ROLLING POLL! Your ongoing reaction to the first half of The Return, parts 1-9 (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Which option best describes your overall reaction, based upon all parts released to date?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Like or Love
86%
Heavily Mixed, Leaning Towards Like
9%
Heavily Mixed, Leaning Towards Dislike
3%
Dislike or Hate
2%

Total votes: 198
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: ROLLING POLL! Your ongoing reaction to the first half of The Return, parts 1-9 (SPOILERS)

Post by Jonah »

I'm leaning more and more towards like. Still a little mixed, still not love.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: ROLLING POLL! Your ongoing reaction to the first half of The Return, parts 1-9 (SPOILERS)

Post by Soolsma »

Overall, things are getting better and better if you ask me.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
ScottMurray

Post by ScottMurray »

Been having mixed feelings that can go up and down at times (and of course sometimes the best Lynch moments need time to go around in your head for a bit). It often helps to think of it as more of a mixed David Lynch project that just happens to sometimes reference or riff off of the original Twin Peaks. But I have enjoyed particular moments or scenes throughout and there's no denying that for me Twin Peaks Monday is becoming a regular ritual that I both find myself making time for and looking forward to.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I haven't felt much need to join in the episode discussion (I'm sure there's good stuff there but there's so much!) but I was hooked from the start and I've been loving every minute. It feels very catered to my tastes, more than I had any right to expect. I have to say the response has been really heartening: this summer wouldn't have been any less of a blast even if it'd been panned FWWM-style, but the critical plaudits and - more significantly - 87% approval rating among true hardcore fans is so great to see.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

I'd probably rate the first half of the show 6.5/10, which I guess would fit the second option most accurately. I find it dissapointing that new season is leaving me so indifferent. Prior to its start I expected, I would be obssessed with new episodes, making multiple rewatches and spending hours on TP forums, but so far I haven't felt the need to do so. Hopefully the second half will be better .
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

I thought episode 9 was a bit underwhelming, but the first half of this season was a fantastically wild ride. Episodes 1, 2, 7 and 8 all have masterpiece level. Really love the darker parts of this season.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Voting in this poll will automatically lock in a few hours. If you haven't voted, or if your opinion has changed one way or another, this will be your last chance to vote on parts 1-9.
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

Here Comes That Bob wrote:I'd probably rate the first half of the show 6.5/10, which I guess would fit the second option most accurately. I find it dissapointing that new season is leaving me so indifferent. Prior to its start I expected, I would be obssessed with new episodes, making multiple rewatches and spending hours on TP forums, but so far I haven't felt the need to do so. Hopefully the second half will be better .
Probably this looks like the closest to my opinion and feelings. So let's vote this one.

Things which totally worked for me are:
- Kyle McLachlan all the way
- the DougieCoop storyline with all accompanying characters
- Frank Truman

Things which totally didn't work for me are:
- evolution of the arm
- Andy and Lucy
- any subplots that come and go and then come back after goodness knows how many episodes

Looks like a 3-3 tie but I guess among things which work/don't work not so 'totally' I lean more towards liking and the Roadhouse endings seal it. let's go for the second half!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB