Part 18: something's bugging me...

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mystery Roach
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 18: something's bugging me...

Post by Mystery Roach »

There was only one room, and it did not match the exterior of the building they walked into to begin with. So if there was a time jump it had to have happened the moment they walked in, and I just don't see that being the case. I think it was more like the reality shifting when they walked in to that situation where they knew they had to play those roles. Cooper seems slightly perplexed by all the changes that are happening, from Diane/Linda's letter to Richard to the different car and building.
djsunyc wrote:correct me if i'm wrong...but in the first episode, we see laura telling coop in the red room that she'll see him again in 25 years.

then she says meanwhile...and presents with her hands...and we have the return.

is the return the "meanwhile" before we hit the 25 year mark?
I think you're reading too much into it. Mark Frost said he got the idea to do this series when he watched the final episode of original show, saw that moment and realized it had almost been that long in real life (meaning he didn't even remember that element of the show, which isn't surprising since he still doesn't seem to remember much else about it either, but I digress). Anyway I think they just put it at the beginning to remind the audience.