Poll: Would you like to see a 4th season happen? (SPOILERS PERMITTED)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Would you like to see a 4th season happen?

Yes
65%
No
17%
Unsure
18%

Total votes: 264
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Poll: Would you like to see a 4th season happen? (SPOILERS PERMITTED)

Post by Jerry Horne »

Damn you TV Line. Damn you all to Hell!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

I don't need a Season 4. . . I want a Season 4
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Way back when season 3 was announced, I wanted to see what Lynch/Frost could do with a continuing story under their control. Lynch has been talking for many years about the beauty of a continuing story in the medium of television, and how it allows us to keep going deeper and deeper into a given world. I have a desire to see Lynch (and Frost) realize this via Twin Peaks.

To those who enjoyed the return (and maybe even those who only enjoyed the last part), but who aren't sure about a continuing story, I'd ask what you'd have thought if part 17 had ended season 3, and part 18 had been the premier of season 4. Would you say "This premier was the perfect ending. It's too bad there are more episodes on the way.", or would you be fascinated with these strange events, and eager to see what comes next?

I agree that Twin Peaks shouldn't end with a pretty bow wrapping up all of the mysteries, and I don't think that will ever happen. A continuing story doesn't mean we get to a place where everything is answered. I don't even really consider the idea of a continuing story to be about answers. I'd expect it would be about exploration and mystery more than anything else.

In any case, as I've said, if Lynch and Frost are inspired to do it, it's exactly what they should do. If they're not, then they shouldn't force it, and surely won't. This is why I've got no worries about the whole idea.

In short, yes, I can say without reservation that I'd like to see a fourth season.
TheAlien
RR Diner Member

Post by TheAlien »

I loved the fuck out of season three and believe it is one of the best things Lynch has done (which really surprised me considering how great his films are) but I vote NO. Once you get something special, it's common to ask for more, and more and more and more but sometimes it's either just not necessary or it ruins the ambiguity.
Season three has certain situations surrounding it that made the result special, that I just don't believe would surround a fourth season.

Also, I just fucking want a new Lynch movie so bad, really really need one. He can't just say goodbye with Inland Empire can he? I hope not :oops:
For I am I: ergo, the truth of myself; my own sphinx, conflict, chaos, vortex—asymmetric to all rhythms, oblique to all paths. I am the prism between black and white: mine own unison in duality.
― Austin Osman Spare
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Thatfabulousalien wrote:I vote NO.
If season 4 happens, I completely respect your right to stand by your principles by refusing to partake. :mrgreen:
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

Jasper wrote:To those who enjoyed the return (and maybe even those who only enjoyed the last part), but who aren't sure about a continuing story, I'd ask what you'd have thought if part 17 had ended season 3, and part 18 had been the premier of season 4. Would you say "This premier was the perfect ending. It's too bad there are more episodes on the way.", or would you be fascinated with these strange events, and eager to see what comes next?
I don't think it would have changed my opinion. I've become deeply suspicious of this whole series, in the sense that Lynch and Frost just wanted to spew forth ideas totally unrelated to the world they once created. I will never doubt Lynch's ability to create powerful visual imagery, but I've lost all faith in his desire to tell a story about Twin Peaks. But leaving aside my own misgivings about The Return, I just don't see where they can go with this story. Early on, I voiced my 'fears' about the seemingly 'ad-hoc' expansion of the show's mythology, and with the resurrection of Laura (coupled with the woodsmen, Mother, Tulpas, etc) I feel they've strayed too far into la-la land for it to have any coherence or emotional impact from this point.

But, I reiterate, if a season 4 is a possibility, and fans would welcome it, I hope you'll be watching it in a few years time. :D
rugerblackhawk357
Roadhouse Member

Post by rugerblackhawk357 »

The Gazebo wrote:
Jasper wrote:To those who enjoyed the return (and maybe even those who only enjoyed the last part), but who aren't sure about a continuing story, I'd ask what you'd have thought if part 17 had ended season 3, and part 18 had been the premier of season 4. Would you say "This premier was the perfect ending. It's too bad there are more episodes on the way.", or would you be fascinated with these strange events, and eager to see what comes next?
I don't think it would have changed my opinion. I've become deeply suspicious of this whole series, in the sense that Lynch and Frost just wanted to spew forth ideas totally unrelated to the world they once created. I will never doubt Lynch's ability to create powerful visual imagery, but I've lost all faith in his desire to tell a story about Twin Peaks. But leaving aside my own misgivings about The Return, I just don't see where they can go with this story. Early on, I voiced my 'fears' about the seemingly 'ad-hoc' expansion of the show's mythology, and with the resurrection of Laura (coupled with the woodsmen, Mother, Tulpas, etc) I feel they've strayed too far into la-la land for it to have any coherence or emotional impact from this point.

But, I reiterate, if a season 4 is a possibility, and fans would welcome it, I hope you'll be watching it in a few years time. :D
I just think it would be hilarious if we got a season 4 and still got dozens of loose threads and no answers. Lynch/Frost just sitting back and saying "Showtime is actually giving us money for this? We ain't complaining."
Sometimes i wish i was better off dead. No wait. Not me. You.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I want a Season 4 just so that it can have a Happy and Satisfying Ending for all the characters.Poor Coop has been stuck somewhere or the other.I just want him to live a happy life.