I think I found the Origin of the Superimposed Coop

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

I think I found the Origin of the Superimposed Coop

Post by krishnanspace »

After the lights go out in the Sheriff Station,we get a clear image of the Superimposed Coop.He is not in the Red Room as the background is something that is Black in color.Later Coop meets Jeffries and he tells him about Feb 23,1989 and Jeffries tells him to "Remember".Coop closes his eyes.Next scene he is in FWWM.What I think happened was that Cooper never Physically Time Travelled.All of it was just going on in his head.I feel it was the Coop who closed his eyes and remembered Feb 23 who said "We Live Inside a Dream".Both the images have the Same background which leads me to conclude the above.What do you Tweakers think?
Here are the screenshots:

https://m.imgur.com/a/zRPB8

Also
When Jeffries vanished in 1988 and appeared in 86 the Vfx suggests he physically Time Traveled,like the smoke and blackening of the walls behind him,plus his lips were bleeding because of the time traveling.Here with Coop,the Vfx suggests like its just a projection of Coop who was there.The same Vfx was also used in Remember 430 scene in the beginning ,which suggested it was a Projection of Cooper we are seeing.When Andy also visited the Fireman he Physically vanished from Jack Rabbits place and went to the Firemans place.If Cooper actually (Physically)Time Traveled from Jeffries's place Lynch could have used the same Vfx they used when Andy vanished or in Part 15 when Mr.C is transported from the Convenience Store.No Vfx or Editing Tricks were used.Just Coop closing his eyes and "Remembering".
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: I think I found the Origin of the Superimposed Coop

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:After the lights go out in the Sheriff Station,we get a clear image of the Superimposed Coop.He is not in the Red Room as the background is something that is Black in color.Later Coop meets Jeffries and he tells him about Feb 23,1989 and Jeffries tells him to "Remember".Coop closes his eyes.Next scene he is in FWWM.What I think happened was that Cooper never Physically Time Travelled.All of it was just going on in his head.I feel it was the Coop who closed his eyes and remembered Feb 23 who said "We Live Inside a Dream".Both the images have the Same background which leads me to conclude the above.What do you Tweakers think?
Here are the screenshots:https://imgur.com/a/zRPB8

Also
When Jeffries vanished in 1988 and appeared in 86 the Vfx suggests he physically Time Traveled,like the smoke and blackening of the walls behind him,plus his lips were bleeding because of the time traveling.Here with Coop,the Vfx suggests like its just a projection of Coop who was there.The same Vfx was also used in Remember 430 scene in the beginning ,which suggested it was a Projection of Cooper we are seeing.When Andy also visited the Fireman he Physically vanished from Jack Rabbits place and went to the Firemans place.If Cooper actually (Physically)Time Traveled from Jeffries's place Lynch could have used the same Vfx they used when Andy vanished or in Part 15 when Mr.C is transported from the Convenience Store.No Vfx or Editing Tricks were used.Just Coop closing his eyes and "Remembering".
Great catch. I agree that one interpretation is that Cooper's physical body never time travels, he mentally projects himself into the past (and also into the 'white lodge' at the beginning of the show).

Of course, then we have to explain, if Cooper's superimposed face is not from him inside the Black Lodge, how he suddenly appears in the Black Lodge after Laura disappears? Is it because by saving Laura that he negated his escape from the Black Lodge as Dougie?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Re: I think I found the Origin of the Superimposed Coop

Post by eyeboogers »

You trying this back into the events of Feb 23,1989 makes me reconsider that moment Cooper gets stuck in time.
What if it is somehow all about that moment when Jeffries passes by from the elevator and we see Cooper still standing there on the monitors.
Just like in ep17 we have one Cooper moving and one Cooper frozen. What if that person stuck in 1989 is the only real Cooper and everything else is the dream.

I haven't fully thought this through yet.