General Discussion on Season 3 (All Opinions Welcome)

Moderators: BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie

TwinsPeak

Re: General Discussion on Season 3 (All Opinions Welcome)

Postby TwinsPeak » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:55 am

TwinsPeak wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
TwinsPeak wrote: I like Lynch's weather updates but I would prefer some new Peaks.

Speaking of unresolved mysteries, what is up with those tinted glasses!

LOL... he's got to wear those glasses from smoke and golden sunshine glare, its fun being able to see into Lynch's home Workshop/Hotbox room. And his thoughts ofcourse. I'm lovin his youtube channel.

Especially the Checking Stick episode.
Metalane

Postby Metalane » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:27 am

Hello everybody! I've been lurking on here for the past month or so and I finally decided to join. I'm just a massive David Lynch/TP fan. I don't know if an introduction like this is normal (I don't use forums like these very often).
Metalane

Postby Metalane » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:49 am

AXX°N N. wrote:I always took that in that way, yeah. The maddeningly long scenes of him doing what we perceive at the time as nonsensical doodling then turning out to contain deeper meaning feels like some kind of near-satire of himself, even.

Interesting perspective, haven't thought of that before. I absolutely love the doodling scene because it (to me at least) seems to express and invoke a sense of "child-like wonder", if you know what I mean. Children (and adults) love doodling, and it invites the creative part of the mind to come out and play. It's also very meditative, which you could say about the show in general.

I just love The Return, I could talk about it for hours on end any day haha.
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:35 am

Metalane wrote:Hello everybody! I've been lurking on here for the past month or so and I finally decided to join. I'm just a massive David Lynch/TP fan. I don't know if an introduction like this is normal (I don't use forums like these very often).

Welcome! We don’t get many new members these days. Feel free to go to town posting. Always good to see a fresh “face.”
430_chalfonts

Postby 430_chalfonts » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:43 pm

I'm new here, too. :) I'll definitely be jumping into some threads soon.

Return to “Season 3 (2017) The Return”