Mega Cooper Spoiler....hope I'm Wrong

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mstevensmcs

Mega Cooper Spoiler....hope I'm Wrong

Post by mstevensmcs »

While re-watching the "Teaser" trailers which feature footage of Cooper we haven't seen yet (at least in parts 1-5)....it suddenly hit me...what if BadCoop is released from Yankton and returns to active duty as what FBI thinks is the real Cooper?....the downturned mouth is what got me....the story arc would be drastically altered away from "DougieCoop"....and we'd need to be prepared to lose some of our favorite good guys....yikes
bad coop 2.jpeg
bad coop 2.jpeg (21.47 KiB) Viewed 13863 times
bad coop 1.jpeg
bad coop 1.jpeg (13.41 KiB) Viewed 13863 times
AJPRR2GO
Roadhouse Member

Re: Mega Cooper Spoiler....hope I'm Wrong

Post by AJPRR2GO »

I can't see them allowing him in to active duty, knowing full well that his fingerprints are the wrong way around. I cannot imagine a scenario that he can create that explains such a thing?
I do see your point, though. Maybe they let him back in to the FBI as a way to trap him and put him back in the lodge? But then Gerrard did say one of them has to die, not go back in, so I don't know.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

His eyes don't look quite dark enough in those screencaps. Also, evil Coop has rougher & more beat-up skin
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

Well... the American Girl did say "When you get there, you will already be there," possibly implying that the doppleganger will arrive in Twin Peaks before Cooper does. Whether he'll get a haircut in the meantime is anyone's guess. I think the Coop in those screenshots is the Good Dale, however I'm undecided regarding the clip of Cooper driving from the trailers.
mstevensmcs

Post by mstevensmcs »

[quote="AJPRR2GO"]I can't see them allowing him in to active duty, knowing full well that his fingerprints are the wrong way around. I cannot imagine a scenario that he can create that explains such a thing?
I do see your point, though. Maybe they let him back in to the FBI as a way to trap him and put him back in the lodge? But then Gerrard did say one of them has to die, not go back in, so I don't know.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk[/q

I hope I've misread the situation. I take your point on trapping him....though he could also "arrange" his own release (and may have already done so through the phone) and then pass himself off as an agent....keeping one step ahead of Cole/Albert/Tamara, while difficult, wouldn't be impossible for a Billionaire with advanced tech at his disposal.....two more screen shots to ponder:

bad coop 4.jpeg
bad coop 4.jpeg (79.5 KiB) Viewed 13835 times
bad coop 3.jpeg
bad coop 3.jpeg (8.91 KiB) Viewed 13835 times
mstevensmcs

Post by mstevensmcs »

asmahan wrote:Well... the American Girl did say "When you get there, you will already be there," possibly implying that the doppleganger will arrive in Twin Peaks before Cooper does. Whether he'll get a haircut in the meantime is anyone's guess. I think the Coop in those screenshots is the Good Dale, however I'm undecided regarding the clip of Cooper driving from the trailers.

I hope you're right, and it is the "good" (although pretty depressed) Dale.....a preternaturally intelligent "escaped prisoner" billionaire successfully impersonating an FBI agent would wreak havoc, carnage, and eat up who knows how many episodes.... :?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

We've all seen the same shots. We have no way of knowing either way. I suspect it's the 'good' Cooper.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

I think that's the real Cooper. The skin and the eyes are different.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

I'm waiting for a scene where one of the Coops arrives at the TP sheriff's station only for another Coop to walk in moments later, causing Lucy to scream and faint.
Elric99
Roadhouse Member

Post by Elric99 »

Gabriel wrote:I'm waiting for a scene where one of the Coops arrives at the TP sheriff's station only for another Coop to walk in moments later, causing Lucy to scream and faint.
LOL, yeah that would be hilarious. I'm hoping there could be even more "dual Coop" scenes, perhaps spread over more than one episode, and that Lynch/Frost really have some lengthy fun with it. I hope it isn't resolved/handled in just one scene, or even worse - resolved somehow without the two of them ever meeting in person.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Dual Coop scenes ftw! I already liked the lodge ones in the old Peaks. :)

And in those pics you posted - I believe apart from the frowny mouth, it's still the "good" Cooper - at least he doesn't wear those black contact lenses that KM talked about (being part of Evil Coop's makeup) in an interview, therefore... but I could be wrong after all.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

My take is that is not BOBcooper BUT good Cooper as everyone else seems to think BUT: not the same Cooper. I'm wondering if the Coop we know is long gone and him being reborn is like, he was really reborn. A new Cooper carrying on where the old left off. He's still Cooper but not. That'd be a cool thing to play around with imo. He has all the same memories, knows who he is, but at the same time is like a new person.
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Post by crazyscottishguy »

I have a hunch that the One Armed Man will somehow snap Cooper out of his drool mode.

The small onset clip that leaked in October 2015 shows someone guiding Cooper to a certain location sort of a memory refresher of what happened 25 years ago.

There also some paparazzi pics of Good Cooper together with 2 tough guys in another location (Nevada), so i guess it might take another 5-6 episodes before he returns to his old self.

I feel that Cooper returning to TP will take place towards the last 1/3 of the feature.
mstevensmcs

Post by mstevensmcs »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:My take is that is not BOBcooper BUT good Cooper as everyone else seems to think BUT: not the same Cooper. I'm wondering if the Coop we know is long gone and him being reborn is like, he was really reborn. A new Cooper carrying on where the old left off. He's still Cooper but not. That'd be a cool thing to play around with imo. He has all the same memories, knows who he is, but at the same time is like a new person.

That sounds a lot more plausible. I really do hope I'm wrong about this-given the show's current pace, a "renegade FBI imposter/bad coop" subplot could chew up a lot of scenery..... :(
Leacock
Roadhouse Member

Post by Leacock »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:My take is that is not BOBcooper BUT good Cooper as everyone else seems to think BUT: not the same Cooper. I'm wondering if the Coop we know is long gone and him being reborn is like, he was really reborn. A new Cooper carrying on where the old left off. He's still Cooper but not. That'd be a cool thing to play around with imo. He has all the same memories, knows who he is, but at the same time is like a new person.
That is how I am expecting it to be concluded, Dougie isn't whole, that is what is wrong with him. In order to make himself whole he needs to merge with his dark side and integrate those two halves of his personality. It is clear he was really repressing his darker side before and he may not be able to do so quite as much now.