When do you think will "Dougie" snap back to being Cooper? (Spoilers)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Re: When do you think will "Dougie" snap back to being Cooper? (Spoilers)

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

dronerstone wrote:WE ARE DEVO!!!!!! <3

They rule. :)
I'm sorry dronerstone, that is not the correct answer.

The answer to the question

"Are We Not Men?"

is

"...Not Men...".

Once upon a time I worked in a building that was adjacent to a culinary institute. The buildings were identical to one another, shared a courtyard, and were connected on every level by elevated walkways. One day a friend and I headed out to the walkways and then down the stairs on a break. As we reached the bottom of the stairs and entered the courtyard, I saw a man wearing a blue Devo hat walking toward us.

He was on his way into the culinary academy, and as we neared each other I asked him, "Are we not men?"

While passing and continuing to look dead ahead, he replied, "We are Devo".
Voltaire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Voltaire »

I'm done anticipating it. It took more than 70% of the season for me to get there but I am no longer unsatisfied that there is no Special Agent Dale Cooper in this season. To their great credit they have produced a season without him that is still fantastic. I suppose he might snap out of it sometime in the final 2 hours but it is no longer the foremost thing in my mind. I think on rewatch as a whole I will despise some of the more frustrating Dougie scenes less.
Terence
Roadhouse Member

Post by Terence »

But notice with no Dougie Cooper on part 14 of how better it was without seeing these annoying scenes with Dale Cooper been brain dead..
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Voltaire- the same thing happened to me a few episodes back. I realised that the shape of the season had nothing to do with Dougie suddenly waking up then getting on with life as Dale Cooper, and I even started to enjoy the Dougie scenes (and I stopped checking my watch every week hoping that there were enough minutes left to have Dougie wake up).

I started to think that maybe they would bring Cooper back at the end, making people want a fourth season to see him in action, but still providing a satisfying ending in case this didn't happen.That relies on there being something for Cooper to do next season.

I still have a small part of me that would love Cooper to be awake by the start of the penultimate episode, giving us basically a two hour sequel to "Twin Peaks: The Dougie Years", but I can live without it.
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Post by crazyscottishguy »

crazyscottishguy wrote:i hope ep. 15 or 16
i will requote myself :lol:
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

I'm beginning to think it'll be right at the end, setting up a season four for around 2019.
Saela
Roadhouse Member

Post by Saela »

Gabriel wrote:I'm beginning to think it'll be right at the end, setting up a season four for around 2019.
I don't think 2019 would be possible..if they really decide to do another season I'm thinking 2020 at the earliest...and I think he'll be back next episode :)
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Saela wrote:
Gabriel wrote:I'm beginning to think it'll be right at the end, setting up a season four for around 2019.
I don't think 2019 would be possible..if they really decide to do another season I'm thinking 2020 at the earliest...and I think he'll be back next episode :)
It depends. I bet that if there is a next season it's not going to be longer than 6 episodes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Saela
Roadhouse Member

Re: When do you think will

Post by Saela »

yaxomoxay wrote:
Saela wrote:
It depends. I bet that if there is a next season it's not going to be longer than 6 episodes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well, we have no idea what kind of story they would want to tell next.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Saela wrote:I don't think 2019 would be possible..if they really decide to do another season I'm thinking 2020 at the earliest...and I think he'll be back next episode :)
My guess is they're already working on it. Showtime won't want a one-off if subscriptions have gone up. Face it: even here in the UK, I've been subscribing to Sky via Now TV for over three months for Twin Peaks. I've watched Legion and I'm now doing True Detective, but I'll cancel at the end of the current Twin Peaks show in anticipation of getting the Blu-ray for Christmas.
Saela
Roadhouse Member

Post by Saela »

Gabriel wrote:
Saela wrote:I don't think 2019 would be possible..if they really decide to do another season I'm thinking 2020 at the earliest...and I think he'll be back next episode :)
My guess is they're already working on it. Showtime won't want a one-off if subscriptions have gone up. Face it: even here in the UK, I've been subscribing to Sky via Now TV for over three months for Twin Peaks. I've watched Legion and I'm now doing True Detective, but I'll cancel at the end of the current Twin Peaks show in anticipation of getting the Blu-ray for Christmas.
Yeah, I've also subscribed to Sky only because of Twin Peaks and plan on cancelling after it ends. Hope you're enjoying True Detective, Season 1 is a masterpiece :)
Voltaire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Voltaire »

Terence wrote:But notice with no Dougie Cooper on part 14 of how better it was without seeing these annoying scenes with Dale Cooper been brain dead..

This can't be denied. A lack of Dougie/rain man/Mr. Magooo stupidity really helped make an already great episode. Yet another stupid Dougie sequence would have taken away from it.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

I think at the end, but no season 4. It will all come full circle and instead of the series 2 cliffhanger with doppelcoop, we'll have a cliffhanger where Dale returns to his real self - which we will never see again :(
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Mr. Strawberry wrote:

"Are We Not Men?"

is

"...Not Men...".
wtf?

even says so here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_We_No ... e_Are_Devo!

sorry for the OT post.
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

dronerstone wrote:
Mr. Strawberry wrote:

"Are We Not Men?"

is

"...Not Men...".
wtf?

even says so here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_We_No ... e_Are_Devo!

sorry for the OT post.
I was just having some fun with you, 'cause you know, if one were to ask Dougie, "Are we not men?!"...