How might the final 6 hours play out?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

metrojoe82
Roadhouse Member

How might the final 6 hours play out?

Post by metrojoe82 »

I'm so impressed by all the in-depth analysis and theorizing that happens on this board. I'm curious if anyone has ideas, given all the characters we've seen and the many storylines, how the final 6 hours might play out? I realize not everything can be resolved, but there are still so many folks we've barely seen and narratives just beginning to unspool I wonder how - if this is truly an 18 hour unit that won't be extended - this might all come together?

Thoughts?
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Re: How might the final 6 hours play out?

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Don't know about all that. This show is to hard to predict.

But with 6 hours remaining I hope they mention the fates of Leo and Donna.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

If the show doesn't reference Windom Earle and Annie Blackburn in any manner in whatever time it has left, it'll be a major DUD for me, no matter about its various virtues it does display.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Well, by those ridiculously specific criteria, it's already only a half-dud :wink: I wouldn't hold your breath for Earle, though. I suspect if they were going to mention him it would have been in the last episode with the blue rose backstory.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Dalai Cooper wrote:Well, by those ridiculously specific criteria, it's already only a half-dud :wink: I wouldn't hold your breath for Earle, though. I suspect if they were going to mention him it would have been in the last episode with the blue rose backstory.
Sorry for this late reply, I was on a vacation for a week and I took a break from the Peaks stuff, so. Well, by an Annie reference, I meant something else than just that "some girl who went with Cooper into the Black Lodge" quip we were treated to. Annie was one of the most integral and crucial characters of the original series, together with Cooper, Laura, Sheriff Truman and, yes, Windom Earle, the series literally went out with speaking her name during its last gasp, not to get into well-discussed specifics - and after 25-ish years of anticipation, all we get on her is this measly "some girl who went with Cooper ..." statement. Like, seriously?

As for Earle, don't worry, I've long since stopped holding my breath for anything as far as The Return (it pains me to refer to it as Season Three, so I'll refrain from it) is concerned. Just though it would be nice this crucial character would get a mention and another tie between the new material and the old one would be formed - if friggin' Heidi the Waitress, Toad the Customer and Harriet Hayward can get their own scenes, then what's wrong with acknowledging Earle's existance (at least a la Chester Desmond-like). And before you use the "Lynch doesn't owe you anything" schtick, let me stress I'm well aware of the fact and I'm not denying him (and Frost) their Artist's privilege to do with their creation as they see fit. I'm just speaking from my own lowly, purely fanboy, perspective, "rediculously specific" as it may be. So take no notice of my rantings by all means.