Does Judy's Dinner and everything after take place before the rest of S3

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

tmrbhtt

Does Judy's Dinner and everything after take place before the rest of S3

Post by tmrbhtt »

I haven't got a theory... Just a thought... I'm Re-watching ep 18 and contemplating a fan edit as is my nature and thinking of where the logical end could be and where I could place scenes to break up the narrative... I do this for fun and as a tool to break down so much richness contained in s3. I have re-edited FWWM and the missing pieces and it really opened up the film process and editing choices as well the magic of every scene having to view it sometimes on a frame by frame level.
anyway, Judy's Cafe and be placed before S3, all the way to the scream and jump back to coop in a chair talking to the fire man and being told about Richard and Linda and then back into the start of S3.... But something else occurred to me, is this dopplecoop, who is now thrust into this new narrative, where the rape of diane is different but still horrific and whose quest for coordinates has been replaced for this quest for laura.... Could this be dopplecoop very early on... Im just getting it all out my head, and hopefully those that a better at analysing ep 18, and s3 can guide my thoughts a little on this...
powerleftist
Roadhouse Member

Re: Does Judy's Dinner and everything after take place before the rest of S3

Post by powerleftist »

Why would Mr. C. care about the waitress? In fact, that ridiculous and time-wasting scene with the three cowboys is there to make clear that he is not the doppleganger.
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Re: Does Judy's Dinner and everything after take place before the rest of S3

Post by Framed_Angel »

For him & Carrie to have met and traveled to TWin Peaks then be greeted at the door by a Alice Tremond, then proceed with scenes showing Sarah in her house as usual, would not be congruent -- that's the first thing I thought of.