Kyle MacLachlan sounding far less optimistic about more Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Kyle MacLachlan sounding far less optimistic about more Twin Peaks

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I imagine that now, even DKL and Mark being seen in public together (they had their preliminary conversations for this show at Musso & Frank’s) would immediately become entertainment news fodder and lead to rampant speculation. The scrutiny would be much higher for a new season from the get-go, now that we know it’s a possibility and are watching for hints.
Mulberryspark

Post by Mulberryspark »

If it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. It's all about how the fish bite.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mulberryspark wrote:If it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. It's all about how the fish bite.
That’s pretty much how I always felt about the original series continuing as well. Episode 29 was a great ending to me (even though I know DKL has said he felt differently). Part 18 is a great ending. I think L/F honestly have no clue if more will happen. If they get the right idea, I’m there. If not, I’m happier with just what we currently have than them forcing new material half-heartedly to make Showtime happy or make an easy buck.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Meh. The way I'm feeling right now - and have been since the summer ended, basically -, I couldn't care less if it goes one way or the other. As far as I'm concerned, if The Return succeeded in anything, it was in turning off my practically life-long craving for more things Twin Peaks. Who'd have thought that could happen - I certainly wouldn't. The fact is, when you don't know what you're going to get with each new iteration of the original thing you once loved for very particular reasons, when those very reasons have been trampled in the mud by succeeding iteration(s), why would you want to keep coming back for more - particularly since its creators themselves couldn't have demonstrated more clearly they have zero interest in doing more, just a whole new thing, so to speak. Anyway, I'll continue to have very fond memories of the original and expect I'll be returning to it on a regular basis like I did in the past (that'll be my The Return :) ), will keep one eye on the Peaks developments (just because it's so hard of letting go of the old habits) but will be searching my "continuing story" fix (I've always been a TV junkie and nowadays, I actually prefer the medium to that of film) elsewhere. Luckily, there are plenty of quality shows to watch and re-watch, since we're living in the TV Golden Age for a couple of decades now and it doesn't show any signs of waning anytime soon. Right now, I'm 20 episodes short of reaching the conclusion of Boardwalk Empire - now that's a good show!
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Agent Earle wrote:Meh. The way I'm feeling right now - and have been since the summer ended, basically -, I couldn't care less if it goes one way or the other. As far as I'm concerned, if The Return succeeded in anything, it was in turning off my practically life-long craving for more things Twin Peaks. Who'd have thought that could happen - I certainly wouldn't. The fact is, when you don't know what you're going to get with each new iteration of the original thing you once loved for very particular reasons, when those very reasons have been trampled in the mud by succeeding iteration(s), why would you want to keep coming back for more - particularly since its creators themselves couldn't have demonstrated more clearly they have zero interest in doing more, just a whole new thing, so to speak. Anyway, I'll continue to have very fond memories of the original and expect I'll be returning to it on a regular basis like I did in the past (that'll be my The Return :) ), will keep one eye on the Peaks developments (just because it's so hard of letting go of the old habits) but will be searching my "continuing story" fix (I've always been a TV junkie and nowadays, I actually prefer the medium to that of film) elsewhere. Luckily, there are plenty of quality shows to watch and re-watch, since we're living in the TV Golden Age for a couple of decades now and it doesn't show any signs of waning anytime soon. Right now, I'm 20 episodes short of reaching the conclusion of Boardwalk Empire - now that's a good show!
As much as we disagree on TPTR, I am very very glad to read that your love for the original series is untainted. So, cheers my friend.

As for me - don’t ask me why - I am binge watching NCIS. I am S2 so I have about 13 seasons left to watch. Again, don’t ask me why!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

IcedOver wrote:What would they do in any follow-up?
One important clue that I feel is important was Laura's Fourth Diary Page that seems to be missing.There was no need to mention that as it did not come up again.I think Lynch and Frost planted lot of these story-points for a possible continuation if it ever happened.If a fourth season happened , they could make the 4th diary page to contain anything that they wanted for the plot to move forward.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

krishnanspace wrote:
IcedOver wrote:What would they do in any follow-up?
One important clue that I feel is important was Laura's Fourth Diary Page that seems to be missing.There was no need to mention that as it did not come up again.I think Lynch and Frost planted lot of these story-points for a possible continuation if it ever happened.If a fourth season happened , they could make the 4th diary page to contain anything that they wanted for the plot to move forward.
There are certainly many story-strands to pick back up, in terms of that one I think the main theory was that particular missing piece of paper is what the name "Carrie Page"/carry page was somehow related to.