What you want to see in the final two episodes.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BOB1
RR Diner Member

Re: What you want to see in the final two episodes.

Post by BOB1 »

claaa7 wrote: * Laura, Lara, Laura
A Freudian slip? ;)

But it could have been worse, you could have written: Laura, Lara, Lana! :D
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

A cliffhanger.
Well, that's how Season 2 ended so I think happily tying everything together in conventional manner not best route. As long as it's not something like not telling us what DoppleCoop was after and then ending it right before we find out sort of thing I may or may not feel good about. I just don't want a neat bow with conventional ending as this series is too original for that.

As far as what I'd like to see:
-Appearance from David Bowie
-Addressing important loose ends and providing some answers to certain things which long list for everything so will just have watch finale and say if satisfied on this suppose
-Some surprise cameos of people not expect
-Exploration of new areas within town of Twin Peaks
-Freshness that lasts to final credits
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

The show could take so many different directions I'm not sure what to anticipate- some would be wonderful (especially the ones I never even thought to think of) and some would really piss me off. Don't have time to go into any of them, so all I'll say is...

More jumping man! More Abe Lincoln woodsman!
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

When the dust settles, I just want this chapter of Dale Cooper's story to end on a happy note. With maybe a little tease for Season 4.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I hope Albert has some good scenes. Not to be such a downer, but this is where we say goodbye to Albert (unless there's some sort of Missing Pieces from The Return). It's a sad thought, though it's been so wonderful that Miguel Ferrer was able to participate in The Return in major capacity. I wish he were here to watch it with us.

I'd like to see Albert interact with Candie, Mandie and Sandie. I'd like to see a lot of people interact with them, Lucy most of all. I can just imagine them floating into the RR.

What I really want in the finale, aside from it being great, is a great deal of ambiguity. "Threads to dream on."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Reminder - politics not allowed on this forum. Thanks.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

To be honest I don't know what I want to see. My first impulse is to say one or two jaw-dropping what-the-actual-heck montages are required, along the lines of what we've seen in part 3 and part 8. The continuation of old mysteries as seen in 15/16/17, to be sure. Perhaps some more mention of Chet Desmond's disappearance, something like that. A revelation over who Linda is, and where she fits in in all this.

But perhaps most of all I want something a little sombre, mature and dignified, especially given all the old-timers involved in this project and the number of deaths and absences we've had to endure. A sustained reflection on the beating heart of Twin Peaks as a community that remembers and honours its past even as it looks forward to new challenges. I want my harp plucked by these final two hours, I want the feels. Goosebumps and lachrymal secretions a bonus.

Maybe some poetry or a couple of literary references (like Harriet Hayward or Ben Horne of old showered us with), and lots of well-framed, moody cinematography. Wood, primal and totemic, everywhere. Some frights and some delights. No chocolate bunnies.

Apart from these vague requests, I'm open to all kinds of things.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?