General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

ryanmj1993
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:14 pm

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby ryanmj1993 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:44 pm

I find it really odd that a year after the show has aired Showtime are still pushing it. A panel at comic con among other things. Just seems odd to keep milking it if they’re indeed done.
User avatar
Jasper
Posts: 791
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 am

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby Jasper » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:28 pm

ryanmj1993 wrote:I find it really odd that a year after the show has aired Showtime are still pushing it. A panel at comic con among other things. Just seems odd to keep milking it if they’re indeed done.


Maybe they don't know whether or not it will continue, but because it might, they don't want it to fade from memory.

Another explanation, perhaps more likely, is that they want to keep broadcasting the prestige of Twin Peaks so as to attract other creators and subscribers, and of course to keep up interest in Twin Peaks home media and the not insignificant industry of official Twin Peaks merchandise. Showtime's CEO has commented on how unprecedented and lasting their merchandise sales have been with Twin Peaks.

There was also the push for Emmy nominations, and there continues to be at least some potential for Emmy wins.

In short, they've got every reason to keep Twin Peaks in the public eye, and the actors will always be game because they have fun and because it helps them to promote themselves.
User avatar
krishnanspace
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 am

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby krishnanspace » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Maybe 2020 since it marks the 30th anniversary of Twin peaks
User avatar
Pinky
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:21 am

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby Pinky » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:17 am

Jasper wrote:
ryanmj1993 wrote:I find it really odd that a year after the show has aired Showtime are still pushing it. A panel at comic con among other things. Just seems odd to keep milking it if they’re indeed done.


Maybe they don't know whether or not it will continue, but because it might, they don't want it to fade from memory.

Another explanation, perhaps more likely, is that they want to keep broadcasting the prestige of Twin Peaks so as to attract other creators and subscribers, and of course to keep up interest in Twin Peaks home media and the not insignificant industry of official Twin Peaks merchandise. Showtime's CEO has commented on how unprecedented and lasting their merchandise sales have been with Twin Peaks.

There was also the push for Emmy nominations, and there continues to be at least some potential for Emmy wins.

In short, they've got every reason to keep Twin Peaks in the public eye, and the actors will always be game because they have fun and because it helps them to promote themselves.


are they contracted to do it? Does x months of publicity after the fact get included when they sign up, or is it optional and basically for some expenses-paid laughs?
User avatar
NormoftheAndes
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:00 am

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby NormoftheAndes » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:13 pm

The comic-con appearances can't be contractual. I suppose they choose to appear.
User avatar
mtwentz
Posts: 1612
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby mtwentz » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:56 pm

NormoftheAndes wrote:The comic-con appearances can't be contractual. I suppose they choose to appear.


I wouldn't think they would need to be contractual, it's a good money making opportunity for those who choose to appear (from what I understand).
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
Terence
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:13 am

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby Terence » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:28 am

I think the buzz around the show & the attention that is still going on with stuff coming out about it at Comic-Con panels & more panels that are happening In Austraila.
Even though the new season ended in September last year i reckon the things will start to quite down sometime after the Emmy awards In September.

Or going into next year even more so if we still have not heard anything about a season 4 happening yet or at all?
Is when i think we will be hearing less about Twin Peaks from most places.
The buzz & excitement of it all will be gone the actors will be moving on to other projects of course.

So whatever happens in these next few months or nothing at all concerning news about Twin Peaks we might as well enjoy it.
User avatar
Mr. Strawberry
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Nevada City, CA
Contact:

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby Mr. Strawberry » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:51 am

Terence wrote:I think the buzz around the show & the attention that is still going on with stuff coming out about it at Comic-Con panels & more panels that are happening In Austraila.
Even though the new season ended in September last year i reckon the things will start to quite down sometime after the Emmy awards In September.

Or going into next year even more so if we still have not heard anything about a season 4 happening yet or at all?
Is when i think we will be hearing less about Twin Peaks from most places.
The buzz & excitement of it all will be gone the actors will be moving on to other projects of course.

So whatever happens in these next few months or nothing at all concerning news about Twin Peaks we might as well enjoy it.

The buzz and excitement is far from over. After an entire year, I am still enthralled by Twin Peaks, still digesting everything and processing the many layers. Most shows are slick but shallow. You consume them, experience a brief satisfaction, then they are quickly forgotten, having left no real impression and having provided little to no food for thought.

Twin Peaks is a world apart from such productions. It's not just entertainment, it's art. What I've learned from art is that it can be revisited many times over, often providing a different experience each time, depending on where the viewer is currently situated in life, emotionally and so on.

Also, moving on to other projects does not mean that the cast and crew will lose their love or enthusiasm for Twin Peaks, as has already been demonstrated over the past few decades.
Not taking any calls.
PeaksCarnivaleLost
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:00 am

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby PeaksCarnivaleLost » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:08 am

Mr. Strawberry wrote:
The buzz and excitement is far from over. After an entire year, I am still enthralled by Twin Peaks, still digesting everything and processing the many layers. Most shows are slick but shallow. You consume them, experience a brief satisfaction, then they are quickly forgotten, having left no real impression and having provided little to no food for thought.


I agree with this thought 100%. Not to pick on Westworld (or worse, spoil it) but after the Season Finale there wasn't the desire to go back and continue to parse the material for thoughts, clues, ideas, themes like TP:TR.

I can't even begin to count how many times i have re-watched these episodes. I fall asleep to SHO-Anytime on my tablet -- it just queues up the next ep and runs through my dreams when i fall asleep. Affects them as well i believe.

Only ep i can't sleep through is 11 -- cause that lady in the car wakes me up every time. (actually the car horn does it)

Actually the length of the show/movie helps the re-watch because it'll be a week or so before i get around to that ep again -- and it always seems fresh.
Terence
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:13 am

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby Terence » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:32 pm

Mr. Strawberry wrote:
Terence wrote:I think the buzz around the show & the attention that is still going on with stuff coming out about it at Comic-Con panels & more panels that are happening In Austraila.
Even though the new season ended in September last year i reckon the things will start to quite down sometime after the Emmy awards In September.

Or going into next year even more so if we still have not heard anything about a season 4 happening yet or at all?
Is when i think we will be hearing less about Twin Peaks from most places.
The buzz & excitement of it all will be gone the actors will be moving on to other projects of course.

So whatever happens in these next few months or nothing at all concerning news about Twin Peaks we might as well enjoy it.

The buzz and excitement is far from over. After an entire year, I am still enthralled by Twin Peaks, still digesting everything and processing the many layers. Most shows are slick but shallow. You consume them, experience a brief satisfaction, then they are quickly forgotten, having left no real impression and having provided little to no food for thought.

Twin Peaks is a world apart from such productions. It's not just entertainment, it's art. What I've learned from art is that it can be revisited many times over, often providing a different experience each time, depending on where the viewer is currently situated in life, emotionally and so on.

Also, moving on to other projects does not mean that the cast and crew will lose their love or enthusiasm for Twin Peaks, as has already been demonstrated over the past few decades.



Well i mean going into next year we will be hearing less about the show from the people that made it.

Theres hardly going be Comic Con panels next year if no new season is announced.

But of course this show will always be talked about by the fans of it compared to most shows of course.
With the Blue Rose magazine also been released every few months.

Of course if a new season 4 is announced that would be even better again..
User avatar
Mr. Strawberry
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Nevada City, CA
Contact:

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby Mr. Strawberry » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:52 pm

Terence wrote:Well i mean going into next year we will be hearing less about the show from the people that made it.

Theres hardly going be Comic Con panels next year if no new season is announced.

But of course this show will always be talked about by the fans of it compared to most shows of course.
With the Blue Rose magazine also been released every few months.

Of course if a new season 4 is announced that would be even better again..

Well, I want more Twin Peaks as much as you do, but even without a Season 4 there are many other things that could still be in the works.
Not taking any calls.
Terence
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:13 am

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby Terence » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Mr. Strawberry wrote:
Terence wrote:Well i mean going into next year we will be hearing less about the show from the people that made it.

Theres hardly going be Comic Con panels next year if no new season is announced.

But of course this show will always be talked about by the fans of it compared to most shows of course.
With the Blue Rose magazine also been released every few months.

Of course if a new season 4 is announced that would be even better again..

Well, I want more Twin Peaks as much as you do, but even without a Season 4 there are many other things that could still be in the works.


What other things do you think could be in the works besides a season 4 though?
User avatar
Mr. Strawberry
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Nevada City, CA
Contact:

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby Mr. Strawberry » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:26 pm

Terence wrote:What other things do you think could be in the works besides a season 4 though?

Heck, they could be working on any number of things -- a video game, another film, or even a related show featuring a protagonist other than Cooper. Mulholland Drive originated as a story about Audrey so anything is possible.
Not taking any calls.
baxter
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby baxter » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:07 pm

I do find myself wondering more and more where Season 4 could go. We could see them trying to hunt for Cooper, but would yet another series where they try and find a lost Cooper be satisfying? Maybe I'm simply making peace with the ending- it hints at more story to come, but I'm not desperate to see it. I've also realised, to my surprise actually, that if the series had ended simply with the green glove fight (then, say, a scene of Cooper eating cherry pie and drinking coffee in the double R), that wouldn't have been as satisfying as the ending we got.

Then again, I predicted practically nothing of what happened in S3 in advance, and loved it. So I have assume a S4 would be awesome. But even if it is announced, it's not clear that everyone involved will stay healthy if it takes years to make.
baxter
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby baxter » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:08 pm

Who am I kidding - of course I want a S4!!!

Return to “Season 3 (2017) The Return (Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests