What did Laura whisper to Cooper? (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

onetruemisfit

What did Laura whisper to Cooper? (SPOILERS)

Post by onetruemisfit »

Cooper's reaction was strange. LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!

He seemed surprised. It was a good reaction, not a bad one? Almost like he was turned on and she said something naughty to him. lol
Some damn fine coffee
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

What did Laura whisper to Cooper?

Post by yaxomoxay »

onetruemisfit wrote:Cooper's reaction was strange. LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!

He seemed surprised. It was a good reaction, not a bad one? Almost like he was turned on and she said something naughty to him. lol
"I'll pretend whispering so that those suckers will watch all the episodes."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Re: What did Laura whisper to Cooper?

Post by Gabriel »

'I hope you're getting well paid to do this!'
Normonaut
Roadhouse Member

Post by Normonaut »

I'm almost equally curious to why we heard "whisper" right before it. It's even subtitled in Norwegian here. Just a gaffe? Or intentional? Or both, like BOB?
Agent Cooper. Listen to the sounds.
It is in our house now. It all can not be said aloud now.
Remember 4 - 3 - 0
Richard and Linda. Two birds with one stone.
You are far away.
Flávia

Post by Flávia »

In the first season she whispered in his ear who killed her, now the main plot is the return of "good Cooper". Surely we will only know what she said when he complete the journey and understands his choices.

From his level of disruption, she must have told him about "bad Cooper" and that he should bring him back to the lodge.
Last edited by Flávia on Tue May 30, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Someone thought she said "the stars turn and a time presents itself," echoing the episode's logline. I rewatched it and find this interpretation plausible, although she appears to be saying a bit more too.

As to the "whisper": was that particular shot done in reverse? If so, it would make no sense for the "whisper" to be an accidentally-picked-up direction, right? But maybe the shot wasn't reversed, since Laura appears to be talking forwards (in keeping with the Episode 16 whisper, which has always kind of annoyed me).
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

That's why she's whispering. So they don't hear her speak forward. :D
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

I ponder if we will see Dale kill Laura. In which case, she would whisper something like "you killed me".
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

There's a reddit thread that reversed & cleared up the audio:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... whispered/
Normonaut
Roadhouse Member

Post by Normonaut »

Saturn's child wrote:There's a reddit thread that reversed & cleared up the audio:

Very interesting.
To me, after seeing reddit's interpretations, it sounds like "Dark suit" - "uh-huh?" - "Nobody but me can see your dark suit"
So by that I'd assume they mean "dark self" aka badcoop? Nobody but Laura can see him? doesn't make much sense, maybe she's the only one who can see BOB inside? I don't know man :mrgreen:
Agent Cooper. Listen to the sounds.
It is in our house now. It all can not be said aloud now.
Remember 4 - 3 - 0
Richard and Linda. Two birds with one stone.
You are far away.
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Normonaut wrote:Very interesting.
To me, after seeing reddit's interpretations, it sounds like "Dark suit" - "uh-huh?" - "Nobody but me can see your dark suit"
So by that I'd assume they mean "dark self" aka badcoop? Nobody but Laura can see him? doesn't make much sense, maybe she's the only one who can see BOB inside? I don't know man :mrgreen:
Interesting indeed! ... spades is a dark suit?
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Normonaut wrote:I'm almost equally curious to why we heard "whisper" right before it. It's even subtitled in Norwegian here. Just a gaffe? Or intentional? Or both, like BOB?
Yes, I noticed that as well. It doesn't pick up much on the TV, but it was obvious when I heard it with earphones.

(Edited because iOS autocorrect was its usual random self. I swear it's getting more and more eccentric!)
Last edited by Gabriel on Wed May 31, 2017 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Archivist
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Archivist »

"Agent Cooper, I kind of fancy you"
wowdavidwow

Re: What did Laura whisper to Cooper? (SPOILERS)

Post by wowdavidwow »

Perhaps Laura was telling Cooper that her own doppelganger is alive in the real world. I posted the theory pasted below on page 9 of the "Theories and Speculation" thread. The whisper might be another reason to believe that the two characters might meet outside the Waiting Room.

-------------------

I just had an idea that seems a bit of a stretch, but the theory is worth considering. Before typing this up, I noticed similar ideas posted by TimeLife and Gabriel within the past day in this thread.

Since the new series established that a person and his doppelganger can exist as separate physical entities, we should reconsider the nature of Laura's doppelganger. There is evidence that points to the possibility that Laura may have a living doppelganger in the real world.

Point #1: In the Waiting Room, Laura said, "I am dead yet I live."

Point #2: In the Waiting Room, Leland said, "Find Laura."

Point #3: Because Dougie was wearing the Owl Ring, there is reason to connect this item with the duplication of a person. Laura's obtaining the Owl Ring at the end of FWWM may have opened the door to a supernatural process that we don't yet understand. Dougie's Owl Ring may be the work of the evil side of MFAP, who now seems to have both a good and evil tree version. Whether or not MFAP wanted Laura to possess the Owl Ring, she obtains it nonetheless. Could this event have split Laura into two?

Point #4: Twin Peaks was originally based in part on the 1944 film, Laura. The story involved an investigator, who falls in love with the woman who's murder he had been investigating. A major plot twist occurs when the investigator discovers that Laura is still alive. Could Twin Peaks be headed down a similar path?

Point #5: Cooper's bringing Laura home alive to her mother would be an incredibly impactful ending. Laura's murder has always been at the core of Twin Peaks, and Cooper's resolving that crime would speak to the very heart of the series.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Normonaut wrote:
Saturn's child wrote:There's a reddit thread that reversed & cleared up the audio:

Very interesting.
in a way it does make sense, his black suit.. his doppelganger. just like Krimp was wearing The PHantom Head at the enligntenment scene at the end of IE which obviously was The Suffocating Clown Rubber Suit, which i don't go in to what it si, but look it up if you don't know what i mean. i really hope we do see more of Hailey Gates though.