Annie Speculation (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Annie Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by N. Needleman »

Thanks for finding that, CuriousWoman.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Could everyone's memories of Coop's disappearance through the curtains in Glastonbury Grove be the 'missing thing' of which the Log Lady spoke? What if no one remembers Annie, Earle or Glastonbury Grove? Everything in the conference room case files at the Sheriff's station seems to relate to Laura Palmer, but nothing's to do with the psycho who stalked Coop and killed several people across the town, before kidnapping the Miss Twin Peaks winner.

What if the memory block is making people ill, especially supernaturally-sensitive people like Margaret? Harry, a grounded human, who was next to the Lodge when Coop walked in is now ill. Did nobody discuss that night? Does nobody say: 'Ooh! Remember that time Harry said he saw Coop walk through curtains in Glastonbury Grove that were supposed to lead into Hell and vanish for 24 hours? And his new friend Major Briggs died just a couple of days after. And Coop disappeared, never to be heard from again shortly after that! I wonder whether there's a connection!?' Were Gordon and his chums not curious that another Agent had done a runner on a Blue Rose case?

The same goes for the town's amnesia about Leland Palmer. A few days after the incestuous child rapist and multiple murderer was finally killed by BOB, the newspaper headline referred to the town mourning after Leland's burial. Everyone apparently swiftly forgot except, perhaps, for Ben, whose mental state subsequently collapsed. Did he remember after he recovered? Ronette seemed only to remember again when she smelt the scorched engine oil in Episode 29.

And the repeat of Heidi's scene in Episode 29... no one remembered the joke? Heidi didn't roll her eyes at the repetition? How's Annie? Right now, I suspect it's 'Who's Annie?'

It makes me think of the Giant telling Coop he's forgotten something.
PsychoFox
Roadhouse Member

Post by PsychoFox »

To my mind, speculations about Annie being manufactured are conforted by the fact that both Dougie and Annie are considered as weird persons.
Attachments
tumblr_m9oo7hTZdF1qaglgbo1_500.gif
tumblr_m9oo7hTZdF1qaglgbo1_500.gif (682.06 KiB) Viewed 9997 times
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

Gabriel wrote:Could everyone's memories of Coop's disappearance through the curtains in Glastonbury Grove be the 'missing thing' of which the Log Lady spoke? What if no one remembers Annie, Earle or Glastonbury Grove? Everything in the conference room case files at the Sheriff's station seems to relate to Laura Palmer, but nothing's to do with the psycho who stalked Coop and killed several people across the town, before kidnapping the Miss Twin Peaks winner.

What if the memory block is making people ill, especially supernaturally-sensitive people like Margaret? Harry, a grounded human, who was next to the Lodge when Coop walked in is now ill. Did nobody discuss that night? Does nobody say: 'Ooh! Remember that time Harry said he saw Coop walk through curtains in Glastonbury Grove that were supposed to lead into Hell and vanish for 24 hours? And his new friend Major Briggs died just a couple of days after. And Coop disappeared, never to be heard from again shortly after that! I wonder whether there's a connection!?' Were Gordon and his chums not curious that another Agent had done a runner on a Blue Rose case?

The same goes for the town's amnesia about Leland Palmer. A few days after the incestuous child rapist and multiple murderer was finally killed by BOB, the newspaper headline referred to the town mourning after Leland's burial. Everyone apparently swiftly forgot except, perhaps, for Ben, whose mental state subsequently collapsed. Did he remember after he recovered? Ronette seemed only to remember again when she smelt the scorched engine oil in Episode 29.

And the repeat of Heidi's scene in Episode 29... no one remembered the joke? Heidi didn't roll her eyes at the repetition? How's Annie? Right now, I suspect it's 'Who's Annie?'

It makes me think of the Giant telling Coop he's forgotten something.
Now that is VERY interesting!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

If Hawk did indeed find those missing pages then we might be just one week away from finding out how Annie might play into this
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

trismegistus wrote:If Hawk did indeed find those missing pages then we might be just one week away from finding out how Annie might play into this
best scene this episode. BEST.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

This thread deserves a bump, given the discovery in the Part 6 thread that one of the pages Hawk recovers seems to clearly bear Annie's name.
Noidea

Post by Noidea »

I love the idea of Hawk finding Laura's diary pages of Annie's warning that Cooper is trapped in the lodge. But what use are they going to be to anyone now that he's out?
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Noidea wrote:I love the idea of Hawk finding Laura's diary pages of Annie's warning that Cooper is trapped in the lodge. But what use are they going to be to anyone now that he's out?
That's a great point.

Hawk pieces it together. Enters Glastonbury Grove, faces the Lodge with love and purity and passes the test...

Then the One Armed Man says 'Sorry you've just missed Cooper, he left 10 minutes ago.'

ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

KyleRickards wrote:
Noidea wrote:I love the idea of Hawk finding Laura's diary pages of Annie's warning that Cooper is trapped in the lodge. But what use are they going to be to anyone now that he's out?
That's a great point.

Hawk pieces it together. Enters Glastonbury Grove, faces the Lodge with love and purity and passes the test...

Then the One Armed Man says 'Sorry you've just missed Cooper, he left 10 minutes ago.'

ImageImage
Sounds about right. Hawk gives Gordon a call and warns him and they have to rescue Coop before he gets killed.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

If he can track down Dougie-Coop he can let Gordon know he has the wrong Coop.
PsychoFox
Roadhouse Member

Post by PsychoFox »

And Hawk already went to Glastonbury, after the warning of the Log Lady.
PsychoFox
Roadhouse Member

Post by PsychoFox »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:This thread deserves a bump, given the discovery in the Part 6 thread that one of the pages Hawk recovers seems to clearly bear Annie's name.
Screen Capture that I found on "Twin Peaks Worldwide" Facebook page.
Attachments
18951094_1476971979008585_4454065516497676463_n.jpg
18951094_1476971979008585_4454065516497676463_n.jpg (7.82 KiB) Viewed 9477 times
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

PsychoFox wrote:
And Hawk already went to Glastonbury, after the warning of the Log Lady.
I feel a bit bad now, I was only saying my earlier bit in a humorous way to make people smile...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

You certainly did it for me :D
Mr. Reindeer wrote:This thread deserves a bump, given the discovery in the Part 6 thread that one of the pages Hawk recovers seems to clearly bear Annie's name.
Oops, that must be one of the moments I slept over!

But at least we know we were wrong about I know where she drinks. Thought it would be Annie or Audrey.
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB