Tom Sizemore accused of molesting 11yo

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

mtwentz

Re: Tom Sizemore accused of molesting 11yo

Postby mtwentz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Deep Thought wrote:
Esselgee wrote:Also, now Robert Knepper (Rodney Mitchum) is up to 5 women accusing him of sexual harassment/assault.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/four-more-women-accuse-actor-robert-knepper-sexual-misconduct-1064277

It seems the incident from 2010 is straight up rape. Unfortunately cases that old are hard to prosecute. What a disturbing account!

Terrible. Neither of these guys is going to get work in Hollywood again. And they shouldn't.

Edit: Sizemore still might get work if the accusations against him do not hold up.
ThumbsUp

Postby ThumbsUp » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:58 pm

mtwentz wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:
Esselgee wrote:Also, now Robert Knepper (Rodney Mitchum) is up to 5 women accusing him of sexual harassment/assault.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/four-more-women-accuse-actor-robert-knepper-sexual-misconduct-1064277

It seems the incident from 2010 is straight up rape. Unfortunately cases that old are hard to prosecute. What a disturbing account!

Terrible. Neither of these guys is going to get work in Hollywood again. And they shouldn't.

Edit: Sizemore still might get work if the accusations against him do not hold up.

Oh god, just now seeing this. Awful.
IcedOver

Postby IcedOver » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:19 pm

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2 ... lock-hunt/

Interesting article on how this whole fad/witch hunt is going too far. Knepper was right to say what he did. Careers are being destroyed on mere accusation, and that should be concerning to anybody.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Agent Earle

Postby Agent Earle » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:13 am

Yeah. It's a little bit too close to a fad/witch hunt for comfort, that's for sure. At a first sign of the moral panic, I'm off the bus - and there's been more than a few.
sylvia_north

Postby sylvia_north » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:40 pm

IcedOver wrote:https://www.the-american-interest.com/2017/12/06/the-warlock-hunt/

Interesting article on how this whole fad/witch hunt is going too far. Knepper was right to say what he did. Careers are being destroyed on mere accusation, and that should be concerning to anybody.

Yuck what’s with that male reversal on this neocon garbage website? Down to using the word “warlock.” We all know how few men were killed in the witch hunts.The ones that were were associated with accused women. There has never been any such thing as a ‘warlock hunt’ smdh.

You do realize the guys are the ones f—king up here. They are not the victims. Not even a little. Cry me a river.

People are encouraged to come forward because of strength in numbers. That’s what you’re seeing. Just watched The Keepers on Netflix about more Catholic priest pedophiles and conspiracies of silence, and how the impossible burdens of proof on the vulnerable ones protect predators.

I posted this on the gender thread but Amber Tamblyn has been solid on the topic.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/opin ... f-men.html
i .. am .. not ... your... foot
IcedOver

Postby IcedOver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:09 pm

sylvia_north wrote:Yuck what’s with that male reversal on this neocon garbage website? Down to using the word “warlock.” We all know how few men were killed in the witch hunts.The ones that were were associated with accused women. There has never been any such thing as a ‘warlock hunt’ smdh.

You do realize the guys are the ones f—king up here. They are not the victims. Not even a little. Cry me a river.

People are encouraged to come forward because of strength in numbers. That’s what you’re seeing. Just watched The Keepers on Netflix about more Catholic priest pedophiles and conspiracies of silence, and how the impossible burdens of proof on the vulnerable ones protect predators.

I posted this on the gender thread but Amber Tamblyn has been solid on the topic.

That Tamblyn article is the most offensive thing I've read in a while. So a lewd joke, a casual tap on the ass 20 years ago, a sext (and all without context of the situation or the burden to prove anything) is lumped in with rape? How absurd. The ones who are at fault are companies yielding to this "pressure"; accusers are just going along with the herd/fad mentality/insanity (yay, victimhood is easy!). The upside is that fads such as this and the "occupy" idiocy wither away. However, what's left behind with this won't be rat infested and shit-strewn parklets; it'll be men who did nothing that bad or nothing bad at all permanently branded.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
IcedOver

Postby IcedOver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:12 pm

IcedOver wrote:
sylvia_north wrote:Yuck what’s with that male reversal on this neocon garbage website? Down to using the word “warlock.” We all know how few men were killed in the witch hunts.The ones that were were associated with accused women. There has never been any such thing as a ‘warlock hunt’ smdh.

That Tamblyn article is the most offensive thing I've read in a while. So a lewd joke, a casual tap on the ass 20 years ago, a sext (and all without context of the situation or the burden to prove anything) is lumped in with rape or Weinstein-like behavior? How absurd. The ones who are at fault are companies yielding to this "pressure"; accusers are just going along with the herd/fad mentality/insanity (yay, victimhood is easy!). The upside is that fads such as this and the "occupy" idiocy wither away. However, what's left behind with this won't be rat infested and shit-strewn parklets; it'll be men who did nothing that bad or nothing bad at all permanently branded.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Deep Thought

Postby Deep Thought » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:57 pm

In the span of a couple of weeks, what had been openly tolerated and condoned on just about every level of society has now become worse than criminal, it's "meta-criminal." No one has directed this kind of disgust at say, Martha Stewart for breaking serious laws, and she was sent to prison. Mario Batali is being "erased" from existence for being a lout, and he's never even been accused of a felony. If someone who knows Mario Batali can tell me they haven't known and sniggered about his very frequent and public "slips of the hand" for decades I would figure it must be either his mother or his priest. But now there is a pox on all louts! No grandfather clause for the legacy generation. What was once a hard slap in the face is now a communal shaming and banishment. And poor Garrison Keel. . . uh what was his name again. Poof!

Paul Reubens is now a saint by comparison, as at least he had the decency to fondle his own genitals.
"E.g." means "for example". What I think you want to say is "i.e.".

Return to “Season 3 (2017) The Return (Spoilers)”