What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What chance do you think there is we will see a season 4?

Very unlikely
13%
Unlikely
32%
50/50
35%
Likely
12%
Very likely
7%

Total votes: 82
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Post by krishnanspace »

mtwentz wrote:In theory, Twin Peaks could bgo on without Lynch and Frost is they decided to do like George Lucas and sell out to the white slavers. Practically, though, I doubt Lynch would ever sell out like Lucas did, and since the audience of Twin Peaks is a relatively small cult audience, not sure if it would be profitable under a different director.

Never say never though, so maybe a few years from now we will see Twin Peaks directed by J.J. Abrams...
Imagine if Michael Bay directed Twin Peaks ;)
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I don’t think we’ll ever know the complex ins and outs of DKL’s walkout, but in the simplest terms, I think L/F had already been paid to write the S3 script, so it was Showtime’s property and theirs to do with as they would at that point.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Jasper wrote:
greg4882 wrote:True i agree. i just wonder if they legally could go foward without them even though they wouldnt. Hypothetically

For what it's worth, I would have preferred no season 3 to season 3 without Lynch's directorial involvement. I feel the same way about any potential season 4. I'm about as interested in Twin Peaks without Lynch writing and directing as I am in Disney's fake Star Wars (meaning not at all). It would be a tragic farce for Twin Peaks to become a franchise of that sort.
Although I would be extremely disappointed in a continuation of Twin Peaks without Lynch/Frost, I would still watch it. I wouldn't be nearly as excited for it but I would certainly be curious. JJ Abrams, Rodrigo Garcia, Tim Hunter, Daniel Knauf, Herzog, Jennifer Lynch, all would be decent candidates to do a project like that. But it certainly would not be the same.

As for Star Wars, I think Disney is doing a half decent job with the franchise. And to be honest, Star Wars is at its best when Lucas is not too involved. Both Lynch and Lucas did nothing with their respective licenses for 25+years. And I found Twin Peaks the return a much stronger return than the Phantom Menace was.

Return of the Jedi has always been my favourite of the films. If Lynch had directed that, which was on the table. How phenomenal would that have been? Darth Vader would of been soon scary. Frank Booth-esque.

I have not seen Solo yet. But I will testify that i really enjoyed Rogue One. Anyone sceptical of the new films. I would recommend checking this one out first.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I didn't make it past the first 10 minutes of Rogue One, and neither did my daughter. It's not like the new films are terrible in and of themselves, it's just that they offer very little that's very fresh, original or new.

The prequels, on the other hand, always shot for something new and different, even at the risk of pissing off the nostalgia-hunting crowd.

In fact, I find an interesting parallel between The Return and the prequels of Star Wars: in both cases, the artistic vision of the creator took precedence over simple fan service. Love em or hate em, the prequels were original and had interesting points to make about how democracies morph into dictatorships.

Edit: The nuclear bomb opening the Black Lodge was the midichlorion of Season 3.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I think a DKL-directed Star Wars would have been at best a messy mixed bag like Dune. He doesn’t connect with that material and his heart wouldn’t have been in it. In his biography, he describes becoming physically ill just sitting through a meeting with Lucas discussing the property.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

In a DKL directed Return of the Jedi, can you imagine how much more deliciously dark the ending might have been !?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Maddy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Maddy »

I think it should come back, even if only as a film, there were still questions that need answering.
The Angels will return...
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

After S3, I can't believe anybody would even remotely be in favor of a follow-up that wasn't Lynch-directed. Whatever one wants to say about either his involvement in the original series or the quality of S3, he completely took over this universe with this incarnation. I don't believe Showtime is so gung ho for another season that they would go ahead or ask to go ahead with someone else. This all along was what is on the posters and DVD box -- a LIMITED event series. It wasn't such an insane hit that they need more. Showtime knows it is in Lynch's court whether any more happens, and that's it.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Maddy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Maddy »

[quote="IcedOver"]After S3, I can't believe anybody would even remotely be in favor of a follow-up that wasn't Lynch-directed. Whatever one wants to say about either his involvement in the original series or the quality of S3, he completely took over this universe with this incarnation."

I agree it should only be a Lynch directed version.
The Angels will return...
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Soolsma wrote:> re: Lynch's Star Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U
Thanks, that was extremely funny. My poor girlfriend screamed out in fear when BOB appeared!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I can't understand Sabrina's comment, whether its a positive or negative sign.Its very ambiguous
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

krishnanspace wrote:I can't understand Sabrina's comment, whether its a positive or negative sign.Its very ambiguous
In the video? It doesn't mean anything regarding the possibility of more Twin Peaks. She's just laughing that an enthusiastic fan has twisted her 4th of July salutation into a petition for a 4th season of Twin Peaks.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jasper wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:I can't understand Sabrina's comment, whether its a positive or negative sign.Its very ambiguous
In the video? It doesn't mean anything regarding the possibility of more Twin Peaks. She's just laughing that an enthusiastic fan has twisted her 4th of July salutation into a petition for a 4th season of Twin Peaks.
Oh... I didn't notice the 4th of July reference