be reunited with her mother 30 years later. She was trapped in another dimension. One can think of the waiting room as such. The difference in the film is that she hadn't aged, though. I really like all these theories.
wowdavidwow wrote:Perhaps Laura was telling Cooper that her own doppelganger is alive in the real world. I posted the theory pasted below on page 9 of the "Theories and Speculation" thread. The whisper might be another reason to believe that the two characters might meet outside the Waiting Room.

-------------------

I just had an idea that seems a bit of a stretch, but the theory is worth considering. Before typing this up, I noticed similar ideas posted by TimeLife and Gabriel within the past day in this thread.

Since the new series established that a person and his doppelganger can exist as separate physical entities, we should reconsider the nature of Laura's doppelganger. There is evidence that points to the possibility that Laura may have a living doppelganger in the real world.

Point #1: In the Waiting Room, Laura said, "I am dead yet I live."

Point #2: In the Waiting Room, Leland said, "Find Laura."

Point #3: Because Dougie was wearing the Owl Ring, there is reason to connect this item with the duplication of a person. Laura's obtaining the Owl Ring at the end of FWWM may have opened the door to a supernatural process that we don't yet understand. Dougie's Owl Ring may be the work of the evil side of MFAP, who now seems to have both a good and evil tree version. Whether or not MFAP wanted Laura to possess the Owl Ring, she obtains it nonetheless. Could this event have split Laura into two?

Point #4: Twin Peaks was originally based in part on the 1944 film, Laura. The story involved an investigator, who falls in love with the woman who's murder he had been investigating. A major plot twist occurs when the investigator discovers that Laura is still alive. Could Twin Peaks be headed down a similar path?

Point #5: Cooper's bringing Laura home alive to her mother would be an incredibly impactful ending. Laura's murder has always been at the core of Twin Peaks, and Cooper's resolving that crime would speak to the very heart of the series.
KillerBOB
Roadhouse Member

Post by KillerBOB »

I remember hearing something about the original script for FWWM containing a scene of Dale and Laura having sex in the red room. That sounds too crazy to be true, though. Is it? And if they did originally plan for the two characters to be romantically involved, could that be the direction they're heading now (assuming Reddit's interpretation of the whisper is true)?
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

KillerBOB wrote:I remember hearing something about the original script for FWWM containing a scene of Dale and Laura having sex in the red room. That sounds too crazy to be true, though. Is it? And if they did originally plan for the two characters to be romantically involved, could that be the direction they're heading now (assuming Reddit's interpretation of the whisper is true)?
Whoa, really? I've never heard that rumour about FWWM.

Cooper and Laura are definitely the heroes of Twin Peaks, but linking them together romantically doesn't work for me at all. I really hope that doesn't happen.
KillerBOB
Roadhouse Member

Post by KillerBOB »

ThumbsUp wrote:
KillerBOB wrote:I remember hearing something about the original script for FWWM containing a scene of Dale and Laura having sex in the red room. That sounds too crazy to be true, though. Is it? And if they did originally plan for the two characters to be romantically involved, could that be the direction they're heading now (assuming Reddit's interpretation of the whisper is true)?

Cooper and Laura are definitely the heroes of Twin Peaks, but linking them together romantically doesn't work for me at all. I really hope that doesn't happen.
Same. Now that Audrey's grown up I'd like to see her have a second chance with Dale.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

KillerBOB wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:

Same. Now that Audrey's grown up I'd like to see her have a second chance with Dale.
Not a rumor, in a script I've held in my hands. It's in Laura's dream. Dale was always falling in love with Laura, through his investigation. << Not an idea I came up with, also something that's been in print.

I can just see Cooper seducing Audrey with his inability to find bathrooms and form sentences. Hottt.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
KillerBOB
Roadhouse Member

Post by KillerBOB »

sylvia_north wrote:
KillerBOB wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:
I can just see Cooper seducing Audrey with his inability to find bathrooms and form sentences. Hottt.
OK, now I really want to see this happen! :lol:
zmccain

Post by zmccain »

I got the idea today that the entity in the glass box in New York that killed the young couple is Laura Palmer.

After she whispers to Cooper she begins to scream and do this fluttery/shaky movement before she appears to be sucked up into the air. The entity in New York has a similar movement as it attacks the couple.

Later Cooper comes across Leland who tells him "Find Laura". As if she left.

The entity in the glass box appears to be female if you look closely.

wowdavidwow wrote:Perhaps Laura was telling Cooper that her own doppelganger is alive in the real world. I posted the theory pasted below on page 9 of the "Theories and Speculation" thread. The whisper might be another reason to believe that the two characters might meet outside the Waiting Room.

-------------------

I just had an idea that seems a bit of a stretch, but the theory is worth considering. Before typing this up, I noticed similar ideas posted by TimeLife and Gabriel within the past day in this thread.

Since the new series established that a person and his doppelganger can exist as separate physical entities, we should reconsider the nature of Laura's doppelganger. There is evidence that points to the possibility that Laura may have a living doppelganger in the real world.

Point #1: In the Waiting Room, Laura said, "I am dead yet I live."

Point #2: In the Waiting Room, Leland said, "Find Laura."

Point #3: Because Dougie was wearing the Owl Ring, there is reason to connect this item with the duplication of a person. Laura's obtaining the Owl Ring at the end of FWWM may have opened the door to a supernatural process that we don't yet understand. Dougie's Owl Ring may be the work of the evil side of MFAP, who now seems to have both a good and evil tree version. Whether or not MFAP wanted Laura to possess the Owl Ring, she obtains it nonetheless. Could this event have split Laura into two?

Point #4: Twin Peaks was originally based in part on the 1944 film, Laura. The story involved an investigator, who falls in love with the woman who's murder he had been investigating. A major plot twist occurs when the investigator discovers that Laura is still alive. Could Twin Peaks be headed down a similar path?

Point #5: Cooper's bringing Laura home alive to her mother would be an incredibly impactful ending. Laura's murder has always been at the core of Twin Peaks, and Cooper's resolving that crime would speak to the very heart of the series.
mstevensmcs

Post by mstevensmcs »

I analyzed the same audio a few weeks ago, after 3 hours of filtering, EQ, and general hassle, my best guess is this:

After "Whisper"......"He was following the stars at night.....shadows...voice in the night"

As Dugpa doesn't allow for audio posting, this is best I can do.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

mstevensmcs wrote:I analyzed the same audio a few weeks ago, after 3 hours of filtering, EQ, and general hassle, my best guess is this:

After "Whisper"......"He was following the stars at night.....shadows...voice in the night"

As Dugpa doesn't allow for audio posting, this is best I can do.
Awesome! Thanks for that! :D 8)
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03