What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

What chance do you think there is we will see a season 4?

Very unlikely
11
13%
Unlikely
26
32%
50/50
29
35%
Likely
10
12%
Very likely
6
7%
 
Total votes: 82
User avatar
N. Needleman
Posts: 2063
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby N. Needleman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:54 pm

There is next to no chance TP jumps networks again.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
User avatar
Andromedeaux
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby Andromedeaux » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Regarding Carrie Page - I took his response to pertain strictly to the Carrie Page problem in the world of twin peaks, not an indication of whether he is ruminating new material. I can see how an optimist would very easily perceive the latter.

I have a question for the group after reading all of this. Do people think that Twin Peaks lives and dies with Lynch/Frost? I think there is enough collective imagination in this site alone to keep this world alive. Kimmy said it herself: we were a huge factor in its resuscitation.

When I watch Lynch's works, I am not thinking of the man - I'm purely focused on the material itself. You can't completely separate the art from the man, but Lynch always points out that ideas are like fish and just need to be caught. He is an incredible receiver of ideas and presents them in a way that is truly remarkable. He is my favorite artist by far. But I find a tendency among some members of this community to place disproportionate value and interest on the
"creator" (another word that lynch himself denounces in the context of his art).

Even in biographies written about Lynch (and I admit contrary to some things said here that I am also very fascinated by him), I frequently find this theme - the idea is what is important.

I am a chemical engineer and one concept in chemistry is "seeding". You introduce a highly pure substance into a process to lower the energy needed for the reaction to proceed spontaneously without additional energy. Lynch is the seed. I don't see any reason someone else can't carry the torch forward. There are some brilliant artists in this world and the more I read about Lynch the man, the more I realize that the circumstances of Twin Peaks even occurring are freakishly remote. That he just worked really hard on making amazing material and had little regard for commercial success. And that is just more proof that he would be nowhere if not for the imagination of the fans who resonate with the very abstract.
Last edited by Andromedeaux on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poiuyt
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:26 am

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby Poiuyt » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:27 pm

"I could go into film or TV again but Twin Peaks [The Return] took almost five years with the writing and preproduction, shooting, post-. I would want to do another series but it’d involve finding the time. So we’ll see."

http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/david-ly ... ation.html
User avatar
Soolsma
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby Soolsma » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:24 pm

N. Needleman wrote:There is next to no chance TP jumps networks again.


True. However, Netflix definitely has money to spend and Lynch had some trouble finding money for projects before. I can also imagine that S3 sparked an interest for other parties to collaborate with him.

“I don’t. I have a box of ideas, and I’m working with producer Sabrina Sutherland, kind of trying to go through and see if there’s any gold in those boxes.”

But I'm still wondering where this rumor even came from.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
User avatar
krishnanspace
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 am

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby krishnanspace » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Soolsma wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:There is next to no chance TP jumps networks again.


True. However, Netflix definitely has money to spend and Lynch had some trouble finding money for projects before. I can also imagine that S3 sparked an interest for other parties to collaborate with him.

“I don’t. I have a box of ideas, and I’m working with producer Sabrina Sutherland, kind of trying to go through and see if there’s any gold in those boxes.”

But I'm still wondering where this rumor even came from.

Talking about Netflix : https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... s_spotted/
Lynch spotted at Netflix HQ
User avatar
Soolsma
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby Soolsma » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:35 am

Well, there ya go!

Btw, Netflix streamed S3 in large regions of the world, most of South America.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
User avatar
Xavi
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:23 am

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby Xavi » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:23 am

Andromedeaux wrote:But I find a tendency among some members of this community to place disproportionate value and interest on the "creator" (another word that lynch himself denounces in the context of his art).


Exactly what I was thinking. Also the urge for additional material like "scripts and BTS footage" and this insatiable hunger for another Season feels ungrateful about all what has been created already.
User avatar
Soolsma
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby Soolsma » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:21 am

Xavi wrote:also the urge for additional material like "scripts and BTS footage" and this insatiable hunger for another Season feels ungrateful about all what has been created already.


???? There are thousands of threads on this board and only a couple are about a possible season 4. And yes, some of us like to devour anything TP related; interviews, magazine coverage, scripts, bts footage, merchandise, endless fan theories and interpretations or even fanfic. Of course, I can only speak for myself, but the fact that I am one of these Peaks-Geeks has nothing to do with my gratefulness towards the core material.
Last edited by Soolsma on Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
User avatar
Harry S. Truman
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:48 pm
Location: Spain

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby Harry S. Truman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:47 am

Soolsma wrote:
Harry S. Truman wrote:I Don,t know if this mean some, but Lynch has been seen in a Neftlix Headquarters. some Kind of conversation?


Where did you hear that?

Did some googling and never knew this happened.


Facebook and Twitter. there is photos.
User avatar
Harry S. Truman
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:48 pm
Location: Spain

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby Harry S. Truman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:49 am

Poiuyt wrote:"I could go into film or TV again but Twin Peaks [The Return] took almost five years with the writing and preproduction, shooting, post-. I would want to do another series but it’d involve finding the time. So we’ll see."

http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/david-ly ... ation.html


Lynch has said twin Peaks is calling he. he is interested.
User avatar
Harry S. Truman
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:48 pm
Location: Spain

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby Harry S. Truman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:09 pm

krishnanspace wrote:
Soolsma wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:There is next to no chance TP jumps networks again.


True. However, Netflix definitely has money to spend and Lynch had some trouble finding money for projects before. I can also imagine that S3 sparked an interest for other parties to collaborate with him.

“I don’t. I have a box of ideas, and I’m working with producer Sabrina Sutherland, kind of trying to go through and see if there’s any gold in those boxes.”

But I'm still wondering where this rumor even came from.

Talking about Netflix : https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... s_spotted/
Lynch spotted at Netflix HQ


IT,S a new Project of Lynch: The Happy Worker. Dwayne Duham direct. Lynch is executive producer.
IcedOver
Posts: 443
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby IcedOver » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:07 pm

^^If that is the truth, that is fine by me. I just don't want him directing anything for Netflix or any other service that comes through the internet. Don't have any streaming service myself (I have the real Netflix, the DVD/BD mail service), and have no desire to get it to watch my favorite filmmaker's work through the internet. Hopefully his resistance to people watching a movie on their FUCKING TELEPHONES will keep him away from streaming.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
User avatar
N. Needleman
Posts: 2063
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby N. Needleman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:00 pm

Xavi wrote:Also the urge for additional material like "scripts and BTS footage" and this insatiable hunger for another Season feels ungrateful about all what has been created already.


Tell that to Lynch, the man who commissioned a massive hours-long documentary on Season 3 for the Blu-Ray.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
User avatar
eyeboogers
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby eyeboogers » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:40 am

Xavi wrote:Exactly what I was thinking. Also the urge for additional material like "scripts and BTS footage" and this insatiable hunger for another Season feels ungrateful about all what has been created already.


Since when is shouting "encore!" an ungrateful thing? I don't understand that viewpoint at all.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:38 am

IcedOver wrote:^^If that is the truth, that is fine by me. I just don't want him directing anything for Netflix or any other service that comes through the internet. Don't have any streaming service myself (I have the real Netflix, the DVD/BD mail service), and have no desire to get it to watch my favorite filmmaker's work through the internet. Hopefully his resistance to people watching a movie on their FUCKING TELEPHONES will keep him away from streaming.


He produced tons of stuff exclusively for his website for years in the early 2000s. I don’t think he’d have a specific issue with streaming. I also find that streaming often looks as good as or better than the compressed signal from my local cable provider, depending on the platform. And NOTHING looks crappier than TV reception in the early ‘90s when he and Mark first made TP for ABC.

Which by no means is to say I think anything is happening necessarily, but I think he will (and should) take distribution where he can find it if the right idea strikes. Netflix has become a great haven for creators. I’d love to see Ronnie Rocket as an eight-hour Netflix miniseries if they could front the budget. And it would get onto disc eventually; at least it would exist.

Return to “Season 3 (2017) The Return”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests