What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

What chance do you think there is we will see a season 4?

Very unlikely
14%
Unlikely
32%
50/50
34%
Likely
12%
Very likely
8%

Total votes: 73
Jonah

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Postby Jonah » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:36 am

I voted likely, but I'm really not sure. I have a feeling they might already be writing it or planning it and we may even get an announcement soon. But I could also see it never materialising. I'm not sure. I still have mixed feelings about S3, but I would like to see a Season 4, preferably one that picks up from Part 18 and follows Cooper and Laura (Carrie Page). I'd love to see that explored more. Not necessarily answered, but explored. It's an intriguing starting point for a new season and in many ways a fresh reboot that has endless possibilities for the directions they could go. I had longed for a more nostalgic S3, but given that we didn't really get that (or much of that), I don't have those same expectations for a S4 (it would be a welcome bonus to revisit old characters and settings, though) or really any expectations beyond continuing from the point where they left it in Part 18. I don't really mind if certain mysteries aren't followed up on (such as Audrey, etc.) but if they did decide to follow up on them, I think that would be cool too. But mainly I want to see more, despite loving the original series more than the revival, I'd still like to see more.
Actually, now that some time has passed, I like "The full blossom of the evening".
Mb3

Postby Mb3 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Jonah wrote:I voted likely, but I'm really not sure. I have a feeling they might already be writing it or planning it and we may even get an announcement soon. But I could also see it never materialising. I'm not sure. I still have mixed feelings about S3, but I would like to see a Season 4, preferably one that picks up from Part 18 and follows Cooper and Laura (Carrie Page). I'd love to see that explored more. Not necessarily answered, but explored. It's an intriguing starting point for a new season and in many ways a fresh reboot that has endless possibilities for the directions they could go. I had longed for a more nostalgic S3, but given that we didn't really get that (or much of that), I don't have those same expectations for a S4 (it would be a welcome bonus to revisit old characters and settings, though) or really any expectations beyond continuing from the point where they left it in Part 18. I don't really mind if certain mysteries aren't followed up on (such as Audrey, etc.) but if they did decide to follow up on them, I think that would be cool too. But mainly I want to see more, despite loving the original series more than the revival, I'd still like to see more.

I just finished my rewatch of the Blu-rays from the 3rd season last night and I feel exactly the same way as you do Jonah( the only difference is that I like the new series a little bit better than the old one).
I'm probably in the minority with my opinion but for me the last episode (part 18) is my favorite part of the whole show and of course I also would like to see more.
eyeboogers

Postby eyeboogers » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:08 am

Mb3 wrote:I'm probably in the minority with my opinion but for me the last episode (part 18) is my favorite part of the whole show

I am joining that minority :) Of course it only works because of everything that came before.
Mb3

Postby Mb3 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:18 am

eyeboogers wrote:
Mb3 wrote:I'm probably in the minority with my opinion but for me the last episode (part 18) is my favorite part of the whole show

I am joining that minority :) Of course it only works because of everything that came before.

Good to know eyeboogers. I know it won't happen but I also wouldn't have a problem if they'd continue the TP saga with another movie.
Pinky

Postby Pinky » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:40 pm

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ssive-fans

'His latest Twin Peaks book title may include the word “final,” but Frost hopes the show will continue. Lynch, for his part, politely declined an interview for this story, explaining via a representative that he had moved on from Twin Peaks and was focused on his painting.'
Jasper

Postby Jasper » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:34 pm

Pinky wrote:https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/08/how-twin-peaks-birthed-a-cottage-industry-of-obsessive-fans

'His latest Twin Peaks book title may include the word “final,” but Frost hopes the show will continue. Lynch, for his part, politely declined an interview for this story, explaining via a representative that he had moved on from Twin Peaks and was focused on his painting.'

Thanks.

It's very frustrating that no quote from Frost is provided to support their assertion. They don't even say, "When asked if he'd like Twin Peaks to continue, Frost nodded in affirmation." Nothing.
kitty666cats

Postby kitty666cats » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Wishful thinking: an announcement on the 1 year anniversary of the finale! Coming up soon...
Xavi

Postby Xavi » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:40 am

Both Dale Cooper and Laura Palmer persist in a place where dreams are shared. It is ... it's where the living can meet the dead. There is no band, no. There is and was not ever even Twin Peaks. So slide in that disc and watch it, again, and again, for ever more ...
Xavi

Postby Xavi » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:45 am

A very long long time ago, there was a little boy, whose grandmother died. So he went upstairs to the attic where he found golden seed, which he planted in his wet bed. Well, you know the story. He finally met his grandmother again, didn't he?

Return to “Season 3 (2017) The Return (Spoilers)”