saygoodbyetojack wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:I have no idea how to download this... :cry:

I also can’t figure out how to download this at all :|
PM
fearltd
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin peaks: Nostalgia Fanedit

Post by fearltd »

I'm on the fourth episode, I'm really enjoying it! It's amazing how much that music really lifts some of the material. Don't get me wrong, I loved The Return and Lynch's original vision, but I also really missed the music. I love the extra jazzy version of "Dance of the Dream Man" when Janey-E drops Dougie off at work.
reddinocc

Post by reddinocc »

fearltd wrote:I'm on the fourth episode, I'm really enjoying it! It's amazing how much that music really lifts some of the material. Don't get me wrong, I loved The Return and Lynch's original vision, but I also really missed the music. I love the extra jazzy version of "Dance of the Dream Man" when Janey-E drops Dougie off at work.
thanks!! let me know if you like all of it! :D
Smiling Bag
Roadhouse Member

Post by Smiling Bag »

I would love to see this? How can I DL?
naked bat

Post by naked bat »

It sure must be great, as an artist, to have some people on the internet claim they can make a better job than you and mess with your work instead of accepting your vision for what it is.

I'm sure Lynch would be thrilled to see this edit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjs6qEKhGn0&t=1s[/youtube]
A short movie about a man who goes in an abandoned morgue at night.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

naked bat wrote:It sure must be great, as an artist, to have some people on the internet claim they can make a better job than you and mess with your work instead of accepting your vision for what it is.

No-one here claimed what you claim he claimed.

Other than that, I think the best way to answer this is with a direct quote from Lynch himself: "Anyone who creates is a friend of mine." Nuff said.
reddinocc

Post by reddinocc »

naked bat wrote:It sure must be great, as an artist, to have some people on the internet claim they can make a better job than you and mess with your work instead of accepting your vision for what it is.

LOL
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

You sure sound like fun to be around...
reddinocc

Post by reddinocc »

"Damn good fan edit and hot……
Finding myself back in the black lodge and watching another Twin Peaks: The Return fan edit. What a blast.
ReddinoX did not only cut the whole season to a tighter pace but he did also an incredible job regrading season 3 to the original first 2 seasons.
The Return almost looks like a direct continuation of the first 2 seasons shot on film. No more digital plastic effect, we were back in the 90s and the golden film era.
Twin Peaks Nostalgia not only looks and feels like the original series but also sounds like it. I could not name all the reused music from the past Twin Peaks entries. But combining the visual and the soundtrack from the original entries was a brilliant idea.
Last but not least I really liked how the whole edit is cut together. There are no head-scratching subplots and nonsense characters anymore. Nostalgia is more focused on the original Twin Peaks characters and their adventures.
The final confrontation between Cooper and Bob/Mister C has been trimmed down. No more "hulk glove" attack and convoluted cutting. The weird digital effects have been trimmed down to the necessary as well.
This edit floats in the same realm as Q2 S3 edit and I enjoyed each episode as if it was the first time."

a first review on https://ifdb.fanedit.org/twin-peaks-nostalgia/

Somebody else watched it? let me know! :-)
sugarhigh
Roadhouse Member

Post by sugarhigh »

I couldn't imagine watching S3 again but now I really want to see this!
A salamander spit donuts.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

sugarhigh wrote:I couldn't imagine watching S3 again but now I really want to see this!
I'd like to just see a sample. A couple of scenes or a trailer, just out of curiosity to check out the color grading and so on, and the use of music. I don't think I could commit to watching that many hours of Lynch work that's been tampered with, but I liked s3. I once watched a fanedit of the original show, which was probably a fun project for the person who made it, but was ultimately pointless. (Why edit the best stretches of the show?)

What I do like are the shorts made by this person. They're not fanedits. They're much more creative:

https://www.youtube.com/c/joudygarland/videos

P.S. I don't begrudge anyone wanting to watch this fanedit or any other fanedit, and in fact I hope that anyone who does watch it gets a lot of enjoyment out of it, especially if they didn't have a great experience with season 3.