General Discussion on Season 3 (All Opinions Welcome)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Post by N. Needleman »

Like John Thorne's Deer Meadow dream, it's a great and interesting theory but not what I subscribe to at all re: Season 3.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Just started reading Mark Frost's "The Six Messiah" from 1995. Despite having read and enjoyed "The List of 7" (and its connections to the "Twin Peaks" mythology) I somehow never got around to its sequel. This passage makes it seem as if there could be some "The Return" clues to find in this book. Also this is in a section of the book which rapidly changes scenarios from the expected Victorian age England (of the first novel) to unexpected places like a cross atlantic boat, Bute Montana, Chicago, a possibly mystical realm etc. What I mean by that is that it also seems structurally there are some parallels between this book and the first half of "The Return".
Attachments
frost.jpg
frost.jpg (318.24 KiB) Viewed 9597 times
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Interesting! Mark has repeatedly said that he wanted the new season to unfold like a novel, and also that he was the one who really pushed to expand the world beyond TP (whereas DKL has always said he loves “neighborhood stories”). I think most of us attributed the “dreamer” stuff to DKL, due to the Upanishads passage, but Mark can be a surprising guy.

I still need to get around to reading Mark’s books. I promised my girlfriend I’d read Brandon Sanderson’s Oathbringer after I finish Room to Dream, so my next several months of reading time are unfortunately booked up.
Poiuyt
Roadhouse Member

Post by Poiuyt »

Jerry Horne wrote:I'm not sure if this article has been mentioned yet, but there is some good stuff here. I think John Thorne is interviewing the author for the next issue of Blue Rose Magazine:

http://politicsslashletters.org/dreamer ... ks-return/
From the episode 8 Log Lady introduction:

"In a dream, are all the characters really you? Different aspects of you? Do answers come in dreams?"

Hmm...
NewtoTwinPeaks
Roadhouse Member

Post by NewtoTwinPeaks »

Random thought but I really wish they had some stuff on the Bookhouse Boys in the new season. It was a part of the older season that I thought was one of the most interesting.
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

NewtoTwinPeaks wrote:Random thought but I really wish they had some stuff on the Bookhouse Boys in the new season. It was a part of the older season that I thought was one of the most interesting.
If BOB and company only truly got summoned into the world during the nuke test, then I want to know more exactly about what "presence"s the Boys have been battling for several generations. TSHOTP also makes it clear that there have been sinister forces in the woods for centuries. So damn confusing! Hawk and company also seem to flip-flop repeatedly between knowing plenty about Glastonbury Grove and knowing next to nothing about it. Also, Blackfoot seems to have been retconned into Nez Perce. Mark and David really should have watched ALL of the original series a few times, rather than only (apparently) revisiting a few episodes. Mark seems to have probably revisited more than Lynch did... or just has a better memory!
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

kitty666cats wrote:
NewtoTwinPeaks wrote:Random thought but I really wish they had some stuff on the Bookhouse Boys in the new season. It was a part of the older season that I thought was one of the most interesting.
If BOB and company only truly got summoned into the world during the nuke test, then I want to know more exactly about what "presence"s the Boys have been battling for several generations. TSHOTP also makes it clear that there have been sinister forces in the woods for centuries. So damn confusing! Hawk and company also seem to flip-flop repeatedly between knowing plenty about Glastonbury Grove and knowing next to nothing about it. Also, Blackfoot seems to have been retconned into Nez Perce. Mark and David really should have watched ALL of the original series a few times, rather than only (apparently) revisiting a few episodes. Mark seems to have probably revisited more than Lynch did... or just has a better memory!
Actually TSHOTP is quite specific about that. The portals/gateways (ex. Glastonbury Grove) have been around for ages. What happened with the trinity test was that Parsons and friends summoned the goddess Babalon/Judy. A specific malevolent being. This disrupted the balance of things.
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

eyeboogers wrote:
kitty666cats wrote:
Actually TSHOTP is quite specific about that. The portals/gateways (ex. Glastonbury Grove) have been around for ages. What happened with the trinity test was that Parsons and friends summoned the goddess Babalon/Judy. A specific malevolent being. This disrupted the balance of things.
Aren't the Trinity test and Parsons' attempt to summon Babalon two very very different occurances? I have read TSHOTP and listened to the audiobook a few times. P sure his attempt to summon Babalon was just Parsons dicking aroudn in the desert with Hubbard, and then he met Marjorie Cameron not long after.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Parsons was conducting rocket fuel experiments, very different from Oppenheimer’s Trinity/Manhattan Project escapades that led to the nuking of entire populations in Japan. It is implied that Parsons is seeking a similar outcome to the birth of Judy in the Trinity test, though (creating an opening for an otherworldly female entity via a huge explosion science thought impossible), and it is also implied that his experiments in the desert give rise to the Roswell incident, two years after Trinity. Presumably he allowed a DIFFERENT being to enter the world (the one Douglas Milford sees in captivity).
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Most likely not TP related:
Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 12.33.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 12.33.48 PM.png (61.35 KiB) Viewed 8967 times
Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 1.03.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 1.03.28 PM.png (40.4 KiB) Viewed 8955 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Maybe Amy is getting her own Neflix series?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

She was also in a video game recently
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Jerry Horne wrote:Most likely not TP related:

Why would they be announcing any news at a Twin Peaks event which has nothing to do with Twin Peaks? WHAT THE HELL?! :shock: :shock: :lol:
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
jakemartinez
Roadhouse Member

Post by jakemartinez »

NormoftheAndes wrote:

Why would they be announcing any news at a Twin Peaks event which has nothing to do with Twin Peaks? WHAT THE HELL?! :shock: :shock: :lol:
Right? Seems kind of silly to think she would have news for something not related to the reason they’re all there.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Curious as to what makes you say that? Seeing this is at a TP panel and all...! But yeah, could be anything, for all we know she's pregnant or something. Still, Shiels playing Candie announcing another season in a sluggish and cryptic way would probably be the best thing that could ever happen.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."