When do you think will "Dougie" snap back to being Cooper? (Spoilers)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Re: When do you think will "Dougie" snap back to being Cooper? (Spoilers)

Post by Ragnell »

boske wrote:It is probably Laura. Could it be Candie though?

That whole restaurant scene has grown on me so much, I now find it mesmerizing, it is like a highlight of the season for me. It must be Angelo's music (it strikes the similar feelings/chords as Albinoni's Adagio), but there is more to it. If we ran a black and white filter on it, it'd be almost like the ??????? scenes. I have found that it gets a lot of folks emotional, it is not strictly Dougie, there is something intangible yet about Candie. And to know they filmed the scene without music is even more telling.
Yeah, Candie seems like she will do or say something important. If what Cooper needs is his shoes, maybe Candie enters the Lodge and gets them?
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

I think it will take the next two parts to wrap the Vegas story line up. Maybe we get to see 1-1-9 mom again? And we are due some Chad too. :-)
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Ragnell wrote:
boske wrote:It is probably Laura. Could it be Candie though?

That whole restaurant scene has grown on me so much, I now find it mesmerizing, it is like a highlight of the season for me. It must be Angelo's music (it strikes the similar feelings/chords as Albinoni's Adagio), but there is more to it. If we ran a black and white filter on it, it'd be almost like the ??????? scenes. I have found that it gets a lot of folks emotional, it is not strictly Dougie, there is something intangible yet about Candie. And to know they filmed the scene without music is even more telling.
Yeah, Candie seems like she will do or say something important. If what Cooper needs is his shoes, maybe Candie enters the Lodge and gets them?
There are always three of them, Candie, Mandie, Sandie, right? They must be somehow, on some level, representing three fairies, if we follow the Sleeping Beauty fable here. So they will facilitate Cooper's awakening as much as they can, but it must be somebody else that wakes him up (Laura, Audrey, Annie).

Interestingly, the restaurant scene also features three waitresses. This is no accident either.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Re: When do you think will

Post by Venus »

yaxomoxay wrote:
LostInTheMovies wrote:Well, folks, this is it, get ready - clearly that baseball woke Cooper up! :twisted:
True!
Venus I am not paying any beer ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So will he wake up this week? As always, I say no (based on the previous week). What will be the bet this week? We need to raise the stakes!
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Venus wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:
LostInTheMovies wrote:Well, folks, this is it, get ready - clearly that baseball woke Cooper up! :twisted:
True!

So will he wake up this week? As always, I say no (based on the previous week). What will be the bet this week? We need to raise the stakes!
He will wake up (or at least the clear beginning of him waking up) will be this week.
You say stakes, I say steaks. T-Bone Steak dinner, plus good red wine.

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Venus wrote:So will he wake up this week? As always, I say no (based on the previous week). What will be the bet this week? We need to raise the stakes!
I doubt it, unless it’s at the very end.

A friendship has been established with the Mitchum brothers. We know that Coop is in danger from a number of people. His good fortune has brought him allies, and it’s likely that he’ll need their help. If he was fully conscious, he could protect himself by going into hiding or whatever. Though they intercepted something vague about Vegas, the FBI hasn’t gotten any word yet about the real Coop (though we assume they will, due to the fingerprints taken from the mug), so they won’t be there to help him (unless they get word and get there very quickly, in the same episo- er, part). I don’t see anything that would permanently awaken Cooper before he speaks to Gordon and company, and I’m not even convinced that this would do it. They could probably get him part way by, but I think that Coop’s missing something profound, and it will take the lodge and/or Laura to fix it. (Whatever Cooper's missing might be symbolically represented by the shoes/pin, and/or by the gold Dougie sphere.)
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

yaxomoxay wrote:
Venus wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:
True!

He will wake up (or at least the clear beginning of him waking up) will be this week.

Ok. Happy to stump up for a steak dinner for you with good red wine if correct!
Spoiler:
Considering the title of the last episode is 'What is your name?' I have a horrible feeling that that will be the penultimate line spoken in the series and the answer will be, 'FBI Agent Dale Cooper'. Fade out....
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

The Gazebo wrote:I don't know if this has been discussed before, but could Cooper's mental state actually be an advantage in a new Lodge visit? I mean, the last time he had imperfect courage. Too much thinking and fear.
Now, take a look at how he reacts when Mitchum points the gun at him. Nothing. The attack from Ike the spike. Calm and efficient. "You're lying". Complete disregard for potential fallout.

Is there a chance that EvilCoop can be overcome inside the Lodge simply by turning up in this frame of mind? Maybe a stretch, but who knows.
Totally plausible. I discussed the possibility here:
http://dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 126#p96126

At the same time one could argue that this doesn't seem like perfect courage as much as a complete lack of fear, due to not realizing the surrounding level of danger. If that really is the case, it wouldn't "count" would it?
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

Mr. Strawberry wrote:Totally plausible. I discussed the possibility here:

At the same time one could argue that this doesn't seem like perfect courage as much as a complete lack of fear, due to not realizing the surrounding level of danger. If that really is the case, it wouldn't "count" would it?
Yeah, that's right. Then again, "perfect courage" is a bit difficult to define. I chalk it down as a Hawkian, native phrase which might equal lack of fear.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

The Gazebo wrote:
Mr. Strawberry wrote:Totally plausible. I discussed the possibility here:

Yeah, that's right. Then again, "perfect courage" is a bit difficult to define. I chalk it down as a Hawkian, native phrase which might equal lack of fear.
Hawk does say "Cooper, you may be fearless in this world, but there are other worlds."
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

Jasper wrote:Hawk does say "Cooper, you may be fearless in this world, but there are other worlds."
Oh, I forgot that one. Thanks. I think we're on the right track here, which probably means little or no old Coop.
DamnFineCreamedCorn
Roadhouse Member

Post by DamnFineCreamedCorn »

I'd never anticipated "old Coop" back in any preceding part, but I'm feeling differently about Part 13. Especially after the purposeful frustrations of Part 12, and now that so many have surrendered their expectations of Cooper ever returning.

We know there's a climax approaching in Vegas. The red balloon, whatever that means, is going to pop, and I think that will be accompanied by the return of the 1-1-9 mother and son.

I've always presumed Cooper needs Laura to call him back to himself, so I have a gut feeling we see Sheryl Lee this week.
I've already gone places. I just want to stay where I am.
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

sunday night.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Venus wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:
Venus wrote:

Ok. Happy to stump up for a steak dinner for you with good red wine if correct!
Spoiler:
Considering the title of the last episode is 'What is your name?' I have a horrible feeling that that will be the penultimate line spoken in the series and the answer will be, 'FBI Agent Dale Cooper'. Fade out....
Lol, tomorrow we will know! I think we will see the first of the real Cooper. I don't expect him to snap out and start being exactly like old Cooper immediately.
Spoiler:
so far the various titles haven't really carried any actual clue on the plot. They are just random sentences.
If I had to guess and attach some importance to E18 I think that will be Cooper's question to ???????.

whoisalhedges
RR Diner Member

Post by whoisalhedges »

yaxomoxay wrote:
Spoiler:
so far the various titles haven't really carried any actual clue on the plot. They are just random sentences.
If I had to guess and attach some importance to E18 I think that will be Cooper's question to ???????.
Spoiler:
I agree, and just had a thought this morning -considering Sarah's scene at home in Part 12, and the first new lines spoken in the series, "it is in our house now"...

???????'s answer will be:
"Laura Palmer."