Annie Speculation (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Re: Annie Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by dronerstone »

good thing is, with her name appearing in those diary pages, it's a safe bet that she wasn't "written out" by Lynch/Frost as some suggested.
Even if we don't get to see Heather Graham in Twin Peaks again, I believe that, whatever the story will be, Annie will still have some kind of impact on what's to come.

I'm happy they didn't just "dump" her. :)
PsychoFox
Roadhouse Member

Post by PsychoFox »

dronerstone wrote:good thing is, with her name appearing in those diary pages, it's a safe bet that she wasn't "written out" by Lynch/Frost as some suggested.
Even if we don't get to see Heather Graham in Twin Peaks again, I believe that, whatever the story will be, Annie will still have some kind of impact on what's to come.

I'm happy they didn't just "dump" her. :)

I am still hoping that the whole cast hasn't been disclosed (like for Kathleen Deming). I dream of an appearance of Annie, Catherine, Leo, Harry or a Donna.
Leacock
Roadhouse Member

Post by Leacock »

Episode 7 kind of disappointed me with Annie, there were all these great Annie theories but now it seems that it amounts to nothing, people remember Annie, they just don't care about her.

I still need to know the answer to the Great Question.

Aerozhul
RR Diner Member

Post by Aerozhul »

Leacock wrote:Episode 7 kind of disappointed me with Annie, there were all these great Annie theories but now it seems that it amounts to nothing, people remember Annie, they just don't care about her.

I still need to know the answer to the Great Question.

Well, the way Hawk referenced her seems to suggest that she lived through the Lodge experience and its aftermath, at least. Otherwise, I think "she was a girl that went to that place with Agent Cooper" would have been immediately been followed up with, "...and was murdered shortly afterward".

I think there's a good chance Annie will pop up again at some point or at least we'll get more closure now hat happened to her. We got more exposition about what happened after the S2 finale tonight than we have so far all season. At least now we know she wasn't retconned out of existence....
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yeah. Annie existed. She probably moved on after this experience. If that's all we get to learn about her, I'm good with it.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

I wonder what they choose to do with her...

1) she died
2) she moved away
3) she disappeared

but i guess it'll be (2) because it wasn't like "oh yeah, Annie Blackburn, that woman who died/disappeared" and moving is a less memorable way of departure. :)
RR Diner Member

Post by 4815162342 »

Doesn't really make sense that he would try to talk to Harry, then talk to Doc Hayward, but not bother to contact Annie?

Why was she written out of the book, though?

Anyways, again, at least the series is not pretending that didn't happen, this is good news, and I await further developments.
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

4815162342 wrote:Doesn't really make sense that he would try to talk to Harry, then talk to Doc Hayward, but not bother to contact Annie?

Why was she written out of the book, though?

Anyways, again, at least the series is not pretending that didn't happen, this is good news, and I await further developments.
I was always on the camp that says Annie's omission in TSHOP was on purpose. Maybe the archivist is trying to hide her from the one who is reading the dossier. It doesn't get any bluer :wink:
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I posted this in the ep 7 thread, but will repeat it here:

I was super excited Annie got a mention- at least they didn't retcon her out completely. Although that likely had to do with including the FWWM message more than anything else.

I do worry that's all we'll get of her fate on the show. The mention of her as just some girl is very bizarre. Not Norma's sister, not someone Cooper was dating. And certainly hints at someone no longer in TP. Although they didn't say she was dead. Frank would have grown up with Harry and Ed, and would definitely know Norma. Really seems like they erased the sibling connection.

Also, realistically Hawk and Truman would start this investigation with Annie after seeing the diary pages.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Ross wrote:I do worry that's all we'll get of her fate on the show. The mention of her as just some girl is very bizarre. Not Norma's sister, not someone Cooper was dating.
Well, if they only watched the last episode for preperation, they might forgot that she's Norma's sister. Even Norma forgot about her sister disappearing during that one. :)
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Panapaok wrote:
Ross wrote:I do worry that's all we'll get of her fate on the show. The mention of her as just some girl is very bizarre. Not Norma's sister, not someone Cooper was dating.
Well, if they only watched the last episode for preperation, they might forgot that she's Norma's sister. Even Norma forgot about her sister disappearing during that one. :)
I think there will be a reference to what Annie ended up doing maybe via a conversation with Norma with Frank Truman. I don't think we'll see her again but I'm willing to be proved wrong Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hercousin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hercousin »

I mean, Cooper only really talked about falling for Annie to Annie and Harry. Hawk's nonchalance and lack of follow up here seem pretty normal to me. The scene wasn't meant to fill us in on her, it was the revelation that the Cooper who came out wasn't the good Cooper.

On the other hand...........I still want to know how Annie is. It could go either way. She's not my Laura, but still. We know more about what Jerry Horne is up to these days. So far. And that seems weird. Is this a Heather Graham issue, or the demotion of a character no one liked?
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

Reading the TSHOTP and seeing the leaked image of Walter Olkewicz on set made people sure there must be some sort of alternative timeline thing going on :D

I'm so glad both of those things have gotten some sort of resolution that doesn't require alternative timelines at all.
PsychoFox
Roadhouse Member

Post by PsychoFox »

Ross wrote: I do worry that's all we'll get of her fate on the show. The mention of her as just some girl is very bizarre. Not Norma's sister, not someone Cooper was dating. And certainly hints at someone no longer in TP. Although they didn't say she was dead. Frank would have grown up with Harry and Ed, and would definitely know Norma. Really seems like they erased the sibling connection.
And no mention of Annie as a former Miss Twin Peaks.
Aerozhul
RR Diner Member

Post by Aerozhul »

Ross wrote:I posted this in the ep 7 thread, but will repeat it here:

I was super excited Annie got a mention- at least they didn't retcon her out completely. Although that likely had to do with including the FWWM message more than anything else.

I do worry that's all we'll get of her fate on the show. The mention of her as just some girl is very bizarre. Not Norma's sister, not someone Cooper was dating. And certainly hints at someone no longer in TP. Although they didn't say she was dead. Frank would have grown up with Harry and Ed, and would definitely know Norma. Really seems like they erased the sibling connection.

Also, realistically Hawk and Truman would start this investigation with Annie after seeing the diary pages.
Kyle MacLachlan answered someone's question on social media if we'd find out "how's Annie" in the new series, and he said "definitely", or something to that effect. I don't think we've heard the last we'll hear of Annie in the new series. They went out of their way to talk about her, and not in the past tense. Even if Graham doesn't show up at some point, I still think we'll find out what happened to her. Like you, I was worried after TSHOTP that she'd be written out of existence, and that didn't happen, so.....