What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What chance do you think there is we will see a season 4?

Very unlikely
13%
Unlikely
32%
50/50
35%
Likely
12%
Very likely
7%

Total votes: 82
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Post by Jonah »

I voted likely, but I'm really not sure. I have a feeling they might already be writing it or planning it and we may even get an announcement soon. But I could also see it never materialising. I'm not sure. I still have mixed feelings about S3, but I would like to see a Season 4, preferably one that picks up from Part 18 and follows Cooper and Laura (Carrie Page). I'd love to see that explored more. Not necessarily answered, but explored. It's an intriguing starting point for a new season and in many ways a fresh reboot that has endless possibilities for the directions they could go. I had longed for a more nostalgic S3, but given that we didn't really get that (or much of that), I don't have those same expectations for a S4 (it would be a welcome bonus to revisit old characters and settings, though) or really any expectations beyond continuing from the point where they left it in Part 18. I don't really mind if certain mysteries aren't followed up on (such as Audrey, etc.) but if they did decide to follow up on them, I think that would be cool too. But mainly I want to see more, despite loving the original series more than the revival, I'd still like to see more.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

Jonah wrote:I voted likely, but I'm really not sure. I have a feeling they might already be writing it or planning it and we may even get an announcement soon. But I could also see it never materialising. I'm not sure. I still have mixed feelings about S3, but I would like to see a Season 4, preferably one that picks up from Part 18 and follows Cooper and Laura (Carrie Page). I'd love to see that explored more. Not necessarily answered, but explored. It's an intriguing starting point for a new season and in many ways a fresh reboot that has endless possibilities for the directions they could go. I had longed for a more nostalgic S3, but given that we didn't really get that (or much of that), I don't have those same expectations for a S4 (it would be a welcome bonus to revisit old characters and settings, though) or really any expectations beyond continuing from the point where they left it in Part 18. I don't really mind if certain mysteries aren't followed up on (such as Audrey, etc.) but if they did decide to follow up on them, I think that would be cool too. But mainly I want to see more, despite loving the original series more than the revival, I'd still like to see more.
I just finished my rewatch of the Blu-rays from the 3rd season last night and I feel exactly the same way as you do Jonah( the only difference is that I like the new series a little bit better than the old one).
I'm probably in the minority with my opinion but for me the last episode (part 18) is my favorite part of the whole show and of course I also would like to see more.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Mb3 wrote: I'm probably in the minority with my opinion but for me the last episode (part 18) is my favorite part of the whole show
I am joining that minority :) Of course it only works because of everything that came before.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

eyeboogers wrote:
Mb3 wrote: I'm probably in the minority with my opinion but for me the last episode (part 18) is my favorite part of the whole show
I am joining that minority :) Of course it only works because of everything that came before.
Good to know eyeboogers. I know it won't happen but I also wouldn't have a problem if they'd continue the TP saga with another movie.
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ssive-fans

'His latest Twin Peaks book title may include the word “final,” but Frost hopes the show will continue. Lynch, for his part, politely declined an interview for this story, explaining via a representative that he had moved on from Twin Peaks and was focused on his painting.'
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Pinky wrote:https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ssive-fans

'His latest Twin Peaks book title may include the word “final,” but Frost hopes the show will continue. Lynch, for his part, politely declined an interview for this story, explaining via a representative that he had moved on from Twin Peaks and was focused on his painting.'
Thanks.

It's very frustrating that no quote from Frost is provided to support their assertion. They don't even say, "When asked if he'd like Twin Peaks to continue, Frost nodded in affirmation." Nothing.
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

Wishful thinking: an announcement on the 1 year anniversary of the finale! Coming up soon...
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

Both Dale Cooper and Laura Palmer persist in a place where dreams are shared. It is ... it's where the living can meet the dead. There is no band, no. There is and was not ever even Twin Peaks. So slide in that disc and watch it, again, and again, for ever more ...
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

A very long long time ago, there was a little boy, whose grandmother died. So he went upstairs to the attic where he found golden seed, which he planted in his wet bed. Well, you know the story. He finally met his grandmother again, didn't he?
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

krishnanspace wrote:So apparently in 2082,kali yug will come to an end and the golden age will begin.Fellas,keep an eye for Twin Peaks in 2082(we might get a happy ending then) if anyone is alive by then :D
THE FIREMAN / INDRA / VISHNU dreams his 10th AVATAR Laura / Carrie / Kalki into existence, to fight demon Kali (Joudy) and BOB (2 birds with one stone)

End of the Dark Age (KALI YUGA) = Carrie Page is KALKI, Vishnu's 10th Avatar, the harbinger of the end time in Hindu eschatology atop a white horse (see her necklace). She blows out the electric flame of demon KALI/JOUDY with her scream.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

chromereflectsimage wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:So apparently in 2082,kali yug will come to an end and the golden age will begin.Fellas,keep an eye for Twin Peaks in 2082(we might get a happy ending then) if anyone is alive by then :D
THE FIREMAN / INDRA / VISHNU dreams his 10th AVATAR Laura / Carrie / Kalki into existence, to fight demon Kali (Joudy) and BOB (2 birds with one stone)

End of the Dark Age (KALI YUGA) = Carrie Page is KALKI, Vishnu's 10th Avatar, the harbinger of the end time in Hindu eschatology atop a white horse (see her necklace). She blows out the electric flame of demon KALI/JOUDY with her scream.
Love it!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Aqua
Roadhouse Member

Post by Aqua »

Jasper wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Could you expand upon the above? What would have been a golden age, and what did Lynch say that makes it a sad ending?
You'll find that section in this interview:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... _lynch_by/
Thanks! That was a long interview...and a bit of an awkward read given that everything, including Lynch's answers, appears to have been translated into French, published, then translated back into English via Google translate. I'd definitely like to see Lynch's answers as he originally spoke them.
Is there by chance the aforementioned englush transcript saved anywhere here on the forum or anywhere else on the web, since reddit does not seem to display it anymore (or am I not looking for it properly there)
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

Aqua wrote:
Jasper wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
You'll find that section in this interview:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... _lynch_by/
Thanks! That was a long interview...and a bit of an awkward read given that everything, including Lynch's answers, appears to have been translated into French, published, then translated back into English via Google translate. I'd definitely like to see Lynch's answers as he originally spoke them.
Is there by chance the aforementioned englush transcript saved anywhere here on the forum or anywhere else on the web, since reddit does not seem to display it anymore (or am I not looking for it properly there)
Sadly it looks like whoever posted the translation has deleted either just the comments or the comments and their account. Here's all that's left
CAHIERS Did he [Frost] bring to you precise ideas?

LYNCH He had an idea: Dale Cooper turns up in Las Vegas in an abandoned house. No more than that. Afterwards we begun to discuss, and here we are.

LYNCH Some things come up during filming.

CAHIERS For example?

LYNCH (Laughs.) Lots of things… I imagine you want precise things, but in fact I don't know. Sometimes things appear in a contingent way. For example you can't have the actor you want, for one reason or another, so you have to turn to another idea.

CAHIERS Do some ideas in "Twin Peaks" come from other projects, like "One Saliva Bubble"?

LYNCH No. Everything funny in "Twin Peaks" comes from the world of "Twin Peaks".

CAHIERS The world is a mystery, so art must be mysterious.

LYNCH Yes. There's nothing more beautiful than mystery. I think one makes people unhappy by solving all mysteries. A solved mystery, you forget about it and pass on to the next. An unsolved mystery, it's frustrating, but it's like a gift. Ideas are born, it makes you think, dream. The great mysteries, those that have stayed in memory, like the Black Dahlia affair for example, make you dream.

CAHIERS You are a dreamer…

LYNCH Yes.

CAHIERS So you want to keep the mystery to yourself.

LYNCH Exactly. A story has no end.

CAHIERS You don't think of the filmmaker as an omnipotent mind that reigns over his work and knows all its secrets.

LYNCH Totally, I'm completely against that idea.

CAHIERS So, if we asked you to solve mysteries –which we are not going to do– you would respond that you yourself don't know the answers. Which is true, by the way.

LYNCH (Laughs.) Exactly. I don't know the answers. There are many things I don't know.

CAHIERS The desire to have an answer for everything, to lift a corner of the veil in order to see nothing more than another corner of the veil to be lifted, that makes people unhappy.

LYNCH I agree.

CAHIERS Things may have changed between the second and the third season of "Twin Peaks". Maybe this desire has become more obsessive these days.

LYNCH No doubt, yes.

CAHIERS During editing, did you move sequences from one episode to another?

LYNCH At the beginning, I experimented with things like this, but, at the end, no, nothing was moved. I think, by the way, that nothing was cut during editing. Everything that was shot is in the series. [...]

CAHIERS Did new ideas come up during editing? For example the very surprising shot of Sarah Palmer striking the photo inserted between two shots of Cooper and Laura in the forest: is it an idea that you had during editing?

LYNCH Yes. It wasn't even in the script. It's very bizarre.

CAHIERS You shot it without knowing how it would be edited?

LYNCH I knew it would be around there… But, you know, when I was shooting, I didn't even know how many episodes there would be in all. I had no idea. […] I knew there would be more than nine episodes, but I didn't know there would be eighteen in the end.

[about the White Lodge]

LYNCH It's bizarre. I think that it's really a matter of subjectivity, of interiority, that if you saw that, it wouldn't work. It's different for everybody. It's more of an interior feeling, a thing suggested in an impressionist manner. I don't know, it's very abstract. Maybe Angelo Badalamenti could make that happen, with the music.

CAHIERS You wanted to transmit the idea, but not show it, not illustrate it.

LYNCH That's it, perhaps.

CAHIERS Did you try to keep this simple, primitive, almost funny aspect for the special effects?

LYNCH Yes, an organic aspect, because it went well with the idea. What are you thinking of, for example?

CAHIERS Diane's trembling/oscillating sweater, when she's in the Lodge.

LYNCH Ah! yes, that's a good example.

CAHIERS Do you like this kind of amusing stuff?

LYNCH Yes.

CAHIERS There are many throwbacks to "Fire Walk With Me". For example you show the scene where David Bowie says he won't talk about Judy. What did Judy represent for you, at the time of the film?

LYNCH The same thing.

CAHIERS Judy was already an "evil entity"?

LYNCH Of course. (Laughs.)