New Stand-alone Parts of Twin Peaks?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Poiuyt
Roadhouse Member

Re: New Stand-alone Parts of Twin Peaks?

Post by Poiuyt »

i'd be cool with a "twin peaks tales" kind of thing, but it seems more like something frost would be into directing than lynch
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I would love the secret history to be made into a series/movie
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

krishnanspace wrote:I would love the secret history to be made into a series/movie
I would also love this! Young Dougie Milford is so awesome, Frost made that character so interesting. Love him in the audiobook especially :)

Apparently there's been plans in the past by people to make a TV series based on Jack Parsons' life, clearly it hasn't happened yet but I would definitely watch it! Maybe if it finally does happen they can get Mark Frost involved...
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Qubism wrote:.... this bit of the interview has some things to say about the artist's motivation and I think much of it could apply to what we saw in The Return:
Great quote Qubism, I very much agree with you. Also makes me want to dig back into the collection & play some Sylvian, hehe
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

So, you want to talk about Mr Teapot?

Did ye know that Phillip means "lover of horses?"
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Poiuyt wrote:i'd be cool with a "twin peaks tales" kind of thing, but it seems more like something frost would be into directing than lynch
Frankly, a lot of The Return felt like a series of separate ‘Twin Peaks Tales’ haphazardly intertwined, so why not do some more random shorts?
Poiuyt
Roadhouse Member

Post by Poiuyt »

Gabriel wrote:
Poiuyt wrote:i'd be cool with a "twin peaks tales" kind of thing, but it seems more like something frost would be into directing than lynch
Frankly, a lot of The Return felt like a series of separate ‘Twin Peaks Tales’ haphazardly intertwined, so why not do some more random shorts?
I meant more like a real anthology. As scattershot as it sometimes was, the new series did more or less follow a chronology from point A to Z, with a lot of jumbling and bouncing around in between.

An anthology format similar to Black Mirror would mean each episode or part tells a complete story with little to no overlap.