Poll: Do You Understand Now Why S.F. was pissed about her role in The Return?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Do you understand why Sherilyn Fenn was unhappy once she read the lines she was supposed to deliver?

Yes, I understand completely
49%
No, I do not understand. She had a great role in The Return.
51%

Total votes: 98
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Re: Poll: Do You Understand Now Why S.F. was pissed about her role in The Return?

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Agent Earle wrote:YAAAAWN.... Fenn and her groupies. Here we go again.
Don't see a single post here that would lead you to think that, and I'll speak for myself while we're here and let you know that I am in no way a groupie for anything or anyone.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Re: Poll: Do You Understand Now Why S.F. was pissed about her role in The Return?

Post by sylvia_north »

To paraphrase Norma, maybe Fenn is overreacting. But they're her reactions. And the hurt she feels is her hurt. And how she reacts is none of anyone's damn business.

Audrey was a tailor made character written FOR Fenn after DKL met her. How special is that? So how could she not take this revision as an affront? I don't think any of us have anything to compare that experience to.

I never saw the tweets, but I did hear she was steaming mad initially and I'm sympathetic. Her scenes are... not the best in TR, but hey at least she didn't get Annie'd. With time there will be perspective and peace, I hope.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
referendum
RR Diner Member

Post by referendum »

''let's not overthink this opportunity''
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

referendum wrote:well clark middleton was happy: http://tvline.com/2017/09/04/twin-peaks ... middleton/
I thought that he did a fantastic job. For a plotline that tested my patience when introduced (even though I liked the ambiance), it certainly became intriguing, especially as it seemed to relate to or mirror numerous other elements of The Return. Despite the bizarre nature of the situation, Charlie actually had a number of amusing lines, plus it was sooo late and he was sooo sleepy.
Mystery Roach
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mystery Roach »

One thing I can say is that throughout all of this Sherilyn Fenn has never had anything but praise for David Lynch, so I don't think her problem was with the role, but how she was treated by others behind the scenes. Nevertheless she's been very supportive of the show itself, and was even campaigning for another season.

For instance, a couple of days before those retweets, she tweeted this:

Praise to the maestro DKL[heart and party emojis]
Rolling Stone @RollingStone
#TwinPeaks' return wasn't just a masterpiece – it may be the most groundbreaking season of TV ever
Last edited by Mystery Roach on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Mr. Strawberry wrote:
Don't see a single post here that would lead you to think that, and I'll speak for myself while we're here and let you know that I am in no way a groupie for anything or anyone.
You misunderstood me: I was referring to the post of claa7, alerting us to Miss Fenn's recent activities on social media.
Peace, man :)
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

We don't really know why Fenn was holding out. She's unlikely to have seen a script much in advance - if at all - so it is more likely to have been about size of the role or money.

Actor's scale rates are available online. I imagine her scenes could have been filmed in a day, and if so it's possible her role would barely pay the rent for a month (although I don't claim to particularly understand the scales).
powerleftist
Roadhouse Member

Post by powerleftist »

Her twitter is slightly disturbing to me. I get uncomfortable with people who only talk about God and religion --I find it creepy.
PsychoFox
Roadhouse Member

Post by PsychoFox »

It's incredible the difference between the pain in the ass person SF seems to be when I read her tweets or her interviews, and the quality of her acting, especially in the return.

Still mad about her absence in the Miss Twin Peaks pagent opening danse :x
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

powerleftist wrote:Her twitter is slightly disturbing to me. I get uncomfortable with people who only talk about God and religion --I find it creepy.
Same here. It just rubs me the totally wrong way. Having seen oodles of flicks and read dozens of books dissecting religious nutsos in unfavorable way certainly doesn't help. :D
LodgeLove

Post by LodgeLove »

Lynch did give her "Audrey's Dance" I thought that was a great spotlight and tribute for the character and actress.
In my youth, I'm getting old...
Tailsun
Roadhouse Member

Post by Tailsun »

LodgeLove wrote:Lynch did give her "Audrey's Dance" I thought that was a great spotlight and tribute for the character and actress.
I didn't read it that way at all. I felt very heavy during that scene - the closest I can come to describing it is a feeling of dread. It was the moment when it became abundantly clear that Audrey was in fact "far away," at the end of her story feeling scared, disoriented, and out of control. There's a certain kind of beauty in it all to be sure, but I wouldn't necessarily describe it as a "great spotlight and tribute."
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

But that is a good thing because it is a story, and you want obstacles for your characters. If it was like Mike Nelson with a throwaway scene then maybe I'd take it as not a tribute. But then what about Cooper and Laura... they certainly didn't fare any better than Audrey, and clearly Lynch cares about them.

Now if this is the definitive end in Lynch and Frist's minds, I'd say maybe it's a little bleak and mean spirited to all their characters, but instead I view it as an ongoing story for these creators... and the best way for that is to always have your most beloved characters in peril.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Agent Earle wrote:
Mr. Strawberry wrote:
You misunderstood me: I was referring to the post of claa7, alerting us to Miss Fenn's recent activities on social media.
Peace, man :)
I think he was just posting them for context though. Peace!
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Sabrina Sutherland:
All actors were given their scenes before their deals were closed, so Amy knew of her role before being on set. The Fusco situation was different because David changed their names at the last moment.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."