Mr. Todd

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Re: Mr. Todd

Post by Deep Thought »

Bob1,I hope you're happy now! Lol I'm pretty sure it was Richard moaning, cause Mr Todd seemed damn near decapitated!
There's your roast beef and cheese.
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

The death of Mr. Todd. Perfect. One step closer to getting Copper back.
Attachments
Death of Mr. Todd.jpg
Death of Mr. Todd.jpg (46.34 KiB) Viewed 6867 times
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

Yeah... happy... :|
Deep Thought wrote: I look at his role, and others like Charlie, as "functions" rather than characters.
That's the thing I was referring to in another thread - I called the majority of characters robot-like probably meaning something similar to your functions. The characters do something, then they get switched off for whatever number of episodes, at certain point (but not narration-driven) they are turned on again and sometimes they provide some answers, sometimes not. I have usually forgotten what they did in the previous instalment before they reappear. Robot, function, anyway they're mathematical, not human, and I don't buy it at all. Mr Todd is one of the best examples but actually almost all characters seem like that to me.
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Although Mr. Todd may not have been the most interesting character to come along, he eventually was granted an interesting, or at least unusual, send off.

A red plume begins to spread outward from his head before there is an indication that the bullet hit him. Maybe it went up his nostril.
Todd Plumes.jpg
Todd Plumes.jpg (38.16 KiB) Viewed 6818 times
Impossibly large chunk(s) of head-meat go flying in every direction (some towards the shooter) through a more intense red plume of blood. Apparently Chantal uses explosive bullets, but the quiet kind.
Todd Chunks.jpg
Todd Chunks.jpg (34.76 KiB) Viewed 6818 times
The massive blood loss is instantaneous, causing the remaining face to turn colorless.
Todd Fades.jpg
Todd Fades.jpg (31.91 KiB) Viewed 6818 times
All in all, very unusual choices for the effect. The result comes off as unrealistic (as did Dougie’s head exploding), and all three stages of the effect can be noticed at normal speed, no freeze-frame required. Todd’s face turning to black and white is especially strange when you look for it.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Seems appropriate. True destruction reaches the Vegas location. Mr. Todd, the middleman terrified of Doppelcoop, couldn't make any headway against Dougiecoop's passive goodness. He was too removed from the Doppelganger, the opposite force.

Chantel and Hutch are cheerful top tier henchmen, sent by the Doppelganger directly and reveling in all the violence. They are driven by their basest desires, without empathy or conscience, as dark as is earthly possible. A little extra punch to the death of Mr. Todd underscores that the threat has elevated that much.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Weirdest of all -- was Chantal wearing Louboutins?! I found that pretty jarring given her "white trash" characterization!
Meaxylon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Meaxylon »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Weirdest of all -- was Chantal wearing Louboutins?! I found that pretty jarring given her "white trash" characterization!
She's wearing a disguise to fit in in Todd's office.

Btw, wasn't Gordon's french lady friend showing off Louboutin shoes? Or just similar?
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Louboutin? Fuck that shit! Converse Chuck Taylors!