Poll: Would you like to see a 4th season happen? (SPOILERS PERMITTED)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Would you like to see a 4th season happen?

Yes
65%
No
17%
Unsure
18%

Total votes: 264
Whiteout_75

Re: Poll: Would you like to see a 4th season happen? (SPOILERS PERMITTED)

Post by Whiteout_75 »

I chose "unsure", even though I felt that this was a perfect ending. This is probably the neatest way of resolving this show, with a finger and at the audience: You wan't a big happy, resolved ending? Too bad. Cause there is no real ending to anything, unless we provide it artificially. Key line of the series: "You want me to end your story too?"
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

I want it to end on a high point so yes, just let it go and end it now. We don’t need a season 4. That would just ruin it. It has to end somewhere and this ending is a fabulous one, powerful and potent, though finely and precariously balanced. Lynch is never going to resolve or address everything anyway, thank God. That flies in the face of his art, reducing and diminishing it.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Unsure.

I don't know if I'd want a 4th Season at this point, but I'd be interested in a standalone 2 hour tangential feature a la FWWM. A whole movie about Sarah Palmer, for example, would be good.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

I voted yes, just because I'd certainly watch it.

"The Adventures Of RICHARD"
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

Yes.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Yes.
I emailed Showtime's CEO David Nevins to thank him for the voyage, and I pitched him my hope of a possible season 4. He replied, saying he was glad I enjoyed the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

IcedOver wrote:In addition to my above post, I would only be open to it if it's the exact conditions of this -- Lynch directing the whole thing, 100% creative control (of course if the latter weren't given, he wouldn't do it anyway).
Hear hear.
Redlodge
Roadhouse Member

Post by Redlodge »

There's no way in hell that Showtime or any other network is going to shell out any more money for more Twin Peaks after the dismal ratings and subscriptions . Frankly after seeing The Return I don't care to see anymore.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet , oh what a crop of mummy wheat.
richsmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by richsmith »

While "How's Annie?" felt like a cliffhanger in the best sense of the word, The Return's ending feels far more definitive to me. Not so much on a narrative level, because obviously there are plenty of unresolved stories that could be picked up in a fourth season, but spiritually and emotionally it feels like there is nowhere left for this to go. I would gladly watch if Lynch/Frost felt otherwise, but I would hate to see them unpack this incredibly enigmatic, haunting conclusion. I also think the mythology has been taken as far as it can/should be taken. It worked perfectly to see a greater evil even than BOB unfurled. But what's next? A greater evil than a greater evil?

The last thing I wanted in The Return was for everything to get tied up with a neat bow, and have good defeat evil or some such banality. I am thankful they didn't go there with it, but I get concerned that there will be inordinate pressure to do so if there is another season. For me, this feels like the end of the road. And much as I loved The Return -- more so even than Season 1 and equivalent to the best parts of Season 2 -- I would be fine if there was never another frame shot. To be left with this ultimate mystery is a rare and beautiful thing.
Candie
Roadhouse Member

Post by Candie »

wxray wrote:Nope. Done. It deserves to be over.
This.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Would have probably leaned toward "no" before Sunday night -- I thought it was extremely unlikely that L/F would have the energy/inclination to do this again and was hoping for a closed ending.

After having seen Part 18, my answer is a resounding "yes." I'm happy with what we got as an ending if that's what L/F want. But if they have more to say, I want to hear it.
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

BigEd wrote: What are you all planning to watch that is better??
Velocity Channel.
- Graveyard Carz
- Overhaulin'
- Bitchin' Rides
- All Girls Garage

I will be watching this while in my workshop, making a new end-table.
Spacevessel

Post by Spacevessel »

I wouldn't mind more of this, as long as it cuts down on mindless violence, vulgarity and goofiness.
"I should have been a pair of ragged claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas."
emptiem

Post by emptiem »

Yes, it feels necessary with the way they ended it. Even more so than Season 2's ending, which I actually liked for a final ending.

But, if Season 4 would just be another season of mostly pointless wank, with terrible plotting and pacing, lollygagging for hours and hours, introducing new characters and new situations that never really lead anywhere, terrible amateur unironic special FX barely worthy of a low budget early '90s straight-to-video sci-fi, stilted expositional dialog with retcons all the way down and indulging Lynch in using the Twin Peaks name as a canvas to nod to all his previous works with a smattering of incomplete unconnected ideas that he never found a home for...then no.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

Nope.