Discussion of the "Titles" (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Discussion of the "Titles" (SPOILERS)

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mr. Jackpots wrote:I think Lynch wrote those descriptions himself.

Can you tell us the other descriptions?
That seems unlikely. If DKL personally wrote descriptions, Showtime would be using them. And the one description I was making fun of is inaccurate: Dougie wasn't a realtor; he was an insurance claims investigator. Sort of the opposite of a realtor: he didn't get involved with houses until they burned down.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

When Dougie first appeared, I thought he was supposed to be a realtor. Isn't that why he had access to basically an empty house? I thought it might also explain his multi-colored jackets (flashy realtor). What's the deal here?
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Esselgee wrote:When Dougie first appeared, I thought he was supposed to be a realtor. Isn't that why he had access to basically an empty house? I thought it might also explain his multi-colored jackets (flashy realtor). What's the deal here?
Jade had the key. Someone suggested she's a realtor having trouble since the housing bubble burst, so she became a sex worker to make ends meet. It makes sense to me.
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

I will try to transcribe them tonight. It will take a little work. They are kind of interesting.

And I think whoever wrote those did confuse Dougie as a realtor. In the USA, his jacket looks a lot like the Century 21 jackets their realtors have to wear.
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

wxray wrote:Part 1 says: "In the Black Lodge, the Giant tells Cooper to listen to the sounds." What? Black Lodge? Whatever.
The German episode descriptions on Sky made a similar mistake. One sentence in the description for Part 14 is like this:

"In Twin Peaks, the sheriffs are searching for the mysterious Jack Rabbit's Palace, where the gateway to the Black Lodge is supposed to be."

Black Lodge? Sheriffs? I didn't notice that Harry accompanied Frank to Jack's Rabbit's Palace or maybe Bobby, Andy and Hawk suddenly become sheriffs as well? :D And the descriptions are usually very spoilery and tell you some of the surprises that will happen in the episodes. My favourite description was something from Part 12:

"Meanwhile, the problems surrounding her criminal son bring Audrey Horne to the scene."

What? Firstly, Audrey's appearance in the episode had nothing to do with Richard, secondly we didn't even know at the time if he really was her son, so this was either a spoiler or an assumption by whoever wrote the description, and thirdly why even spoil the surprise that Audrey will appear in this episode? And the preview picture for the stream is a picture of Audrey, so that everyone who is intelligent enough not to read the description before watching the episode, is spoiled anyway :roll:
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Here are the exact descriptions on U-Verse. Yes, it says realtor. Yes, it says Raven Davenport. No typo. I had a friend who did movie summaries for a TV station when she was an intern. This looks like intern work to me.

Part1:
In the Black Lodge, the Giant tells Cooper to listen to the sounds; a truck delivers shovels at Dr. Jacoby's house; Ben Horne talks to his assistant.

Part2:
Bill's wife visits him in his holding cell; Laura kisses Cooper; Doppelganger Cooper chokes Jack; in the Black Lodge, Leland tells Cooper to search for Laura

Part3:
A woman guides Cooper up a ladder; Cooper loses control of his body and flips his car; a realtor enjoys his time with a sex worker.

Part4:
Bill helps Dougie find his house; Cole has a meeting with Denise; in South Dakota, Gordon and his crew meet with Evil Cooper at a maximum prison facility.

Part5:
Constance Talbot spends time with a headless body in a examination room; Mike Nelson criticizes the resume of a young troublemaker.

Part6:
Deputy Hawk investigates the disappearance of Agent Dale Cooper; Red meets Richard Horne for a drug deal; a hit-and-run incident occurs.

Part7:
Warren Frost reprises his duties as Doc Hayward; the body found at Raven Davenport's murder scene appears to be Major Garland Briggs.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Mr. Jackpots wrote:I think Lynch wrote those descriptions himself.

Can you tell us the other descriptions?
That seems unlikely. If DKL personally wrote descriptions, Showtime would be using them. And the one description I was making fun of is inaccurate: Dougie wasn't a realtor; he was an insurance claims investigator. Sort of the opposite of a realtor: he didn't get involved with houses until they burned down.
Nope. I'm pretty sure he wrote them. I'm pretty sure they are "clues".
whoisalhedges
RR Diner Member

Post by whoisalhedges »

Coming this Christmas

Vin Diesel in...

MAXIMUM PRISON FACILITY

Rated PG-13
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

whoisalhedges wrote:Coming this Christmas

Vin Diesel in...

MAXIMUM PRISON FACILITY

Rated PG-13
:lol: :lol:

Maybe Cooper can help him climb a ladder during the escape scene.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

wxray wrote:Here are the exact descriptions on U-Verse. Yes, it says realtor. Yes, it says Raven Davenport. No typo. I had a friend who did movie summaries for a TV station when she was an intern. This looks like intern work to me.

Part1:
In the Black Lodge, the Giant tells Cooper to listen to the sounds; a truck delivers shovels at Dr. Jacoby's house; Ben Horne talks to his assistant.

Part2:
Bill's wife visits him in his holding cell; Laura kisses Cooper; Doppelganger Cooper chokes Jack; in the Black Lodge, Leland tells Cooper to search for Laura

Part3:
A woman guides Cooper up a ladder; Cooper loses control of his body and flips his car; a realtor enjoys his time with a sex worker.

Part4:
Bill helps Dougie find his house; Cole has a meeting with Denise; in South Dakota, Gordon and his crew meet with Evil Cooper at a maximum prison facility.

Part5:
Constance Talbot spends time with a headless body in a examination room; Mike Nelson criticizes the resume of a young troublemaker.

Part6:
Deputy Hawk investigates the disappearance of Agent Dale Cooper; Red meets Richard Horne for a drug deal; a hit-and-run incident occurs.

Part7:
Warren Frost reprises his duties as Doc Hayward; the body found at Raven Davenport's murder scene appears to be Major Garland Briggs.
Lol. These are awesome. Not good awesome, but enjoyable nonetheless.

It's funny that they look like either the work of an intern, or of a guy who might describe Mulholland Drive as "a love story in the city of dreams".
Spoiler:
Yes, I know. It's probably an intern.
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

garethw wrote:
wxray wrote:Here are the exact descriptions on U-Verse. Yes, it says realtor. Yes, it says Raven Davenport. No typo. I had a friend who did movie summaries for a TV station when she was an intern. This looks like intern work to me.

Part1:

Part2:

Part3:

Part4:

Part5:

Part6:

Part7:

It's funny that they look like either the work of an intern, or of a guy who might describe Mulholland Drive as "a love story in the city of dreams".
Spoiler:
ok, but mulholland drive is that exactly
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

tresojos wrote:
garethw wrote:

Part1:

Part2:

Part3:

Part4:

Part5:

Part6:

Part7:

Spoiler:
ok, but mulholland drive is that exactly
On some level, yes. As are those synopses, which is kind of my point.