POLL: Which Characters Will We See in the Final Two Hours?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Which Characters Will Appear in the Final Two Hours?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:40 am

Harry Truman
8%
Shelly Briggs
13%
Ben Horne and/or Beverly Paige
7%
Norma Jennings, Big Ed Hurley and/or Nadine Hurley
1%
Leland Palmer
15%
Dr. Jacoby
1%
Phillip Jeffries
No votes
Becky Burnett and/or Gersten Hayward
3%
Jumping Man
11%
Sylvia and/or Johnny Horne
1%
Red
17%
Diane
4%
Jerry Horne
4%
Charlie
No votes
Carl Rodd
11%
Bosomy Woman
1%
Mike Nelson
No votes
Señorita Dido
No votes
Jean-Michel Renault
No votes
American Girl
3%

Total votes: 75
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Re: POLL: Which Characters Will We See in the Final Two Hours?

Post by The Gazebo »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Saturn's child wrote:I'd love to see American Girl again. I'm fine for her to remain this ambiguous new American Girl (as opposed to Ronette Pulaski), but something about her performance just notched things up for me. I don't think we'll see her, but may as well put the wish out there.
I'm with ya! Can never have too much Phoebe Augustine, and the casting choice is one we'll be debating for years.
If it doesn't happen, then what an effing scene in which to make your only contribution to the show :)
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

The Gazebo wrote:If it doesn't happen, then what an effing scene in which to make your only contribution to the show :)
Hear, hear!
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

Saturn's child wrote:
The Gazebo wrote:If it doesn't happen, then what an effing scene in which to make your only contribution to the show :)
Hear, hear!
That could be said on behalf of any number of characters as I've considered it. Ernie Hudson & Cynthia Knox come to mind.
While it was super fleeting in screen time, seeing Augustine's character but not recognizing her -- then reading later who the actress was, and TOTALLY recognizing her on rewatch -- what a momentous thrill that was for me.
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

Framed_Angel wrote:That could be said on behalf of any number of characters as I've considered it. Ernie Hudson & Cynthia Knox come to mind.
While it was super fleeting in screen time, seeing Augustine's character but not recognizing her -- then reading later who the actress was, and TOTALLY recognizing her on rewatch -- what a momentous thrill that was for me.
I was fortunate enough to recognize her on first viewing, and back then I thought she might have a bigger role to play. As critical as I have been of this season, I don't think there's any doubt that DKL loves the people he's been working with previously, and it's great that he found a way to put Augustine in a marvellous scene (Pound for pound, has anyone had better scenes than her? The railway bridge in the pilot, the end of episode 8, and this scene in season 3).
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

I voted:

Leland - because I believe Leland and Laura will wrap it somehow, they were at the beginning , they will apear in the ending,

Ben Horne - for the sound at Great Northern and perhaps even the key? (one of my favourite motives here)

Carl - he is a witness of important things

But Red? I don't care about him, he was totally pointless from the beginning and I hope they've forgotten about him. I hope they've forgotten about the New York box, too, but I'm afraid it will come back.
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I chose Jumping Man (sure hope DKL didn't bring the actor back for just that one shot!), Red and Diane (not necessarily in Laura Dern/"Diane-E" form, though).

!
The fact that jumping man would be appearing was spoiled ages ago. Because we knew the actor was returning. I'll be a little disappointed if we don't see him again. His costume makeup and mannerisms are quite frightening.

I vote. Laura. Leland. Sarah. The Palmers. I really want to see more of Sarah Palmer most of all.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I think we're likely to see a whole lot of these characters, especially considering that this is looking like it will take place mostly in Twin Peaks.

This isn't a prediction, but I'd like enjoy another appearance by Mike Nelson. Maybe as Steven is lowered into his grave Mike can be walk by and mutter "What an asshole."

On a more serious note, if Becky is actually dead, as some suspect, we could see Mike at her funeral, supporting Bobby, his old partner in crime.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jasper wrote:I think we're likely to see a whole lot of these characters, especially considering that this is looking like it will take place mostly in Twin Peaks.

This isn't a prediction, but I'd like enjoy another appearance by Mike Nelson. Maybe as Steven is lowered into his grave Mike can be walk by and mutter "What an asshole."

On a more serious note, if Becky is actually dead, as some suspect, we could see Mike at her funeral, supporting Bobby, his old partner in crime.
God, I'd LOVE to see Bobby and Mike have one scene together.

I'd pretty much welcome the return of any Return character except Wally. ;)
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

I also need to see Lucy, particularly what that vision Andy had of guiding her along some passageway then releasing her shoulders and she had that expression on her face. There's a story behind it!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Framed_Angel wrote:I also need to see Lucy, particularly what that vision Andy had of guiding her along some passageway then releasing her shoulders and she had that expression on her face. There's a story behind it!
I'm taking Lucy as a given, too. I'm assuming we'll see Hawk, Frank and Andy, as well as Chad since he's in the cell with Naido.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Here are the results as they stood before the airing.

So, I took Audrey as so much of a sure thing that I didn't even include her in the poll, and was evidently wrong. I owe Big Ed (the board member) a drink.

We all bet hard on Red and lost. (To quote the title of a novel DKL once contemplated adapting, You Play the Red and the Black Comes Up.) That character's presence (or lack thereof) in the season is sure a weird one.

Second place was Leland. While he technically appeared, it was reused footage, so there's an asterisk there. Really wish we'd gotten more of Ray, but I guess he's gotten his due in FWWM and TMP.

Third was Shelly. No dice. Surprised, as DKL loves Madchen and had used her relatively heavily so far in the series (at least, in proportion to the other former series regulars), and the Becky storyline remains curiously dangling. "Nothing's a sure thing, Shelly."

Fourth was Carl. Swing and a miss. We suck at this.

But wait! Tied for fourth was the Jumping Man! One quick, distorted shot...but it counts!

Fifth was Harry. I guess this was always wishful thinking. But given that Ontkean was game at one point, I really don't see why it would have been so hard to do a quick Skype call. They already had Frank's desk rig built and the Skype interface designed! The Coop/Harry dynamic remains heartbreakingly unresolved, one of the shittiest things about TR for me. Dale tells Frank to give Harry his best and Frank says he will. Coop never even thinks to ask how Harry is (I guess maybe he knows through Lodge magic), and Frank doesn't bother to tell him Harry is ill. :?

Ben Horne was sixth place, and congrats to the five of you who chose him! Ironically, his own storyline with Beverly was left unresolved, and his appearance was in service of closing out the Jerry storyline (even though Jerry didn't appear, to the consternation of three voters!).

And, the three people who voted for Diane won big. She sure dominated the last couple of hours.

Jeffries got no votes in the poll, but we did see him again (and the Frizzell voiceover debacle is almost worthwhile for the brilliant line, "It's slippery in here!").

Other than that, we didn't see any of the other options at all. Thanks for playing!
Attachments
poll.jpg
poll.jpg (106.7 KiB) Viewed 8734 times