The deceased dugpa spoiler thread's partial mirror

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Re: The deceased dugpa spoiler thread's partial mirror

Post by vicksvapor77 »

frahm9 wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:I spoke with someone from Everett (would have to dig the email out) but they said the Pigeon Creek location got rained out so they had to film in warehouse a few blocks from there instead. It's the Richard and Red scene we have in the final product, just shot in a different location than originally planned.
Oh, that settles it then. Thanks for the insight.
Of course! Just found the emails from February 2016 but I'd rather not say the person's name. The quotes below are in response to questions I was asking, with my context in brackets:

"The recent film shoot [at the Palmer house] took place on October 7 & 9. There has not been more filming since then."
"Wednesday afternoon [October 9], they did film at a warehouse on Broadway, just south of Everett Avenue."
"They had a permit for using Pigeon Creek but did not end up using it- I think it was too rainy, if I recall correctly."
BGate
RR Diner Member

Re: Pre-release Leaks vs The Return

Post by BGate »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:We'll have to wait for LostInTheMovies to do his calculations, but it seems feasible to me that Watts had the second most screentime. Who are the other possibilities? I think only Ferrer and DKL himself maybe. Possibly Hawk?
I think it probably is Lynch (he has scenes without Ferrer but I don't think the reverse is true) which is incredible.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

BGate wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:We'll have to wait for LostInTheMovies to do his calculations, but it seems feasible to me that Watts had the second most screentime. Who are the other possibilities? I think only Ferrer and DKL himself maybe. Possibly Hawk?
I think it probably is Lynch (he has scenes without Ferrer but I don't think the reverse is true) which is incredible.
Albert has the short scene when he tracks Diane down at the pub. And I think the scene where he and Tammy talk about tulpas in Part 14. Cole and Albert feel pretty neck-and-neck to me.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Yep, you're right.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I love TR overall, but it's almost inconceivable that anything was cut! It feels so "kitchen sink" and unrestrained in terms of pacing and runtime. I really do hope there's a fifteen minute "Red" mini-movie/short, a Becky one, etc. on the Blu Ray; that would be so cool. But I kinda doubt it. It feels like we got almost everything. Whatever DKL did cut, I'd be interested to know why. It's possible he just wasn't happy with those particular scenes and may not want to release 'em at all?
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

frahm9 wrote:Some of you might remember the spoiler thread from back when the season was in production, with many pics, links and information.

And some of you might remember I had collected some of it and published it, before the thread was deleted.

I unpublished it once I was told Showtime was onto Arbogast, who knew a crew member and indulged us with information homeopathically. Unfortunately, I must have went too far and deleted his remarks and everything that wasn't about the Washington shoot, because I can't find them anymore.

But anyway, here it is again: https://medium.com/@frahm9/i-have-colle ... c3e468b871
Thanks. That brings back some memories. Seems to confirm that at least one scene with Shelly and Red was cut, the photo I remember, has been removed, but someone mentions them running out of the diner, and possible filming inside.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Merged the two threads as they were similar.

Also... proof that you can never truly delete anything off the internet:

https://web.archive.org/web/20161227032 ... 0&start=60

Feel free to bring back any photos or on set stories worth bringing back.
whoisalhedges
RR Diner Member

Post by whoisalhedges »

I talked to a waitress at the Black Dog diner and she mentioned them filming previously in the trailer park location. She also told me that apparently a detective character on the show is living there. Now, she didn’t seem very familiar with “Twin Peaks” so this may be a misunderstanding, but if true, it’s a very intriguing tidbit.
lol thinking this "detective" might very well have been one Mr. Cyril Pons....
Mace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mace »

Deep Thought wrote:I thiought this was interesting:
UnderTheSycamores: [Oct 07] Well I went over to the Palmer house and they are indeed in full shooting mode there today, all the cast, crew, and equipment trailers are lining a side street and I spotted a tent right in front of the house. Couldn’t get close as they had rent a cops posted at both ends. Thought it was worth an ask if I could walk through but was predictably told no. Got to walk past the cast/crew trailers on the way back and spotted ones labeled for Sarah, Richard [Beymer, Chamberlain, or character name?], and Hawk, and of course the Director, AD, and wardrobe ones as well.
Based on this:

Sarah = Grace Z.
Hawk = Michael H. (Shot scenes with Grace Z. in the day)
Richard = Kyle M. (Shot scenes at night with Sheryl L.)

(Speculation: I'm also wondering if the names "Richard & Linda" started out as code names for Cooper & Diane and then Lynch incorporated those names into the show.)
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

dugpa wrote:Merged the two threads as they were similar.

Also... proof that you can never truly delete anything off the internet:

https://web.archive.org/web/20161227032 ... 0&start=60

Feel free to bring back any photos or on set stories worth bringing back.
thank you. it is fascinating reading through this again. Back in september 2015 it is mentioned that Laura lives, and that there was an evil Coop. If only we realised at the time. :lol:
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

dugpa wrote:Feel free to bring back any photos or on set stories worth bringing back.
Nice! It's only going as far as page 80 for me, however. Can anyone go further?

Does anyone remember someone posting a pic of the Convenience Store part by part?
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

From Jerry Horne:
A local business owner told me that a film crew shot in the middle of the night of a man on a horse on train tracks removing and putting his hat on/off repeatedly. Unknown who was filming but there you go.
Whatever happened to this?

Nevermind. Looks like it was answered:
8. Filming of a man on horse at night a few nights ago in Snoqualmie is apparently NOT a part of Twin Peaks, but is for a band’s music video. Source: staff in giftshop of Salish Lodge
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Alright mtsi... you have some splainin' to do...

Also, I remember immediately writing off the dog leg, cocaine, and machine gun rumor at the time!

Also, someone was completely full of it about an Irish gang.

What else did or didn't pan out from that thread?
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

Someone (maybe it was Arbo idr) knew that Knepper and Belushi were playing gangster brothers in Vegas. Someone also said that James was working at the Great Northern. I also remember people knew about Jacoby and Nadine talking in front of the store. I don't know HOW but someone it became common knowledge Amanda Seyfried's character's name was Becky, but I remember hearing of that before even going on Dugpa.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Brad D wrote:Alright mtsi... you have some splainin' to do...

?
Most likely the person's scene did not make it into the final cut. We will have to wait for the deleted scenes to make a final judgment...
F*&^ you Gene Kelly