When do you think will "Dougie" snap back to being Cooper? (Spoilers)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BigEd
RR Diner Member

Re: When do you think will "Dougie" snap back to being Cooper? (Spoilers)

Post by BigEd »

boske wrote:We have waited 25 years just to be trolled with Dougie, pay premium cable and get up at 3 am in Europe to watch this? So yes, I will be considering it all as a bad investment of my time and move on. I am no longer expecting anything from the Dougie story line so I no longer feel trolled either.
Don't you have DVRs in Europe?
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

BigEd wrote:
boske wrote:We have waited 25 years just to be trolled with Dougie, pay premium cable and get up at 3 am in Europe to watch this? So yes, I will be considering it all as a bad investment of my time and move on. I am no longer expecting anything from the Dougie story line so I no longer feel trolled either.
I do not have one myself, and even if I did, I'd still watch it when it airs in U.S. :wink:
Terence
Roadhouse Member

Post by Terence »

I personally think this has to be one of the worst decisions to do this to your main character to a returning TV show or film sequel that i have seen in my years of life especially when it comes to a continuation of TV show in this case with a well established & liked & loved character like Dale Cooper

For David Lynch & Mark Frost to decide on this & worse to keep it going for nearly 18 damn fucking hours of what could be the last ever we see of this show.

Like the lastest part 13 Cooper just walks & slams into a glass door seriously Lynch & Frost must enjoy this carry on seeing as how they made it happen to be on the screen

MIND BOGGLING to me but certainly not in the good way :roll: .
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

BigEd wrote:
Not as widespread as you might think... Neither do I have one.
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Terence wrote:I personally think this has to be one of the worst decisions to do this to your main character to a returning TV show or film sequel
Must've felt like a close family member contracted Alzheimer's or something.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Could Dougie be regressing further from the state he has been in? Hard to believe, right?

Well, we saw him efficiently tackle Ike the Spike (who did not trip himself as Mitchums had believed :lol:), and then 3-4 parts later he can't catch a slow baseball. Actually, he never even made an attempt to catch it. So is it a case of:
  1. Dougie is regressing;
  2. The sequence is out of order. :-)
  3. Nah, just sloppy writing!
  4. All of the above?
The only thing that comes to mind is that Ike should have tried repeatedly hitting him with a baseball to his head, that would have done it.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

boske wrote:Could Dougie be regressing further from the state he has been in? Hard to believe, right?

Well, we saw him efficiently tackle Ike the Spike (who did not trip himself as Mitchums had believed :lol:), and then 3-4 parts later he can't catch a slow baseball. Actually, he never even made an attempt to catch it. So is it a case of:
  1. Dougie is regressing;
  2. The sequence is out of order. :-)
  3. Nah, just sloppy writing!
  4. All of the above?
The only thing that comes to mind is that Ike should have tried repeatedly hitting him with a baseball to his head, that would have done it.
Well, prior to Ike Janey-E slapped him, and people were able to push him off the elevator, without him resisting. The difference in all of these AND the baseball is that Ike was a threat to his life and the lives of those around him. There was the electricity sound in the air when Ike approached, and I believe that it was implied Coop was hearing that just as he'd seen the lights to tell him to do other things. It was an intuitive flash that let him go into Full Cooper mode, and then fade down because nothing else needed that.

There have only been two other instances where someone has threatened Dougie with deadly force, when Rodney Mitchem drew a gun on him and the event in Ep 13. In both cases, a non-violent resolution was possible and happened due to something HE DID. He bought the pie, with TOAM's prompting. In 13 he was distracted by something that up until that point had never held interest to him, and it led to just the right action to defuse the situation.

Ike was special, because it was the only time when violence was the ONLY solution, and in that case he instantly knew how to handle things, and he did it all in a nonlethal manner.

What's going to be really interesting is Chantel and Hutch. I don't see any nonviolent way of dealing with them. And they have the added complication of being sent directly by the Doppelganger, who has the opposite effect on people Dougie-Coop does. If anything can counter this bubble of wonder and happiness created by Coop's presence, it would be direct agents from Doppelcoop.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Ragnell wrote: What's going to be really interesting is Chantel and Hutch. I don't see any nonviolent way of dealing with them. And they have the added complication of being sent directly by the Doppelganger, who has the opposite effect on people Dougie-Coop does. If anything can counter this bubble of wonder and happiness created by Coop's presence, it would be direct agents from Doppelcoop.
Yes, and that brings me to something I had thought of earlier: when will Chantal and Hutch find out how their last target looks like?

I hope it does not go like this:
C&H: Wow, you look like Mr C, what is your name?
D: Dougie, Dougie Jones;

C&H: Come on boss, are you working undercover?
D: Undercover.

C&H: Should we have some fun here and torture some people, or go to Wendy's?
D: Go to Wendy's.

C&H: Sure thing boss;
D: Boss.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

boske wrote:
Ragnell wrote: What's going to be really interesting is Chantel and Hutch. I don't see any nonviolent way of dealing with them. And they have the added complication of being sent directly by the Doppelganger, who has the opposite effect on people Dougie-Coop does. If anything can counter this bubble of wonder and happiness created by Coop's presence, it would be direct agents from Doppelcoop.
Yes, and that brings me to something I had thought of earlier: when will Chantal and Hutch find out how their last target looks like?

I hope it does not go like this:
C&H: Wow, you look like Mr C, what is your name?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though, if Mr. C did not tell them "I need you to kill my twin brother" I lose ALL faith in the intelligence of evil in this series.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

It just dawned on me that a shouting match between Chantal and Janey-E would have the same effect on the viewership as the arm wrestling scene did. Shock and horror. :D
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

boske wrote: C&H: Wow, you look like Mr C, what is your name?

Hahahaha!!!! You got me there, that's actually legit DougieCoop talk.
MysteryMan14
Roadhouse Member

Post by MysteryMan14 »

I dont know why you people so much hate a Dougie story. He's pure Dale Cooper I'd better say the core of him. The lovely, innocente man who brings the light to the others around him. The one who still can solve criminal cases and protect others people. Even if this is done in a clumsy way. He's Cooper without his flaws, dark desires and tragic experiences. We all want our old agent Dale Cooper who runs through Twin Peaks takes a bit of cherry pie and a sip of good damm coffe and who solves some crimes but we should give Dougie some respect which he deserves.
As we could see in an episode 11 Dougie really reacts to music. So I'd love to see him bringing back to the Roadhouse by someone where will be Julie Cruise on the stage and she starts singing 'The World spins' as it was in an episode 14.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

MysteryMan14 wrote:I dont know why you people so much hate a Dougie story. He's pure Dale Cooper I'd better say the core of him. The lovely, innocente man who brings the light to the others around him. The one who still can solve criminal cases and protect others people. Even if this is done in a clumsy way. He's Cooper without his flaws, dark desires and tragic experiences. We all want our old agent Dale Cooper who runs through Twin Peaks takes a bit of cherry pie and a sip of good damm coffe and who solves some crimes but we should give Dougie some respect which he deserves.
As we could see in an episode 11 Dougie really reacts to music. So I'd love to see him bringing back to the Roadhouse by someone where will be Julie Cruise on the stage and she starts singing 'The World spins' as it was in an episode 14.
Maybe Julee Cruise will be playing Vegas.
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Yesterday while cutting a tree down in the backyard, this started playing in my head:

"Mongoloid" by Devo
https://youtu.be/GZDl_R8Zp2E

All of a sudden I'm like, "Whoa! This is so Dougie!" Funny how things brew in the subconscious then come bubbling to the surface this way. Wouldn't surprise me if Lynch & Frost were inspired by this song.

Mongoloid, he was a mongoloid
Happier than you and me

And it determined what he could see

One chromosome too many

And it determined what he could see

And he wore a hat
And he had a job
And he brought home the bacon
So that no one knew

He was a mongoloid, mongoloid
His friends were unaware

Nobody even cared

So... what's the answer to "Are We Not Men?"
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

WE ARE DEVO!!!!!! <3

They rule. :)