What Did Laura Whisper?

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
yaxomoxay
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby yaxomoxay » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Gabriel wrote:‘I don’t know what the hell this series is about either, so just roll with it and think about the money!!’


“Anything to piss off Gabriel on dugpa” ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
TheAlien
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby TheAlien » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:52 pm

Rami Airola wrote:"David Lynch showed me his penis."
And then she describes what she saw in a very detailed manner.


:lol:
User avatar
tresojos
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:54 pm

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby tresojos » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 pm

dont forget youre here forever
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
User avatar
Saturn's child
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:38 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby Saturn's child » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:44 am

andmaggiemakesthree9.png
andmaggiemakesthree9.png (191.34 KiB) Viewed 2898 times
BGate
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 am

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby BGate » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:18 am

What I'd like to know, or what I would ask Sheryl if given the chance, is not what did she actually say (because they'll never tell us), but more just what the circumstances were. Like, did she actually say anything? Was it a line given to her on set by Lynch (this is my guess), or was it actually in the script? The latter would be a good question for Frost I suppose, wish I'd thought of that for his AMA.
User avatar
zeronumber
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: RE: Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby zeronumber » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:22 am

Saturn's child wrote:
andmaggiemakesthree9.png

(DO) n (/T) (FOR) get youre (HER) e forever.

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
User avatar
bowisneski
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:51 am

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby bowisneski » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:53 pm

For some reason, this popped in to my head while I was out for a walk and I can’t get it out so decided to post it

“You’ll find me at Judy’s”

My figuring is that led him to stop at Judy’s Diner, but she wasn’t there. Because he doesn’t find Laura at Judy’s Diner, he finds directions to Carrie. And even after he thinks he’s found Laura, he hasn’t because she hasn’t found herself.

Assuming that Sarah is inhabited by Judy, he finds Laura when her memories come flooding back at the former Palmer residence, now, in theory, Judy’s residence. So he finds Laura at Judy’s. It doesn’t make a difference in the grand scheme of things, just an idea that wouldn’t leave my head until I put it down.
LateReg
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby LateReg » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 pm

bowisneski wrote:For some reason, this popped in to my head while I was out for a walk and I can’t get it out so decided to post it

“You’ll find me at Judy’s”

My figuring is that led him to stop at Judy’s Diner, but she wasn’t there. Because he doesn’t find Laura at Judy’s Diner, he finds directions to Carrie. And even after he thinks he’s found Laura, he hasn’t because she hasn’t found herself.

Assuming that Sarah is inhabited by Judy, he finds Laura when her memories come flooding back at the former Palmer residence, now, in theory, Judy’s residence. So he finds Laura at Judy’s. It doesn’t make a difference in the grand scheme of things, just an idea that wouldn’t leave my head until I put it down.


That's interesting. Would Cooper make that shocked and gasping face upon hearing it though?
User avatar
Cappy
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:27 am

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby Cappy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:26 pm

My first thought was maybe she whispered something about not wanting to be saved, echoing Jacoby's epiphany in the original series about Laura 'allowing' herself to die.

But it might tie into something else I've been pondering. People have speculated about the linear (or non-linear) nature of Lodge spirits and their activities. In episode 8, we assume that the Fireman sending the golden Laura orb to Earth takes before the events of the series proper, and that the orb goes on to become Laura Palmer. But what if that scene took place after Laura died, and the Fireman was sending Laura's transcendent post-FWWM soul out into the world at no specific time?

Were that to be the case, who would her spirit be occupying? I'm going to guess agent Dale Cooper. It would explain their connection, and also Cooper's high intuitive prowess. Having Laura's pain and youth as a part of his spiritual DNA could also account for his general empathy for the suffering (Annie, Caroline, etc.), and also his unusual sunny disposition. Also the fact that he feels so immediately at home in Twin Peaks, even pondering buying a home their after a couple of days.

Maybe saving Laura from death undid a part of Cooper's own soul, leaving him as the dry and humorless Richard of episode 18. If Mr. C and Dougie are both parts of Cooper's being that all have to be integrated into a whole, then perhaps Laura Palmer is the biggest part of that equation. Cooper's quest to save Laura is ultimately a quest to save himself, one that he has to lose in order to be whole. If this is what Laura was trying to tell him, then that might account for why he reacted the way he did.

Edit: Also, the second time The Giant visits Cooper in Season 2 Episode 1, a golden glow effect moves between the two in Coop's direction. If Cooper had just been shot, and he had the Laura orb in him, wouldn't he need some spirit to come along and help him keep her, a la The Woodsmen helping keep the BOB orb in Mr. C in Season 3 episode 8? Maybe the Giant's intervention helped Cooper survive the shooting itself, and maybe he also helped Coop survive being stabbed by Wyndham Earle in Pittsburgh.
User avatar
bowisneski
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:51 am

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby bowisneski » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 am

LateReg wrote:
bowisneski wrote:For some reason, this popped in to my head while I was out for a walk and I can’t get it out so decided to post it

“You’ll find me at Judy’s”

My figuring is that led him to stop at Judy’s Diner, but she wasn’t there. Because he doesn’t find Laura at Judy’s Diner, he finds directions to Carrie. And even after he thinks he’s found Laura, he hasn’t because she hasn’t found herself.

Assuming that Sarah is inhabited by Judy, he finds Laura when her memories come flooding back at the former Palmer residence, now, in theory, Judy’s residence. So he finds Laura at Judy’s. It doesn’t make a difference in the grand scheme of things, just an idea that wouldn’t leave my head until I put it down.


That's interesting. Would Cooper make that shocked and gasping face upon hearing it though?

Good point, that didn't even cross my mind. Hazarding a guess though, it would be Cooper's fear that Laura would be found with Judy - the evil entity he was seeking to destroy.

In the end, that was more food for thought that was stuck in my craw. My real belief is she told him that he's never leaving the lodge. I feel like that fits better with the fact that the first time Laura ever saw Cooper was in a dream of the Lodge and we saw Cooper merge back in to the Lodge multiple times throughout the season. I think that once you're in the Lodge you're essentially there for eternity and will eventually become like Phillip Jeffries.
User avatar
bowisneski
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:51 am

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby bowisneski » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:15 am

Cappy wrote:My first thought was maybe she whispered something about not wanting to be saved, echoing Jacoby's epiphany in the original series about Laura 'allowing' herself to die.

But it might tie into something else I've been pondering. People have speculated about the linear (or non-linear) nature of Lodge spirits and their activities. In episode 8, we assume that the Fireman sending the golden Laura orb to Earth takes before the events of the series proper, and that the orb goes on to become Laura Palmer. But what if that scene took place after Laura died, and the Fireman was sending Laura's transcendent post-FWWM soul out into the world at no specific time?

That's an interesting thought. Instead of no specific time though, what if it's a specific place in space time? What if the orb creation sequence takes place "concurrently" with Cooper seeing Laura get ripped from the Lodge, and The Fireman deposits her in "the past" to grow up in over there Odessa? We do see The Fireman still floating in the same position when Mr. C arrives in the Home by the Sea.
LateReg
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby LateReg » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:19 am

Cappy wrote:My first thought was maybe she whispered something about not wanting to be saved, echoing Jacoby's epiphany in the original series about Laura 'allowing' herself to die.

But it might tie into something else I've been pondering. People have speculated about the linear (or non-linear) nature of Lodge spirits and their activities. In episode 8, we assume that the Fireman sending the golden Laura orb to Earth takes before the events of the series proper, and that the orb goes on to become Laura Palmer. But what if that scene took place after Laura died, and the Fireman was sending Laura's transcendent post-FWWM soul out into the world at no specific time?

Were that to be the case, who would her spirit be occupying? I'm going to guess agent Dale Cooper. It would explain their connection, and also Cooper's high intuitive prowess. Having Laura's pain and youth as a part of his spiritual DNA could also account for his general empathy for the suffering (Annie, Caroline, etc.), and also his unusual sunny disposition. Also the fact that he feels so immediately at home in Twin Peaks, even pondering buying a home their after a couple of days.

Maybe saving Laura from death undid a part of Cooper's own soul, leaving him as the dry and humorless Richard of episode 18. If Mr. C and Dougie are both parts of Cooper's being that all have to be integrated into a whole, then perhaps Laura Palmer is the biggest part of that equation. Cooper's quest to save Laura is ultimately a quest to save himself, one that he has to lose in order to be whole. If this is what Laura was trying to tell him, then that might account for why he reacted the way he did.

Edit: Also, the second time The Giant visits Cooper in Season 2 Episode 1, a golden glow effect moves between the two in Coop's direction. If Cooper had just been shot, and he had the Laura orb in him, wouldn't he need some spirit to come along and help him keep her, a la The Woodsmen helping keep the BOB orb in Mr. C in Season 3 episode 8? Maybe the Giant's intervention helped Cooper survive the shooting itself, and maybe he also helped Coop survive being stabbed by Wyndham Earle in Pittsburgh.


Hot damn that's interesting! Cooper having to fail in his quest to save Laura in order to be whole also totally fits with the notion that Cooper's flaw is that he keeps trying to save the girl. Letting go of that hero complex is supposedly what he needs to do.
User avatar
trismegistus
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby trismegistus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:57 pm

I’ll just let Laurie Anderson speak for me on this one.

User avatar
Cappy
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:27 am

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby Cappy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:07 am

bowisneski wrote:That's an interesting thought. Instead of no specific time though, what if it's a specific place in space time? What if the orb creation sequence takes place "concurrently" with Cooper seeing Laura get ripped from the Lodge, and The Fireman deposits her in "the past" to grow up in over there Odessa? We do see The Fireman still floating in the same position when Mr. C arrives in the Home by the Sea.


I'm leaning in that direction more and more. I just noticed that the gold orb sequence seems to end with the orb flying over the Texas area...
User avatar
Mr. Strawberry
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Nevada City, CA
Contact:

Re: What Did Laura Whisper?

Postby Mr. Strawberry » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Your Soul has been utterly annihilated.

In this context, the trial that Dale underwent as he confronted his Shadow Self in the Red Room and the resulting failure to show perfect courage meant the destruction of his Soul. He is now a Denizen of the Lodge (or a Dweller on the Threshold, as it were) just as Laura is.
Not taking any calls.

Return to “Season 3 (2017) The Return (Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests