No votes
Other
28%

Total votes: 103
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Re: Who is Judy? (Spoilers)

Post by IcedOver »

I'm not too interested in who Judy is, and I don't believe Lynch is either. As usual, it's just the presence of the mystery that is important. I do predict, though, that Albert will turn out to be sort of a big bad.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Candie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daliz
Roadhouse Member

Post by Daliz »

My guess is we'll never know.

We're gonna keep her out of this.
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

My guesses:
- the experiment/mother (I think the same or similar music is used in the "We're not gonna talk about Judy" scene from FWWM and in Sarah's grocery store scene, where we get the first hint that she is possessed)
- Mrs. Chalfont (she was in the convenience store scene with Jeffries)
- Diane
- Audrey (she feels like she is someone else)
- Julee Cruise
- another Sheryl Lee character

I think it's interesting that Jeffries and Mr. C. avoided using a pronoun for Judy. That made me think Judy could be a male character as well, but in FWWM Jeffries refers to Judy as "her".
Meaxylon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Meaxylon »

This might be a bit crazy, but I've considered the option that Judy might be.. Cooper (or bad coop). The only thing that makes me think that is the way Jeffries says "You've already met Judy" to bad coop. To me it sounds like "You've already met, Judy." The intonation of "Judy" sounds as if he's calling bad coop "Judy".

Also: in 1989 in FBI office in Philadelphia, Jeffries is wary of Cooper and also says we should leave Judy out of it. Could that mean he doesn't want to discuss certain things while Judy (coop) is present?
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Dreamy Audrey wrote: - the experiment/mother (I think the same or similar music is used in the "We're not gonna talk about Judy" scene from FWWM and in Sarah's grocery store scene, where we get the first hint that she is possessed)
So, you're saying that "Leland and Sarah" equals "BOB and Judy" and they're a possessing evil spirit couple? Romantic. :P
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I'd like to change my vote from Judy is Laura to Judy is the Mother.

Hawk didn't want to talk about the Mother with Truman. Jeffries didn't want to talk about Judy.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

Daliz wrote:My guess is we'll never know.

We're gonna keep her out of this.
I thought this before Jeffries telling Cooper he's already met Judy.
Perhaps Judy has something to do with Linda?
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:I'd like to change my vote from Judy is Laura to Judy is the Mother. Hawk didn't want to talk about the Mother with Truman. Jeffries didn't want to talk about Judy.
I think what Hawk said was "Oh, you don't want to know about that" IIRC. Not "you don't want to talk about that." But that's just semantics. It still puts across what you observed, that Hawk was reluctant to go into what the symbol meant.
Evasive though -- sort of like when Duncan Todd non-answered Roger's question "Why do you let them make you do these things" with "Roger you don't ever want to get mixed up with people like this" or similar. Avoids saying what everyone's wondering: what is the identity behind the mystery?
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

Could Judy be JUDY, like Bob is BOB and Mike is MIKE? A spirit that possesses people to do good (Laura, Becky?) and that takes the form of Naido?
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

starmand
Roadhouse Member

Post by starmand »

I'm starting to hope that they don't explain Judy any further in these final 2 episodes. I love the idea that they'd bring it back, and have Mr. C ask the question we've all been asking since FWWM and then not answer it, but leave us with one more clue to speculate about ("you've already met Judy"). Ha!
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

starmand wrote:I'm starting to hope that they don't explain Judy any further in these final 2 episodes. I love the idea that they'd bring it back, and have Mr. C ask the question we've all been asking since FWWM and then not answer it, but leave us with one more clue to speculate about ("you've already met Judy"). Ha!
I'm with you, I think that'd be great. :D
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

"Phil, you know that was Coop's doppelganger and not the original, right?"

"I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night, Chet. I gave that walking karmic sewer the coordinates to that rock that disintegrates doppelgangers and their descendants."

"And you think he'll fall for that?"

"I told him that's where Judy was." And his smoke forms the letters LOL.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Saturn's child wrote:
starmand wrote:I'm starting to hope that they don't explain Judy any further in these final 2 episodes. I love the idea that they'd bring it back, and have Mr. C ask the question we've all been asking since FWWM and then not answer it, but leave us with one more clue to speculate about ("you've already met Judy"). Ha!
I'm with you, I think that'd be great. :D
Thirded. The reason this line has always resonated is the mystery of it. Barring a REALLY satisfying answer, I'd rather it remain an unknown.