Predictions - will Season 3 be the last Twin Peaks? (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
N. Needleman
Posts: 1668
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Predictions - will Season 3 be the last Twin Peaks? (SPOILERS)

Postby N. Needleman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:50 pm

Piper not being able to appear has stuck with me. I want to see Catherine one more time. I would have loved to see what Lynch would've done with her, even briefly, in the context of The Return.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
IcedOver
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: Predictions - will Season 3 be the last Twin Peaks? (SPOILERS)

Postby IcedOver » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:16 pm

Perhaps Freddie Sykes will be spun off into a Lynch-style superhero series/franchise -- GloveMan.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Esselgee
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:44 am

Re: Predictions - will Season 3 be the last Twin Peaks? (SPOILERS)

Postby Esselgee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Little Pine Cone wrote:- It's made a lot of money for CBS, who owns it. It boosted their earnings by 11%.


There is no way that is true. Where did you get that data?
Skip Bittman
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:30 am

Re: Predictions - will Season 3 be the last Twin Peaks? (SPOILERS)

Postby Skip Bittman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:34 pm

yeah, that's not exactly accurate. Les bragged that it was PART of what led to higher than expected earnings.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/cbs-ea ... 2017-08-07

It IS a good sign, tho.
User avatar
docLEXfisti
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:59 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby docLEXfisti » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:59 am

I really hope there is going to be a season 4. This is so unique on Television - again - and Showtime would be fools, damn fools if they wouldn't renew it. If only for the different approach or the beauty of it's art in it's visuals and sounds itself

Lynch has built such a powerful foundation with this, I am sure he has a lot more ideas and stories to tell... if Cooper really wakes up in EP17 or EP18 (or the last scene), there must be another season with a "regular" Cooper!
User avatar
Rhiannon
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:25 am

docLEXfisti wrote:I really hope there is going to be a season 4. This is so unique on Television - again - and Showtime would be fools, damn fools if they wouldn't renew it. If only for the different approach or the beauty of it's art in it's visuals and sounds itself

Lynch has built such a powerful foundation with this, I am sure he has a lot more ideas and stories to tell... if Cooper really wakes up in EP17 or EP18 (or the last scene), there must be another season with a "regular" Cooper!


How are the ratings going for the season, haven't read anything about if Showtime are happy with the series/viewers?
jason976
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby jason976 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:59 am

Ubermensch33 wrote:Man...I know we all had our expectations, and of course with 18 hours of Lynch we were all inevitably wrong, but I have never been affected by a film/art like I have been with this series. Maybe Radiohead's music...maybe. It has tested my patience, but I'm brought to tears of delight, horror and sadness with every hour, especially some of the musical acts.

I don't know, or care, how this will be viewed by critics, but I know I don't want my Sundays void of Peaks!


All of this perfectly describes my current feelings on the show (and Radiohead).
User avatar
Pinky
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Pinky » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:10 am

Ubermensch33 wrote:Man...I know we all had our expectations, and of course with 18 hours of Lynch we were all inevitably wrong, but I have never been affected by a film/art like I have been with this series. Maybe Radiohead's music...maybe. It has tested my patience, but I'm brought to tears of delight, horror and sadness with every hour, especially some of the musical acts.

I don't know, or care, how this will be viewed by critics, but I know I don't want my Sundays void of Peaks!


I have had an absolute blast. It's been almost everything I hoped for and then some. I'd feel better if there was another ten hours, four seems nowhere near enough at our current pace, but i've never seen Lynch not stick the landing. What a ride.
writersblock
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:03 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby writersblock » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:22 am

docLEXfisti wrote:I really hope there is going to be a season 4. This is so unique on Television - again - and Showtime would be fools, damn fools if they wouldn't renew it. If only for the different approach or the beauty of it's art in it's visuals and sounds itself

Lynch has built such a powerful foundation with this, I am sure he has a lot more ideas and stories to tell... if Cooper really wakes up in EP17 or EP18 (or the last scene), there must be another season with a "regular" Cooper!


I am not actually that worried about Showtime renewing it - even with the people complaining about it - the uptake to their viewership has been exceptional.

My concern (and it shouldn't be a concern because we should respect their vision) - is that Frost and Lynch don't want a season 4
User avatar
eyeboogers
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby eyeboogers » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:53 am

writersblock wrote:
docLEXfisti wrote:I really hope there is going to be a season 4. This is so unique on Television - again - and Showtime would be fools, damn fools if they wouldn't renew it. If only for the different approach or the beauty of it's art in it's visuals and sounds itself

Lynch has built such a powerful foundation with this, I am sure he has a lot more ideas and stories to tell... if Cooper really wakes up in EP17 or EP18 (or the last scene), there must be another season with a "regular" Cooper!


I am not actually that worried about Showtime renewing it - even with the people complaining about it - the uptake to their viewership has been exceptional.

My concern (and it shouldn't be a concern because we should respect their vision) - is that Frost and Lynch don't want a season 4


I would very much like a fourth season, but I am giving up hope at this point. Although live ratings isn't everything these days - they could not be any worse. This week the show dropped out of the top 150, not for the week but for sunday. Media outlets have re-routed their reviewers to write articles about Game of Thrones instead (notice that f.ex, the Vanity Fair lists about things you might have missed in each new episode stopped coming). Social media buzz is dying down, except amongst the very core fans. Long story short - the only thing T.P has going for it is the initial uptick in subscribers at Showtime. That means a lot, but with viewership dwindling so rapidly I doubt Showtime will gamble that all those people will stay onboard for more "Twin Peaks". Much less attract more people.

The only hail mary scenario I can envision is if streaming of the show suddenly explodes with late to the game binge viewers once the season is done.
writersblock
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:03 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby writersblock » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:56 am

I reckon when a lot of people who got Showtime specifically for Twin Peaks start to cancel their subscription they will truly see the benefit that the show has brought.
User avatar
referendum
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:29 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby referendum » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:17 am

Although live ratings isn't everything these days


I am in the UK. I know of quite a few people ( via social media feeds) who are watching TP TR, but exactly zero who are watching it on Showtime.
If there was a DVD release by Showtime, I would buy it. If there was a cinema showing, of a ' theatre cut' over a couple of nights, I would go.
Subscriptions to Showtime are only a part of the story.
''let's not overthink this opportunity''
User avatar
mtwentz
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby mtwentz » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:26 am

eyeboogers wrote:
writersblock wrote:
docLEXfisti wrote:I really hope there is going to be a season 4. This is so unique on Television - again - and Showtime would be fools, damn fools if they wouldn't renew it. If only for the different approach or the beauty of it's art in it's visuals and sounds itself

Lynch has built such a powerful foundation with this, I am sure he has a lot more ideas and stories to tell... if Cooper really wakes up in EP17 or EP18 (or the last scene), there must be another season with a "regular" Cooper!


I am not actually that worried about Showtime renewing it - even with the people complaining about it - the uptake to their viewership has been exceptional.

My concern (and it shouldn't be a concern because we should respect their vision) - is that Frost and Lynch don't want a season 4


I would very much like a fourth season, but I am giving up hope at this point. Although live ratings isn't everything these days - they could not be any worse. This week the show dropped out of the top 150, not for the week but for sunday. Media outlets have re-routed their reviewers to write articles about Game of Thrones instead (notice that f.ex, the Vanity Fair lists about things you might have missed in each new episode stopped coming). Social media buzz is dying down, except amongst the very core fans. Long story short - the only thing T.P has going for it is the initial uptick in subscribers at Showtime. That means a lot, but with viewership dwindling so rapidly I doubt Showtime will gamble that all those people will stay onboard for more "Twin Peaks". Much less attract more people.

The only hail mary scenario I can envision is if streaming of the show suddenly explodes with late to the game binge viewers once the season is done.


I think it is a pretty safe bet there won't be a fourth season.

However, with 18 episodes, honestly, we can't really complain. The last nine were virtually a fourth season in themselves.

I feel sad that really crappy reality T.V. gets millions of viewers, but the audience for real art seems small enough to fill my living room. But I am just thankful we got these final 18- ain't gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

Edit: If any of you wonder why Hollywood keeps releasing comic book superhero movies instead of taking a risk and doing something different- now you see why. It's very risky to produce anything outside of a proven formula.
writersblock
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:03 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby writersblock » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:41 am

referendum wrote:
Although live ratings isn't everything these days


I am in the UK. I know of quite a few people ( via social media feeds) who are watching TP TR, but exactly zero who are watching it on Showtime.
If there was a DVD release by Showtime, I would buy it. If there was a cinema showing, of a ' theatre cut' over a couple of nights, I would go.
Subscriptions to Showtime are only a part of the story.


A couple of nights? Let's do the full 18 hours - I'll buy the popcorn!!!
dronerstone
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby dronerstone » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:46 am

While I'd definitely watch a 4th Season in a couple of years, I'd still PREFER Lynch wrapping Season 3 in a way that assures that TP is over with FOREVER.

He has fulfilled the hopes and dreams of MANY (himself, but also all the other people involved and the fans, of course) and sometimes you should quit when things are BEST instead of going "hey, that wasn't bad! want more?"

At least that's what I believe.

Let's get this over with and then go home in peace. Can't wait to see the remaining parts. High stakes.

Return to “Season 3 (2017) The Return (Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests