Part Zero - The Sound Of Death; Doors Opening

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Qubism
Roadhouse Member
Location: Another Place - Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by Qubism »

Coming soon:

TWIN PEAKS: THE RETURN - AN UNLIMITED EVENT SERIES

Phillip Jeffries is in trouble in the woods around Twin Peaks.

“What year is this?”

“2003...?”

Phillip Is looking for something. He is on his hands and knees digging in the dirt.
He has a ring. He has a watch. A pool of some liquid appears.
Phillip's doppelganger appears. The doppelganger sounds different. The doppelganger has an English accent. After a terrible deed, he tells us something then makes his way from Twin Peaks to New York.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Words - David Bowie 2003
All original visual footage directed by Steve Lippman aka FLIP
stevelippman.com

Music in Part Zero:

The Chair – Angelo Badalamenti 2017

In My Life – Moby 1996

Shanghai Mysterioso – Dean Hurley 2017
Qubism
Roadhouse Member
Location: Another Place - Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Re: Part Zero - The Sound Of Death; Doors Opening

Post by Qubism »

This was previously posted on youtube and was taken down in less than 24 hours (Thanks a bunch CBS).

I do not own the copyright of any of the visual or audio material. I do not intend to try to profit from this in any way. It was made by necessity out of love for Twin Peaks and David Bowie. It's just for fun, partly abstract (so don't complain!) but there is some narrative and just two lines of speech.

What you see is what you get. It is what it is. There's no such thing as closure...

Because this may be banned again, I will post a link on Sunday 26th November 2017 at 1 minute to midnight, Greenwich Mean Time. This gives anyone interested advanced warning in the hope that they will be able to download it before it disappears.

I would love David Lynch and Mark Frost to see this and hopefully not be massively offended by it's creation. The thing is I didn't create anything new, all the material was pre-existing. My only contribution is editing (rough as it is) and re-purposing. It just seemed like a perfect bit of Twin Peaks story that went missing, a bit like Phillip Jeffries himself!
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Thanks for the heads up Qubism; I for one will be tuning in when the stars align. :)
Qubism
Roadhouse Member

Post by Qubism »

... I can hear some things...

...the beating of wings...

Seriously if I do this right, if people click the link I think you will be able to play it (stream it?) or download it.

It is 1.52GB, 14 minutes 51 seconds in full HD (I think) but most of it is from a 480p source so God knows what the computer has done to it resolution wise :-)

Most of it you just have to experience (a bit like season 3 so maybe the profoundly disappointed group will not enjoy... but something definitely happens, so I think it's worth a look)

I reckon everybody should download so then maybe we can spread it around, alert reddit, tweet about it, see if we can kick up a fuss :-)

Also if anyone downloads it and wants to upload it anywhere else, feel free, just expect someone to do a take down soonish after.

Cheers
Qubism
Roadhouse Member

Post by Qubism »

Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Nice work!! :D I've been pretty flat-out the past few days (am now having a few drinks with Mary-Jane, thank the Fireman) but am very glad that I was still able to catch this before the relevant authority pulled it down. Love the contrast between the trees/woods & the city. & excellent choice of music. I was not aware of the Bowie footage you sourced, so everything was fresh to me, which was very nice. Qudos Qubism, I applaud your efforts!!
Qubism
Roadhouse Member

Post by Qubism »

Glad you like it. I honestly wonder what Bowie was thinking about when he filmed the original stuff in the woods. Shame we can't ask him. I wonder if the woods were Bowie's idea or the director, FLIP? (It's crazy for me the coincidences involved in the original and how well it seems to fit in to a Missing Piece of Twin Peaks, even the directors name FLIP seems like an abbreviation of Filip!!!!! - phillip....)

I've said I was gutted by Bowie's death many times before and selfishly I thought "no more new Bowie stuff!". After a while I realised that we couldn't ask for much more from one man. So much music, the films, the live shows/TV appearances, videos. I started to realise that although I had most of Bowie's albums there was tons of stuff I had never heard/seen before. The most unbelievable thing for me was realising that Bowie did one track with Angelo Badalamenti! I honestly nearly died when I came across it.

It was a cover version of an old song called A Foggy Day In London Town:
"A Foggy Day" is a popular song composed by George Gershwin, with lyrics by Ira Gershwin, introduced by Fred Astaire in the 1937 film A Damsel in Distress. It was originally titled "A Foggy Day (In London Town)" in reference to the pollution-induced pea soup fogs that were common in London during that period, and is often still referred to by the full title."-wikipedia.

Bowie & Badalamenti (doesn't that sound great? wish we had a whole album from the pair of them!) did their version for Red Hot + Rhapsody: The Gershwin Groove in 1998

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hot_% ... win_Groove

It's actually titled Suite for a foggy day and Angelo had the balls to incorporate 2 of his own compositions, "Overcast” and “The Rainbow,” into George Gershwin’s music!
This is defo worth a read on, ahem, another Twin Peaks website. (you mean there are others????)
http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/music/dav ... ndon-town/
TheAlien
RR Diner Member

Post by TheAlien »

Woah!! :shock:

I came across this on reddit and thought it was real (even though visually it felt more like Stan Brakhage - Lynch trying a new style?)

That amazing thought did occur "Lynch shot this with Bowie and intentionally waited till now to release it??? Season four!!!"

But even that it's not, I really enjoyed this. Thank you :D
For I am I: ergo, the truth of myself; my own sphinx, conflict, chaos, vortex—asymmetric to all rhythms, oblique to all paths. I am the prism between black and white: mine own unison in duality.
― Austin Osman Spare