What you want to see in the final two episodes.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

What you want to see in the final two episodes.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

What does everyone want or (need) to see in the final twp episodes.

I'll start.

- Cooper having a cup of coffee/cherry pie at the Double R
- Harry S Truman making a surprise apperence
- Another character such as Chet Desmond, Josie or Windom Earle making a surprise appearance in the red room or lodge.
- Leland and Laura Palmer have at least a scene
- Characters such as Pete, Catherine or Leo get a mention or shout out
- We find out what that ringing noise was
- What's up with Sarah Palmer?
- It doesn't end on a cliffhanger like season 2 did
- Cooper doesn't sacrifice himself and allow Dougie Coop to take over (LAME)
- We find out what happened with Audrey and hopefully Annie
- Bobby and Shelly get back together (Wishful thinking)

How about you?
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Re: What you want to see in the final two episodes.

Post by claaa7 »

i don't NEED to see anything, but I WANT to see:

* Cooper driving past the Twin Peaks sign
* Cooper entering the Sheriff's station of TP, meeting with the old gang
* Laura, Lara, Laura
* Sarah and Leland

that's what i WANT to see, but i'm ready to be suprised by all of this being totally subverted too
Saela
Roadhouse Member

Post by Saela »

Something that blows my mind the same way Part 8 did. And Laura :)
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

as i've said previously it seems obvious to me that some episodes have been given a lot more care than others, in terms of which stories are presented, how they are shot, fx, sound design, music, etc. these include Cooper's escape from the lodge that stretches from parts 1 to 3, part 8 (which they knew were so special that they inserted the one week off right after) and part 15.. i would expect Lynch and Frost to really give it their all in the finale. i doubt these will be "filler" episodes in any way.. when the TP Return has been ON it has been really ON, the best parts of the show rivals the best parts of the original series for me, so my hope is that i will be equally blown away by the last episode.

i mean how incredible is this image?

Voided
Roadhouse Member

Post by Voided »

The thing I'd most like to see is something to rival the aesthetics of episode 3 or the season 2 finale. Something sensationally Lynchian. It doesn't have to be a showdown in the lodge....that would be a reworking of the original finale, so it's unlikely.
Just forget you ever saw it. It's better that way.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:What does everyone want or (need) to see in the final twp episodes.

I'll start.

- Leland and Laura Palmer have at least a scene

- What's up with Sarah Palmer?

- Cooper doesn't sacrifice himself and allow Dougie Coop to take over (LAME)

How about you?
I'm definitely on board with these points. I also want to see Gordon, Good Dale, and Bad Dale together in a scene. And hoping for some serious surrealism.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Cooper checking in to the Great Northern and getting greeted by Ben.

Cooper rejoining the core Sheriff's group, and meeting Frank, Maggie and Jesse.

Lucy and Candie having a conversation.

Albert and Cooper reunited.

Tammy reacting awkwardly to Twin Peaks residents.

Bobby and James talk to each other.

"Dance of the Dream Man" plays.

Cooper makes use of knowledge gained from 25 years in the Lodge.

Fates of Diane, Audrey, and Annie revealed.

Laura, Leland and Sarah.

We learn that one of the new strange characters like Red or the 119 lady is a Lodge member.

Cooper himself, not a tulpa, going through that red door on Lancelot Court again.

Cooper's storyline and several of the main ones resolved but with some tantalizing loose ends to discuss left over.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

What if one Cooper ends in Twin Peaks comforting Audrey, eating donuts with the sheriff department and another Coooer walks through the Lancelot red door... and it is never explained. We debate for decades which was which.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Audrey Horne wrote:What if one Cooper ends in Twin Peaks comforting Audrey, eating donuts with the sheriff department and another Coooer walks through the Lancelot red door... and it is never explained. We debate for decades which was which.
That would be amazing. Provided the Audrey comfort is ambiguous enough I can decide he didn't sleep with her.
counterpaul
RR Diner Member

Post by counterpaul »

I just want it to be something I never would have predicted but that feels totally, unavoidably inevitable in retrospect--you know: the ending of a David Lynch movie.

In the last few weeks, life has gotten in the way of me spending much time on this board and I'm horribly behind on all the posts, but I've been loving the show tremendously. I just want to state, here on the eve of its conclusion, what a miraculous gift it's been having an hour of new David Lynch every week for the last few months. It has helped my soul in seriously non-trivial ways, and I will miss it like crazy, even as I'm glad that this is a work with a genuine ending rather than a perpetual "content" (a word I despise as a descriptor of art) machine.

Thank you to all involved in TPTR for making "golden age TV" (even the very best of it) look like the formulaic pap that it truly is and for the reminder that cinema can be anything. Immersing myself in TPTR makes everything else (both in media and in life) look and feel different than it used to, and that is what great art does.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

"to be continued?'' :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

counterpaul wrote:
I just want it to be something I never would have predicted but that feels totally, unavoidably inevitable in retrospect--you know: the ending of a David Lynch movie.
That's so eloquent. That's exactly the feeling I want too. I hope:

- The Jones family find true happiness. I would prefer real Cooper, but he's been going home for a long time, and that's not Rancho Rosa.
- Harry S. Truman. Not old footage, really him. A bittersweet reunion between him and Cooper.
- No artificially mysterious cliffhanger. If they have to, go all the way. Don't pander to the expectation for audience discussion in the future.
- Swelling and soaring Badalamenti. Something that really fucks me up, the way The Voice of Love did.
- Use Julee Cruise well.
- No Roadhouse scene at the end unless, like Part 2, it's intrinsic to the feelings.
- Laura needs to be necessary, not gratuitous and recycled.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Trudy Chelgren wrote:
counterpaul wrote:

- Swelling and soaring Badalamenti. Something that really fucks me up, the way The Voice of Love .
I absolutely love that song. As a matter of fact, me and my wife used that song at our wedding to play us out as we left the church. Such a beautiful piece of music. Would love to hear it used again. But would love even more to hear a new composition by Badalamenti/Cruise/Lynch.
Terence
Roadhouse Member

Post by Terence »

We are surely going to see good Cooper not understanding morden technology.
It could make for a good laugh.

But i guess also by being out in the world for nearly 2 weeks even though he was not in full control of himself in that time but he would have seen many things new to him like smartphones in that time.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

A cliffhanger.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM