Halftime Poll: Favorite Part So Far

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What is your favorite part of Twin Peaks So far?

Part 1
1%
Part 2
3%
Part 3
8%
Part 4
5%
Part 5
3%
Part 6
3%
Part 7
20%
Part 8
56%

Total votes: 121
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Re: Halftime Poll: Favorite Part So Far

Post by yaxomoxay »

In order of preferencer: 8, 3, 7, 4, 1, 2, 6, 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PeteMartell

Post by PeteMartell »

Sparkwood/21 wrote:1. 8
2. 7
3. 4
4. Tie with the rest. Loved them all.
100% agree
Nikki Grace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Nikki Grace »

Part 8, which is as far as I'm concerned the finest television ever seen, and something frankly I doubted was even feasible. It's also a beautiful, thorough, stylistically unprecedented exploration of the mythology of Twin Peaks - this is where I felt the most extreme unification of Lynch as a director and Frost as a writer.

I wonder if anything will eclipse it? The finale, perhaps?

My other favourites would be episode 3/4 (joined) and 5. But I enjoy all, even if I think some have slight problems - and not that the original show didn't have slight problems either. I think we are headed towards something very special, however, and dare I say beyond what the original achieved.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

So far 8 is the only episode in The Return I'd be comfortable putting in the conversation as greatest Twin Peaks episode ever, where episode 14 is the bar. I have to let it sit a while, and can probably only really feel comfortable making a declaration like that when it's all over and I have a chance to evaluate the whole thing.

But hell I'll give a ranking which is temporary at best: 8, 7, 3, 1, 2, 5, 4, 6.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Nikki Grace wrote:Part 8, which is as far as I'm concerned the finest television ever seen, and something frankly I doubted was even feasible. It's also a beautiful, thorough, stylistically unprecedented exploration of the mythology of Twin Peaks - this is where I felt the most extreme unification of Lynch as a director and Frost as a writer.

I wonder if anything will eclipse it? The finale, perhaps?

My other favourites would be episode 3/4 (joined) and 5. But I enjoy all, even if I think some have slight problems - and not that the original show didn't have slight problems either. I think we are headed towards something very special, however, and dare I say beyond what the original achieved.
I am hoping this is not the last of the total balls out IE/Eraserhead Lynch, but how much of a budget could they have had for this kind of cinema quality stuff?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Doesn't the show need to end in the kind of metaphysical space we've seen in episodes 29, S3-3, and S3-8?

This stuff probably can't be solved in the real world.

So I think yes, we will return to such spaces.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Even though I "liked" Part 8 the most, it was more of an interlude to me than anything. The show is likely going back to the problems it has had all along. Considering that, I'd have to say that Part 2 was the best. Aside from Part 8, the show has gone downhill hour to hour since Part 2.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Episode 7. I've loved every episode but 7 was my favorite in terms of how it fit in with the original series. Watching so many elements from the old mythology like Annie, Major Briggs, Laura's diary, and Diane resurface was an absolute joy to watch. I also loved watching Dougie Coop's instincts as an FBI start to kick back in and Ashley Judd's scene at the Great Northern was just brilliant. :D
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Cipher
RR Diner Member

Post by Cipher »

While episode 8 is my single favorite hour in the series, including the original run, and likely my third favorite thing Lynch has ever done as a standalone piece, I do want to give a shoutout to episode 6, which was my favorite until last week. Almost nothing happens in it, but watching Dougie slowly work his way through his case files was incredibly moving (I know people have called it boring, but god, just sit with it and let that feeling of discovery wash over you), as was the scene with the mother and child. That was a chilling week, and it was the one of the more emotional hours of the entire series for me until 8 popped up.

8, 6, 3 and 1 have been my favorites so far, and after that they all blur together. There hasn't been a week I haven't enjoyed though. Those are just the highlights.
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

Episode 8 was just a homerun for me. Lynch has outdone himself. Runner-up is episode 7 which also ranks very high in the overall Twin Peaks pantheon. Episode 1 and 2 were also fantastic. Gosh, what a season it was up to this point.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

I also voted for Part 8 which is my favorite part so far then 7, 3 and 5 and after that it's hard to tell for me right now.
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

I voted for part 8, with part 7 a close second. I don't care if part 8 took us into territory that is kind of alien to me - it was just beautifully done. Part 7 is the most classic TP-ish of the season so far.
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

I still think 3. On a first watch, it was really the Dougie bit when Cooper came out of the plug socket that sold me on the whole thing being top tier.

8 would be next, but its pretty close.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

I'm digging the overwhelming response to episode 8. That really was a fantastic ride. With 10 episodes left. I hope I will have my mind blown away like that again a few more times.
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

The Brown Lodge wrote:I still think 3. On a first watch, it was really the Dougie bit when Cooper came out of the plug socket that sold me on the whole thing being top tier.

8 would be next, but its pretty close.
It's really interesting how we view things differently. I think if we ask everybody to name their favourite 5-10 scenes, we probably wouldn't get two identical answers. For me, part 3 was absolutely brilliant in that first 15 minutes - until Coop goes through the socket. That is the moment where the rest of episode goes awry - for me.