What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What chance do you think there is we will see a season 4?

Very unlikely
13%
Unlikely
32%
50/50
35%
Likely
12%
Very likely
7%

Total votes: 82
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Jasper wrote:
Harry S. Truman wrote:If David Lynch doen,t want do more twin Peaks, SAY and finish YET with all this joke.
I actually believe that David Lynch does in fact want to do more Twin Peaks, but I also understand that he wants to do any number of other projects (directorial or otherwise). I think that the real question is which of his many desired pursuits will win out in the contest for his time. He's repeatedly lamented his lack of time recently, especially as it concerns the many distractions that interfere with his time spent working in his art studio.
Yes, but he has to think the people is very older and can,t be a lot of years with interfere and more.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I didn't watch Australian TV this morning, but I assume it was about this thing that popped into my inbox this morning:

"In an Australian and New Zealand first, five of the stars of TWIN PEAKS, Sheryl Lee, Kimmy Robertson, Michael Horse, Al Strobel, Dana Ashbrook and the Executive Producer of Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series, Sabrina S. Sutherland, will visit Australia and New Zealand for an exclusive and unique CONVERSATION WITH THE STARS evening."
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Harry S. Truman wrote:If There is a new movie or something, BYE BYE TWIN PEAKS SEASON 4. Lynch hasn,t time for two things.
LOL, I don't agree but whatever. I think Lynch will likely remain as prolific as he chooses to.

Sabrina going to Oz too. Interesting.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

krishnanspace wrote:So actually FunnyorDie retweeted it.So case closed
Please stop posting photoshops. It takes a minute to confirm stuff like that is fake or not.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

This is the first time I posted it. It wasn't meant to mislead anyone , just a prank on Soolsma
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Harry S. Truman wrote:
LateReg wrote:Perhaps you guys and gals already put this rumor to rest, but I still found this article interesting: https://thefilmstage.com/news/is-david- ... h-netflix/

The reason is because of the speculation regarding why Netflix would want Lynch: to dangle a new film in front of Cannes and see if they'll take the bait. Netflix has the resources to give Lynch whatever budget he might need, and the company is so hungry for recognition on every level, including the festival circuit, that I could actually see them doing such a thing, now that they've been banned from Cannes. Now I'm not saying that's what's happening, but I do think it's a very interesting and plausible impetus for them to want to work with Lynch. And no, I don't think he should leave Showtime if more Peaks is in the works because even if he did get less budget than he wanted, Showtime still gave quite a lot and I'm very grateful. So if he was going to be doing anything with Netflix, I would think it would be a film. Though, Netflix's deep pockets would insure that Lynch got exactly what he wanted no matter what project, and I don't know if he'd be able to pass that up. I also suspect that if it was a series that Lynch wanted to be doled out week by week, Netflix would agree; I think they'd be open to that kind of release experimentation. It's a different circumstance and for different reasons, but they did just release only half of the newest season of Arrested Development, with the rest to be released later in the year.
David Lynch doesn,t direct the movie. he is executive producer. Dwayne Dunham is the director.
I know that is the case. But the article's speculation is that he might also be meeting for a different reason. That's what I was posting about, the likelihood of Netflix wanting a Lynch film and why they would.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

krishnanspace wrote:This is the first time I posted it.
You also posted the same prank post from Reddit twice and it wasn't funny either time. I can't speak for anyone else but AFAIC it's getting old.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

baxter wrote:I didn't watch Australian TV this morning, but I assume it was about this thing that popped into my inbox this morning:

"In an Australian and New Zealand first, five of the stars of TWIN PEAKS, Sheryl Lee, Kimmy Robertson, Michael Horse, Al Strobel, Dana Ashbrook and the Executive Producer of Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series, Sabrina S. Sutherland, will visit Australia and New Zealand for an exclusive and unique CONVERSATION WITH THE STARS evening."
Ok, thanks.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

N. Needleman wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:This is the first time I posted it.
You also posted the same prank post from Reddit twice and it wasn't funny either time. I can't speak for anyone else but AFAIC it's getting old.
Chill man. Everything does not have to be so serious and grim over here.Just wanted everyone to have a good time and experience on this journey :)
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

You did have me going there. I almost grabbed that bottle :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:You did have me going there. I almost grabbed that bottle :)
Ahh... next time!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
7d13bb46e50543bcbd7a13a2450b310c.jpg
7d13bb46e50543bcbd7a13a2450b310c.jpg (42.87 KiB) Viewed 14329 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Promotion of a show that is supposedly over after a year and a half.Hmm...
The copyright now says 2018. Is that some hint? I mean, I dont know how copyrights work.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

krishnanspace wrote:Promotion of a show that is supposedly over after a year and a half.Hmm...
The copyright now says 2018. Is that some hint? I mean, I dont know how copyrights work.
Well, they certainly didn't have a lot of opportunities to talk and promote the show prior to its airing or when it was on, did they. I mean with all the "keep the mystery alive" stuff that Lynch imposed on anyone involved, including the network. So I for one don't blame them for wanting to let off some steam about how it was to participate in the new Peaks.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I feel like I really should go to this tour in Australia. It's not everyday you get to see stars from Twin Peaks in your own town.

Then again, I find these "in conversation" things to be really annoying in general. Some people ask great questions and get no answers, others ask crap questions and it all drags on.

Someone talk me into getting a ticket :-D