Episode 5 Character Parentage Poll (Spoilers)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Richard Horne is the biological son of :

Audrey Horne
61%
Ben Horne
10%
Jerry Horne
22%
Johnny Horne
6%
Other or 'He's adopted'
2%

Total votes: 109
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Re: Episode 5 Character Parentage Poll (Spoilers )

Post by BigEd »

Audrey Horne wrote:Stay tuned.

And maybe Richard was just showing the girls the dangers of smoking and approaching strangers in bars.
Dangers of smoking and approaching strangers in bars? Let's see. One of those can kill you in twenty, thirty or forty years. The other can kill you in a matter of hours. Not sure they belong in the same sentence...
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

You're right. I guess he wasn't really trying to help them at all then. He's bad news.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
KillerBOB
Roadhouse Member

Post by KillerBOB »

I'll eat crow if he turns out not to be the half-devil spawn of Audrey and EvilCoop.

I mean, he actually looks like he'd be her son.
Last edited by KillerBOB on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Re: Episode 5 Character Parentage Poll (Spoilers)

Post by Esselgee »

Wouldn't Audrey and Cooper likely have a dark haired child?
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

He's either Evil Coop and Audrey's monster spawn or the result of a messed-up liaison between Audrey and her brother Johnny! ;)
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Esselgee wrote:Wouldn't Audrey and Cooper likely have a dark haired child?
Good point!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

I don't get why people think Evil Coop and Audrey getting together has to have happened within a day of the finale while she's in a coma. Who knows if it even happened in Twin Peaks (if it happened at all)? Maybe she recovered and left town for a while and he tracked her down. I mean, there are plenty of other possibilities.

(And getting hung up on the age of the actor or how old he looks is pretty rich given that the original show featured 25-year-olds playing teenagers.)
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Or maybe the coma didn't last so long and he did visit after burning the station down?

If DoppelCoop seducing Audrey really is the origin of Richard Horne, and his evil is something that seeped in from the Black Lodge then I hope the Linda of this pair is a twin sister so Audrey can have a decent kid representative of her goodness and the duality of man as symbolized by the two Coopers. If not, let Richard be Jerry's and simply the product of terrible parenting.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

The Jumping Man wrote:I don't get why people think Evil Coop and Audrey getting together has to have happened within a day of the finale while she's in a coma. Who knows if it even happened in Twin Peaks (if it happened at all)? Maybe she recovered and left town for a while and he tracked her down. I mean, there are plenty of other possibilities.

(And getting hung up on the age of the actor or how old he looks is pretty rich given that the original show featured 25-year-olds playing teenagers.)
Thank you!!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Don't most people smoke cigarettes in a similar way? These comparison shots don't really establish much other than they both smoke.

We already know they're both Hornes, so the visual similarity isn't surprising.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I feel a bit conflicted. I can't see Richard being Ben or Jerry's kid, just because either of them having a kid at this point seems a bit narratively pointless. Revisiting TP and meeting the kids of the original teens just makes more sense. So I think he's Audrey's son. Which is already a bit sad regardless or who the Dad might be.

As for the Dad, I'd be 100% shocked if it was JJW. I just can't imagine Lynch and Frost using anything from the end of S2- especially since Lynch is so vocal about hating it. (They may be ignoring Annie as well). In addition, Audrey was likely seriously injured in the bank, would a potential pregnancy even survive?

As for Evil Coop being the Dad. At first I thought it made no sense- unless, as others have said, he raped her in a coma(!) But I guess anything could have happened in the 25 years. I think if this is the case though, that it had to have happened AFTER Evil Coop supposedly left Twin Peaks and vanished.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
LiAnn
Roadhouse Member

Post by LiAnn »

Esselgee wrote:Wouldn't Audrey and Cooper likely have a dark haired child?
Logically, yes. But this is the same show that had Dana Ashbrook play the biological son of Don S. Davis and Charlotte Stewart.
BMS242
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Episode 5 Character Parentage Poll (Spoilers)

Post by BMS242 »

Throwing crap against the wall here.

As someone who never even visited the original Spoiler thread and has avoided anything spoilerish, even I know that Audrey's screen time is likely limited (she tweeted something to that effect no?).

Now, I'll always feel that Audrey surviving the bank blast in TSHOTP was one of the potential retcons of the show that was offensive because it truly just defied reality (I got the impression that the blast was very much strong enough that there was no way she'd survive, even if Pete threw himself on her).

In that case, Mark and David must have had a very good reason to keep her alive in spite of such odds, particularly given what I'm assuming will be a small amount of screen time. My assumption would be that it would have to be some sort of revelation/confession about Cooper.

What that is, who knows? However, I think Dopplecoop "visiting" her at some point in the couple of years after the bank blast and fathering her child would certainly make for an uncomfortable confession scene from her. That fact that he subsequently disappeared would also explain why Richard just picked up the Horne moniker rather than the father's.

Anyway, I'm sure Frost and Lynch will throw us a curveball and this will be wrong (since it's being discussed so early in the game), but it seems like the only potentially shocking theory to me at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

She was never, ever intended to die in that blast. Not in '91, not today.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Audrey was always going to survive the bank explosion. Had the show been renewed for a third season in 1991, Audrey would have survived. Fenn was told personally there was never a plan to actually kill Audrey. They even tossed around the idea of having her pregnant in (the original 91) S3.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/