Theresa Banks, timelines, and more

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

PsychoFox
Roadhouse Member

Re: Theresa Banks, timelines, and more

Post by PsychoFox »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Hmmm. I don't necessrily agree with your theory, but I'm intrigued by this. So, time in the Lodge being nonlinear, perhaps the Fireman doesn't "create" the Laura orb in Part 8 upon Judy's entrance into the world. Perhaps he instead recalls her into active duty, tearing her from the Lodge and sending her to some version of Earth as Carrie, a sleeper agent who needs to be reactivated.
In episode 8, when you look at the map, the golden orb is not going to Twin Peaks, Washington. It is going to Odessa, Texas.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

PsychoFox wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Hmmm. I don't necessrily agree with your theory, but I'm intrigued by this. So, time in the Lodge being nonlinear, perhaps the Fireman doesn't "create" the Laura orb in Part 8 upon Judy's entrance into the world. Perhaps he instead recalls her into active duty, tearing her from the Lodge and sending her to some version of Earth as Carrie, a sleeper agent who needs to be reactivated.
In episode 8, when you look at the map, the golden orb is not going to Twin Peaks, Washington. It is going to Odessa, Texas.
Very neat! I'll have to look for that.
PsychoFox
Roadhouse Member

Post by PsychoFox »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Very neat! I'll have to look for that.
Found on Reddit:
Attachments
Reddit.jpg
Reddit.jpg (268.44 KiB) Viewed 5555 times
RR Diner Member

Post by 4815162342 »

Looks to me likes that's somewhere in Kansas or Nebraska...
Doctor S

Post by Doctor S »

I was excited about this, but I just re-watched Part 8 and this is absolutely not meaningfully visible there. Even on a big screen TV, this image is tiny. But more than that - we cut away from the scene while the orb is still moving towards its final destination. It may be the case that the last part of the trajectory we see is somewhere over the central-southern part of North America, but we are given no indication that this is the end point of the arc and it is just as likely that the orb is heading to Washington.