A Simple Poll: Is Richard toast?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hasta la Vista Richard?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:40 pm

Yes, Richard is dead, never to be seen in Twin Peaks again.
54%
No, Richard was transported somewhere, or he'll show up in the Black Lodge or something like that. We haven't seen the last of him.
46%

Total votes: 39
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Re: A Simple Poll: Is Richard toast?

Post by DoppelBocker »

I voted Yes evening the vote.

I do think it's possible for Linda to be Richard's better half though... Only time we've heard Linda is that lady at the trailer park. The reveal of Linda hasn't happened yet...
Perhaps a Richard in drag?

That scene with Gordon Cole and Denise at the beginning sort of made me think of this. An androgynous being seems be sort of indicative of one transforming into one's higher self in the afterlife it seems in lots new age or eastern sorts of schools of thought; this is on earth and not in the afterlife though so I don't know if this makes sense. However, perhaps the good half is so mortified by the actions of Richard has some sort of gender identity switch? That might sound crazy but I guess this is Twin Peaks Season 3 so who knows...
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Re: A Simple Poll: Is Richard toast?

Post by Novalis »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Novalis wrote:As a dodo.
I assume you mean he's coming back as a talking dodo.
The question you have to ask yourself is: was I being deliberately ambiguous? :roll: :P :roll:

Nah. I think he's dead as a dodo. In fact I'd say he

Is morally, ethically
Spiritually, physically
Positively, absolutely
Undeniably and reliably dead!

(As Coroner, I must confirm I thoroughly examined him
And he's not only merely dead,
he's really most sincerely dead)
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?