Kyle MacLachlan sounding far less optimistic about more Twin Peaks

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Kyle MacLachlan sounding far less optimistic about more Twin Peaks

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:08 pm

I imagine that now, even DKL and Mark being seen in public together (they had their preliminary conversations for this show at Musso & Frank’s) would immediately become entertainment news fodder and lead to rampant speculation. The scrutiny would be much higher for a new season from the get-go, now that we know it’s a possibility and are watching for hints.
Mulberryspark
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Re: Kyle MacLachlan sounding far less optimistic about more Twin Peaks

Postby Mulberryspark » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 pm

If it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. It's all about how the fish bite.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Kyle MacLachlan sounding far less optimistic about more Twin Peaks

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Mulberryspark wrote:If it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. It's all about how the fish bite.


That’s pretty much how I always felt about the original series continuing as well. Episode 29 was a great ending to me (even though I know DKL has said he felt differently). Part 18 is a great ending. I think L/F honestly have no clue if more will happen. If they get the right idea, I’m there. If not, I’m happier with just what we currently have than them forcing new material half-heartedly to make Showtime happy or make an easy buck.
Agent Earle
Posts: 790
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:55 am

Re: Kyle MacLachlan sounding far less optimistic about more Twin Peaks

Postby Agent Earle » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 am

Meh. The way I'm feeling right now - and have been since the summer ended, basically -, I couldn't care less if it goes one way or the other. As far as I'm concerned, if The Return succeeded in anything, it was in turning off my practically life-long craving for more things Twin Peaks. Who'd have thought that could happen - I certainly wouldn't. The fact is, when you don't know what you're going to get with each new iteration of the original thing you once loved for very particular reasons, when those very reasons have been trampled in the mud by succeeding iteration(s), why would you want to keep coming back for more - particularly since its creators themselves couldn't have demonstrated more clearly they have zero interest in doing more, just a whole new thing, so to speak. Anyway, I'll continue to have very fond memories of the original and expect I'll be returning to it on a regular basis like I did in the past (that'll be my The Return :) ), will keep one eye on the Peaks developments (just because it's so hard of letting go of the old habits) but will be searching my "continuing story" fix (I've always been a TV junkie and nowadays, I actually prefer the medium to that of film) elsewhere. Luckily, there are plenty of quality shows to watch and re-watch, since we're living in the TV Golden Age for a couple of decades now and it doesn't show any signs of waning anytime soon. Right now, I'm 20 episodes short of reaching the conclusion of Boardwalk Empire - now that's a good show!
User avatar
yaxomoxay
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: Kyle MacLachlan sounding far less optimistic about more Twin Peaks

Postby yaxomoxay » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:57 am

Agent Earle wrote:Meh. The way I'm feeling right now - and have been since the summer ended, basically -, I couldn't care less if it goes one way or the other. As far as I'm concerned, if The Return succeeded in anything, it was in turning off my practically life-long craving for more things Twin Peaks. Who'd have thought that could happen - I certainly wouldn't. The fact is, when you don't know what you're going to get with each new iteration of the original thing you once loved for very particular reasons, when those very reasons have been trampled in the mud by succeeding iteration(s), why would you want to keep coming back for more - particularly since its creators themselves couldn't have demonstrated more clearly they have zero interest in doing more, just a whole new thing, so to speak. Anyway, I'll continue to have very fond memories of the original and expect I'll be returning to it on a regular basis like I did in the past (that'll be my The Return :) ), will keep one eye on the Peaks developments (just because it's so hard of letting go of the old habits) but will be searching my "continuing story" fix (I've always been a TV junkie and nowadays, I actually prefer the medium to that of film) elsewhere. Luckily, there are plenty of quality shows to watch and re-watch, since we're living in the TV Golden Age for a couple of decades now and it doesn't show any signs of waning anytime soon. Right now, I'm 20 episodes short of reaching the conclusion of Boardwalk Empire - now that's a good show!


As much as we disagree on TPTR, I am very very glad to read that your love for the original series is untainted. So, cheers my friend.

As for me - don’t ask me why - I am binge watching NCIS. I am S2 so I have about 13 seasons left to watch. Again, don’t ask me why!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
krishnanspace
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 am

Re: Kyle MacLachlan sounding far less optimistic about more Twin Peaks

Postby krishnanspace » Mon May 07, 2018 12:35 am

IcedOver wrote:What would they do in any follow-up?


One important clue that I feel is important was Laura's Fourth Diary Page that seems to be missing.There was no need to mention that as it did not come up again.I think Lynch and Frost planted lot of these story-points for a possible continuation if it ever happened.If a fourth season happened , they could make the 4th diary page to contain anything that they wanted for the plot to move forward.
User avatar
eyeboogers
Posts: 424
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: Kyle MacLachlan sounding far less optimistic about more Twin Peaks

Postby eyeboogers » Mon May 07, 2018 6:45 am

krishnanspace wrote:
IcedOver wrote:What would they do in any follow-up?


One important clue that I feel is important was Laura's Fourth Diary Page that seems to be missing.There was no need to mention that as it did not come up again.I think Lynch and Frost planted lot of these story-points for a possible continuation if it ever happened.If a fourth season happened , they could make the 4th diary page to contain anything that they wanted for the plot to move forward.


There are certainly many story-strands to pick back up, in terms of that one I think the main theory was that particular missing piece of paper is what the name "Carrie Page"/carry page was somehow related to.

Return to “Season 3 (2017) The Return (Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob Rice, Cappy and 14 guests