How would Lynch/Frost tackle Season Four?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: How would Lynch/Frost tackle Season Four?

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

It’s interesting; I think in Catching the Big Fish (which was written right around the time of IE), he says he dislikes HD because everything is too clear and he praises the PD-150s for imitating the murkiness of a ‘30s film, with “room to dream” in the crushed blacks. I love IE, but I think most of us are glad he’s moved past that phase. Still, it’s surprising that he seems to have embraced crystal-clear HD so fully. I’m curious to see if he addresses the look of TP:TR at all in his new book.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

madeleineferguson wrote:Hey everybody. I've been gone from here for a few months, but lurked occasionally. It's taken a long while to digest Season 3. To be honest, I'm still chewing. But I'm happy to be back. Back and ready!

I believe Lynch/Frost are writing Season 4 right now. The offer is there from Showtime, and I think Lynch/Frost will take it. It's just too good to pass up for an artist like Lynch. Free reign to make whatever art he wants with the people he loves.

The season is already perfectly set up, I think. An alternate timeline of Twin Peaks in which Laura Palmer was not murdered, but has been missing for decades. On that premise alone, the storyline possibilities seem endless to me.
Do you believe we can have in the Showtime,s TCA in august some new??
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

I know the topic is 'how would Lynch/Frost tackle season four' but I would like to chime in with a how I would like them to tackle a season four. I definitely want some Chet Desmond. I love that character. It was a shame to see him disappear so quickly in FWWM. I would love to find out where he has been these past 25 + years. I feel like there is a whole beautiful storyline right there. Plenty of room to dream and whatnot...
-23-
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

marchug wrote:I know the topic is 'how would Lynch/Frost tackle season four' but I would like to chime in with a how I would like them to tackle a season four. I definitely want some Chet Desmond. I love that character. It was a shame to see him disappear so quickly in FWWM. I would love to find out where he has been these past 25 + years. I feel like there is a whole beautiful storyline right there. Plenty of room to dream and whatnot...
It's a bit of a puzzler to me why Desmond did not appear in Season 3, though he did get mentioned once. From what I understand, Isaak was game, but he wasn't asked. Maybe Lynch wasn't interested in the character for some reason.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

mtwentz wrote:
marchug wrote:I know the topic is 'how would Lynch/Frost tackle season four' but I would like to chime in with a how I would like them to tackle a season four. I definitely want some Chet Desmond. I love that character. It was a shame to see him disappear so quickly in FWWM. I would love to find out where he has been these past 25 + years. I feel like there is a whole beautiful storyline right there. Plenty of room to dream and whatnot...
It's a bit of a puzzler to me why Desmond did not appear in Season 3, though he did get mentioned once. From what I understand, Isaak was game, but he wasn't asked. Maybe Lynch wasn't interested in the character for some reason.
Frost said in his Reddit ama that they couldn't think of any storyline for Desmond
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

krishnanspace wrote: Frost said in his Reddit ama that they couldn't think of any storyline for Desmond
Specifically, what Frost wrote was:

"Chet was discussed but we found no easy way to bring him back from wherever he is."

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... nd_author/
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

eyeboogers wrote:
krishnanspace wrote: Frost said in his Reddit ama that they couldn't think of any storyline for Desmond
Specifically, what Frost wrote was:

"Chet was discussed but we found no easy way to bring him back from wherever he is."

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... nd_author/
Hmmm yet somehow they brought Jeffries back from the same place :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Yes, and I think that's why they didn't do anything with Chet. The Jeffries and Desmond storyline possibilities might've been too similar. Once Bowie wasn't able to do it, it might have been too late to switch the two.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I don't Chet would at all fit in the role they gave Jeffries, especially regarding the Judy connection.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."